LegacyGT.com

Finally Happened!!!

Of course there’s always plans for corn but it’s vary scarce where I’m from. Closest station is 35 min away so doesn’t make sense. Also more power with this platform doesn’t make sense with a daily driver :(. These heads are beautiful looking. Local machine shop is OCD with his work. Looks better than new now! Valves all cleaned up as well as adjusted with new Sti cams installed 4944ec91aaea331f4568c8ead681eb6b.jpgdc539d1442ba4444348386da32ab6bc0.jpgcc8bb496b5626d4ea5b143364658d35d.jpg9d80bdf18d9eaaf6e4e47df49a2b5b57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh sweet!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These heads are beautiful looking. Local machine shop is OCD with his work. Looks better than new now! Valves all cleaned up as well as adjusted with new Sti cams installed

Where in MA is the machine shop that you used? It seems like I may need some work on my heads in the near future.

It is Dutchers Automotive in Greenfield, Ma.

Highly recommend, actually cares about his work and goes above and beyond. Cost me $525 and took just over 3 days to make these perfect!!

On a side note, need to replace my stage 3 endurance Southbend clutch which I just replaced a yr ago. Flywheel terribly overheated which came with the kit. I opted for an oem flywheel this time and they are sending me another stage 3 for $918 shipped... is what it is. 1st gear engagement under load was making a screetching sound so better to replace now of course

What better time to replace the sway bar lol! Surprisingly never got around to doing this. Engine should be going back in the car tomorrow after misc bits installed today such as timing belt, tstat, oil pan, Southbend Stage 3 endurance and oem flywheel, ngk 1 step colder, intake etc.. been two weeks without my daily driver. Curious if it makes anymore power than last time on stock cams vs sti. Decided to install both intake and exhaust as they looked to be in really good shape. Tune is on November 6 with the miracle power maker Bren

41a4f724e7ba71a2c2fafd6ccceb1fd8.jpg800bb8047eb5efab5e5dc113b79a9c97.jpg42c9bdb623bd66cfd91bbd0d25d332e6.jpg

I did see those Joe... contemplated it but I got to get this thing back on the RD ASAP with oem hoses :(. Also just fyi to you all, ck or just change out your pcv valve and tee fitting hose... the little ball inside mine was frozen and tee fitting split! Also I can remove this stupid snorkel thing from air box to save weight right lol!! 6316c6af5610afbb9e9f2b81511e1d46.jpg

Also just fyi to you all, ck or just change out your pcv valve and tee fitting hose... the little ball inside mine was frozen and tee fitting split!

Happen to have the part number for the tee handy? I've had the valve for years. Attempted to install once and it looked like I would rip the tee getting the valve out. Put it back together and haven't revisited it.

Thx D!! I just left the damn snorkel in... some reinstall pics for fun with new SB STAGE 3 clutch installed.

6d1523155bf494ffaf8b7680721e24b0.jpg1156291dccd627a02fccd0f2093ebd51.jpg24e112d6319f0a63fe318c27e477e9e8.jpg

Was supposed to drive it home today but had an intake leak from a small piece of old intake that wasn’t scraped off prior to install :(.

Intake leak fixed and finally after 2 1/2 weeks without the LGT, technician and I went for a test drive (he drove). First thing I noticed is the exhaust note is a bit deeper, not as raspy with the sti cams. Did a couple harmless pulls and feels the new stage 3 clutch slips a bit in 4th gear. Never had this happen to a new clutch. Gonna have to call Southbend tomorrow to see if this is normal break in. I’m not even sure it’s a slip cause it’s very brief when hitting boost then appears to catch. Could also just be more torque and RPMS jumping very quickly. Praying that’s all it is. Definitely feels like minor slippage though. Drove back to the shop and took a video of exhaust with new cam sound...

https://instagram.com/p/B4LsK9XJWr6/

Are you running a old tune with you’re current setup? I listened to your audio and it has a chop/lack of vacuum that it shouldn’t with such a mild setup. As far as clutch slip goes I’d say driver error more likely then slipping. Drive it yourself and see how it feels

Are you running a old tune with you’re current setup? I listened to your audio and it has a chop/lack of vacuum that it shouldn’t with such a mild setup. As far as clutch slip goes I’d say driver error more likely then slipping. Drive it yourself and see how it feels

Hey... someone figured it out lol! Was waiting for someone to comment. The BPV hose popped off after test drive, but it sounded pretty aggressive so took a video lol!!

Well finally car gets dyno tuned this wed with Bren. Was supposed to be last wed but he had canceled... maybe Sema show but who knows. Car is running great after the build and cleaned up a few boost leaks we found in a few smoke tests. Car feels much more responsive with head work, getting a nice valve seat and sti cams. Oh and the sound is waaaayyy cool. Much deeper and cold weather start up is insanely allowed! I have to blip the gas to quiet it down in the garage at 5:45am before work to be courteous of others.

Curious who has been dyno’d before and after with sti cam upgrade. I’m curious if it makes anymore power. My guess is not much but powerband may change with a bit more mid and top range with some more air flow.

Yup last year was top number, today with software update and sti cams bottom number. Not bad for pump gas... no video though :(

Can’t believe Bren got 401 tq out of this thing, crazy and feels awesome!!