LegacyGT.com

Brand New Tactrix 2.0 not working?

valerka

I just got my Tactrix 2.0 from Tactrix Inc. I have installed all the required software on my laptop including drivers and once connected for the first time to PC, nothing happened. So I thought that I might need to connect to the car in order for the cable to be recognized, well did it first thing this morning and nothing happened. Tried a few different cables and another PC and nothing helped, connecting the cable does not produce and response from the PC and nothing is flashing on the unit itself.

Would that be a defective unit? Has any one else had problems from the get go and how good are Tactrix with their customer support?

I would start over first. Uninstall anything you installed and reboot the pc. Install the latest version of ECUFlash. (I'm using the latest beta found here: http://www.tactrix.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=44&Itemid=65)

Once the program is installed it should show 3 different drivers being installed after. The first time you plug into the car and turn the key to acc, it should find new hardware and install another driver. That should be it as far as connecting. If you're not getting to this point, then something else might be going on.

I have tried that, I also do see it installing the three initial drivers, once connecting to the vehicle it produces no response and no lights can be seen flashing. Again, I would expect to connect the cable to a PC, drivers/no drivers and it should at least advise me of finding new hardware, but it doesn't.

So far after about 10+ calls to Tactrix, one voicemail and one email sent last Friday, I did not get a response to my problem. Will continue trying.....

Everything is fixed, as suspected the cable ended up being defective. Got a hold of Tactix on Monday and received my Cable today, Tuesday. Exceptional customer service!!! The new cable works like a charm and I off to do some logging!

Once again top marks to Tactrix for handling the replacement.

• 2 months later...
I would start over first. Uninstall anything you installed and reboot the pc. Install the latest version of ECUFlash. (I'm using the latest beta found here: http://www.tactrix.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=44&Itemid=65)

Once the program is installed it should show 3 different drivers being installed after. The first time you plug into the car and turn the key to acc, it should find new hardware and install another driver. That should be it as far as connecting. If you're not getting to this point, then something else might be going on.

I am not getting that 3rd install once the car is turned on, it appears to try and read the ecu, but fails not too long after stating "interface closed"

Archived