LegacyGT.com

BL/BP Legacy GT Meaty Tire Thread

Not looking to AutoX or anything so no serious fender mods planned.

235/40/18 shouldn't even require a roll? Or am I wrong? Putting on my kw coilovers at the same time and I'm not trying to be "slammed" or anything just eliminate %90 of the wheel gap.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
I like that a lot!

+1

It's going to go through a major change hopefully soon. Got a bunch of stuff chilling on the side waiting for paint and to go on.

Those wheels look great on OBP! Alignment specs? Any plans for more camber?

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

+1

Those wheels look great on OBP! Alignment specs? Any plans for more camber?

Thanks!

these are 18x9.5 +35 :) 245/40 I believe. I'm on a stock-ish alignment right now. I plan to add some camber in the rear via a white line kit but not much. the edge of the tires are hitting the dog leg caps on the front side of the wheel when i have my kids in the back seat and we hit a bump that requires a little bit of suspension travel.

I think I've got 1 degree on the top hat on the front i believe. I've got aluminum LCAs, BC coilers and kartboy end links. i'll be working the suspension a bit more as soon as i get a chance to work on my STI LOL

Looking to put the largest tire possible on my 09 LGT. Just bought a set of 18x8 +45 rims.

Was hoping to fit a 235/45/18 without rolling the fenders or slight roll if necessary.

Anyone running with these specs or really close?? Tires are $265 (michelin Pilot super sports) each and I want to verify fitment if possible before dropping that coin.

225/40/18 on 18x8 with super sports is a phenomenal combination. I went thru 2 sets with that combo and loved them. Stepping up to 235 on a 8 inch rim will not be as sticky or fun as you'll have more rollover which translates into sloppier handling.

225/40/18 on 18x8 with super sports is a phenomenal combination. I went thru 2 sets with that combo and loved them. Stepping up to 235 on a 8 inch rim will not be as sticky or fun as you'll have more rollover which translates into sloppier handling.

Its too late now as the 235/40/18 are already in use. I do appreciate the info and personal experience Boxkita.

This car sees plenty of spirited driving but zero autocross action, so hopefully the difference in handling won't be that noticeable...?

I actually found a bend in one of my factory rims after removal.

Hoping to avoid that with the new rims.

• 2 weeks later...

245/35/18 on 8.5 wide wheels and a 48 mm offset, not sure if they are "meaty" but they stand exactly where I waneed them to. No poke, no sink in, flush, did have all 4 rolled just to be safe with the drop from the coils

523931_2230197611571_353974092_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=820523203bfb3541556cdb40bca03cb0&oe=57CD5AFF

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

• 11 months later...
Thread revive?

http://i.imgur.com/NNEa4lb.jpg

First off, this is a sick setup. So much so that I have a set of those same rpf1's sitting in my basement waiting to be mounted 😁. I see that you are on Koni's and swifts. What camber were you running? Did you have to roll all 4 corners? Pull the fenders at all? I'm running H&R's so I'm a little higher. Just trying to plan for what kinda work I'm gonna have to do to make them fit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
it's super tight, I have since lowered the car another 1/2in with very slight rubbing. It does take some camber to fit, I'm running -3.7 front and -3.2 rear

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Never hated my stretch more than now!! Prepared to dial in more camber for better fitment / tread contact :cool:

• 9 months later...