LegacyGT.com

GI: Light Weight Crank Pulleys for the 10-16 Legacy, Outback, Tribeca 3.6 AT/CVT

I already made them (production run of 25).

Is anyone interested in these?

I have not had the pulleys and covers anodized yet. If there is enough interest in the 25 that I made, I will coat them (black) and sell them. Forum "GB" price would be $190 delivered to Con US. I will include matching bolts for the covers and the OEM o-ring.

20151104_151257.thumb.jpg.d9ad975551ced009828657faa71a5575.jpg

20151104_151308.thumb.jpg.0070fbec6e307e9cc18773a00ae32168.jpg

20151104_151341.thumb.jpg.51e05f84794b9375506158e88e9c22da.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I have been thinking about it. I am just not sure if there will be any huge gains from it. Are they at your shop? If so I may swing by to take a look.

Thanks

^^ You need the GT version bud, this is the 3.6R pulley.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/5th-gen-light-weight-crank-pulleys-p5283749.html#post5283749

I have been thinking about it. I am just not sure if there will be any huge gains from it. Are they at your shop? If so I may swing by to take a look.

Thanks

There are no huge gains from a pulley. But they are in stock at the shop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't take this the wrong way, but if it's stock diameter, what's the point of this pulley? Just to have something nice in the bay? :) As for rotational mass, I used to have some heavy (20+ lbs) 17" wheels on my other car that were swapped for some 15" rota slipstreams (11.9 lbs), and I couldn't tell a difference.

Now, if you were to make an underdrive one that would keep the battery charged at idle and use an off-the-shelf belt, that could spark some interest.

You need a two pulley setup to make an udp work. Just by removing the rotational mass alone you remove load at low rpm it makes the engine more responsive. Underdrive accessories is more a pain in the ass than helpful for a daily;dimming headlights when defroster, a/c turns on etc. Its not possible to have a udp pulley without an alternator overdrive pulley. The two pulley setup really isn't necessary when all you really want is a light weight pulley to remove drag. The two pulley isn't going to give more performance than just one light weight stock diameter pulley.

For autos:

This helps acceleration from a stop but in high gear you'll notice it even more. The car will be more responsive without a downshift. That is probably the biggest benefit to an automatic.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if it's stock diameter, what's the point of this pulley? Just to have something nice in the bay? :) As for rotational mass, I used to have some heavy (20+ lbs) 17" wheels on my other car that were swapped for some 15" rota slipstreams (11.9 lbs), and I couldn't tell a difference.

Now, if you were to make an underdrive one that would keep the battery charged at idle and use an off-the-shelf belt, that could spark some interest.

You need a two pulley setup to make an udp work. Just by removing the rotational mass alone you remove load at low rpm it makes the engine more responsive. Underdrive accessories is more a pain in the ass than helpful for a daily;dimming headlights when defroster, a/c turns on etc. Its not possible to have a udp pulley without an alternator overdrive pulley. The two pulley setup really isn't necessary when all you really want is a light weight pulley to remove drag. The two pulley isn't going to give more performance than just one light weight stock diameter pulley.

For autos:

This helps acceleration from a stop but in high gear you'll notice it even more. The car will be more responsive without a downshift. That is probably the biggest benefit to an automatic.

Fair enough. Thanks for chiming in.

Archived