LegacyGT.com

P0130 and P0171

I've been tasked with cleaning up my sisters 04 Subaru legacy 2.5i and getting it ready for sale. It has had an engine light on since the day we bought it with a code P0130 - bank 1 sensor 1 oxygen sensor high voltage. The dealer that we purchased the car from said that it needed the O2 sensor replaced and provided us with one of unknown origin. After replacing the sensor the light remained on. I only recently discovered that the car has had a large vacuum leak for some time caused by a vacuum line broken off of the purge valve solenoid. After replacing that and fixing the leak i was welcomed with a second code P0171- bank 1 lean. I did an idle relearn on the car and both codes came back on afterwords. At this point i don't know if the replacement o2 sensor is the problem or if the car needs to be driven enough for the fuel trim to be relearned. The voltage prior to the relearn were the following:

Oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1: 2.528v

Lambda: 1.125v

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wow, must be a day for p0171 codes. i was driving home today and the engine light came on (not flashing) and went from "I" to a flashing "S" on the i drive and the cruise control light started flashing too. i scanned it with my cheap scanner and it popped up a p0171. ok, subaru gurus- where do i start? ive owned this thing for a month and already had 2 problems. subaru ownership isn't blowing my skirt up so far.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been tasked with cleaning up my sisters 04 Subaru legacy 2.5i and getting it ready for sale. It has had an engine light on since the day we bought it with a code P0130 - bank 1 sensor 1 oxygen sensor high voltage. The dealer that we purchased the car from said that it needed the O2 sensor replaced and provided us with one of unknown origin. After replacing the sensor the light remained on. I only recently discovered that the car has had a large vacuum leak for some time caused by a vacuum line broken off of the purge valve solenoid. After replacing that and fixing the leak i was welcomed with a second code P0171- bank 1 lean. I did an idle relearn on the car and both codes came back on afterwords. At this point i don't know if the replacement o2 sensor is the problem or if the car needs to be driven enough for the fuel trim to be relearned. The voltage prior to the relearn were the following:

Oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 1: 2.528v

Lambda: 1.125v

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ok so i figured out my issue and while i have 4th gen and yours is 3rd it still may help. my issue was an air fuel sensor (part #22641aa42a). popped that in, cleared the code, and drove it to boston and back yesterday and the engine light remains gone so i think that was the issue.

Archived