LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

But awfulwaffle likes to remind me he owns a welder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awfulwaffle has a welder, lacks common sense, AND has a shopmate with tons of standalone ECU experience.

I'm going to give the EJ one more shot (route dependent on how the case journals and crank look). After that, GM LV3 V6 with boost seems like a fun course of action. Frankster V2?

Slowly getting stuff together. Finished 90% assy on the intake setup... Few more hoses to replace.

eae79112c87f5b762786f9663508e320.jpg50dfd8c7f0afdd8de1d84957d527c1cf.jpg

Got front cradle and new rack in, and rear cradle and trailing arm brackets. Sprayed all above that stuff with fluid film before going in!

Oh yeah don't worry the struts will be swapped with my Koni H&R combo that's on my 07 right now.

Slow and steady.

f7124758e6ce586b80b305c6995c8bb5.jpg

61f9505e70c9894d4cb4d4d31afd0226.jpg

0746d43f353673cd2818339872890632.jpg

9fc247934349a43bfa00a44dc90bd517.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Edited by B-BGTLimited

Spent about 4 hours too long working on an STI Booster and Master swap on my buddies wagon we previously installed Brembos on. The brakes were locking up and I was going insane trying to figure it out. Bleeding the brakes like 5 times. Putting wheels back on, driving it 3ish miles brakes would start to lock up. Go back try and bleed/troubleshoot.

Probably could have saved myself some time if I had been paying better attention. Looking over the STI booster swap thread instruction 4- adjust booster rod on sti booster to match legacy. Well there’s my problem! STI booster rod was almost 3/4” longer. 10 mins problem fixed and his brakes feel awesome. FML. Glad that’s over.

Quite simple honestly... Caswell Copy Cad/ZINC plating kit.

Additional components are two submersible heaters and a $50 DC power supply, with adjustable current, that just showed up today and improved my process over the one I was using this weekend. Plates way quicker now.

Just did two swaybar brackets in 18 min. Took me over 40 min to do the power steering brackets this weekend.

78d77d61bc839eb90dc8846e28c137b5.jpg

You can also get a yellow chromate dip for after the plating, the parts will look more like the golden stuff that's already on the Subaru's.

Hey all, I'm thinking about buying a set of 02-04 WRX BBS optioned wheels, I searched and can't find a picture on a wagon. I know they won't clear brembos and are only 17x7 but I'm looking for a change from my stockers.

Can anyone help with a pic?

Thanks

Quite simple honestly... Caswell Copy Cad/ZINC plating kit.

Additional components are two submersible heaters and a $50 DC power supply, with adjustable current, that just showed up today and improved my process over the one I was using this weekend. Plates way quicker now.

Just did two swaybar brackets in 18 min. Took me over 40 min to do the power steering brackets this weekend.

78d77d61bc839eb90dc8846e28c137b5.jpg

You can also get a yellow chromate dip for after the plating, the parts will look more like the golden stuff that's already on the Subaru's.

Does the yellow chromate on top drop the anodic index closer to alluminum and steel? They say especially in outdoor environments (water exposed) that having dissimilar metals is even worse. You can tell when certain bolts are galvanized, stainless, or heat treated usually by visual finish. Would be good to have a pic here for examples for people's reference.

Sold. Definitely going to do this for the rear subframe overhaul. Thanks!

I wish I had this when I overhauled my rear subframe. Ended up putting layers and layers of rattle can first with primer/galvanized zinc spray/Ace Rust Stop black/Clear coat. Probably too many layers if I'm honest and not as durable as I hoped but hopefully I'll be replacing with a chromoly one after it wears out.

Here's the info on the yellow chromate

https://caswellplating.com/yellow-chromate.html

And the info on the clear/blue

https://caswellplating.com/blue-chromate-8oz-makes-1-quart.html

Since my rear subframe is brand new I'm coating the hell out of it with fluid film... Oil and grease is really the best preventer... LOL leaky cars have the best suspension components to pick from! :)

Edited by B-BGTLimited

Clutch started acting weird yesterday, now the top half of the travel as no resistance.

Gonna check the fluid and adjustment settings.

Clutch has just over 10k miles.

The 4.44 outback tranny with 100k miles sounds like a gravel truck on deceleration, much noisier than my 4.11 Legacy tranny that has 200k miles.

Now the fix/upgrade side of me is "tranny issue? You should totally fix that with a 6mt" :lol:

Yesterday walking back up from the mail box, I notice the rear of the Spec B sitting low on one side...yep, sheetrock screw in the lower part between the tread blocks, quick run to NAPA to get a $3.30 plug kit. Let the glue and plug cure in the house over night. It's back on the car now, waiting to see if holds air...snow coming later today...Life is good... LOL.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Hey all, I'm thinking about buying a set of 02-04 WRX BBS optioned wheels, I searched and can't find a picture on a wagon. I know they won't clear brembos and are only 17x7 but I'm looking for a change from my stockers.

Can anyone help with a pic?

Thanks

Awesome wheels, very light, they're like 15 lbs. I would still have them if I didn't swap to Brembo's. How much are they asking for them? You can't ever go wrong with a set of forged BBS'.

LGT_WRX_Optionals_2.JPG.48b4754e9a16dbecf2cde4cdc455e703.JPG

LGT_WRX_Optionals.jpg.c96b8e30830cbbe0b6a6385495252d95.jpg

Awesome wheels, very light, they're like 15 lbs. I would still have them if I didn't swap to Brembo's. How much are they asking for them? You can't ever go wrong with a set of forged BBS'.

$1200, excellent condition, lips are perfect!

$1200, excellent condition, lips are perfect!

Have they been for sale for awhile? Mine were not in excellent condition but I had a tough time selling them with the width and offset and lack of clearing Brembo's. I think I ended up selling mine for $600 after they were for sale for months.

Have they been for sale for awhile? Mine were not in excellent condition but I had a tough time selling them with the width and offset and lack of clearing Brembo's. I think I ended up selling mine for $600 after they were for sale for months.

That's my issue with them. I want wider than 7" and for the price people ask for them there's a lot of options on the market. Not always as light but hell it ain't actually a racecar. I just like to pretend.

I agree with you guys 7-7.5" is good for me, weight is not important, I like 7 spoke too! Kicking around Work Emotion T7R's and Enkei PF07's

Yes, Holla they've been for sale for 4 months ( just found them) he's firm on the price like many owners with excellent condition or newly powdered BBS's 10 spoke or these.

I agree with you guys 7-7.5" is good for me, weight is not important, I like 7 spoke too! Kicking around Work Emotion T7R's and Enkei PF07's

Yes, Holla they've been for sale for 4 months ( just found them) he's firm on the price like many owners with excellent condition or newly powdered BBS's 10 spoke or these.

My real thing is offset. I was originally looking for like a 17x8 with a +42. I have an outback so I don't really want to bring the wheel in more.

Love the stock wrx and sti wheels of basically every generation though. They look good. I think better than most aftermarket.