LegacyGT.com

5th Gen owners....who are we??

Hmm, Been a member of the Forums for a number of years now but just now seeing this post.

2010 Legacy 2.5i, Sky Blue Metallic

214,000 (ish) miles, bought it 5 years ago with 28k on the odometer

I served 8 years in the U.S. Army, Military Police. Now do Armed Security for a major DoD Contractor which Designs, Engineers, and Manufactures Nuclear Submarines for the U.S. Navy.

No mods on the vehicle aside from converting interior lights to LED's.

This is my 2nd Subaru, my first being a 2008 Impreza 2.5i 5 speed manual.

Welcome,!

congrats on your car getting passed 200K. any issues so far?

Hmm, Been a member of the Forums for a number of years now but just now seeing this post.

2010 Legacy 2.5i, Sky Blue Metallic

214,000 (ish) miles, bought it 5 years ago with 28k on the odometer

I served 8 years in the U.S. Army, Military Police. Now do Armed Security for a major DoD Contractor which Designs, Engineers, and Manufactures Nuclear Submarines for the U.S. Navy.

No mods on the vehicle aside from converting interior lights to LED's.

This is my 2nd Subaru, my first being a 2008 Impreza 2.5i 5 speed manual.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2010 GT

23yrs

college student full time. Part time line service tech for an FBO

Second Subaru, my 05 was totaled

Oh wow, update;

Will be 28 years old next week. Still have my 2010 Legacy gt, which now has 120k miles (about 50k driven since I got it). Still only has a stage one tune.

I haven't worked at the airport in four years. I'm now full time at a hospital and working on my masters.

29, Male, Project Engineer/Estimator at a prominent mechanical contractor in the state.

2010 LGT, previous love was a 2002 Toyota Celica GT 6mt swap :wub: (still in the family)

FMIC, 3" turbo back exhaust, GFB BPV, 2013 3.6R springs & struts + 1" strut spacers, sway bars f&r, 25mm hubcentric spacers, Primitive skid plate, Perrin shift bushing, Boomba shift plate, Perrin shift stop, heavy steel shift knob, Perrin steering lockdown, rear diff bushing inserts, rear subframe bushing inserts, front strut bar, and, my personal favorite, Subaru logo puddle lights.

I'll update too:

Now 30; Project Manager; added group N transmission mount and now adding STI exhaust cams. Considering my next upgrades, possibly a hybrid turbo or flex fuel.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2011 Azurite Blue Pearl GT

hardly used with only 31700 miles on it.

Retired mechanical engineer in northeastern Ohio

Holy crap that’s low. My ‘10 LGT has 44 and change and I thought I might be in the neighborhood of the lowest. Yikes.

Sure, all of my data can be found via the dark web anyway :D

2013 2.5i Limited - Crystal Black Silica

28 y/o - married for almost 4 yrs. 1 doggo. 1 cat

Software Engineer in DC metro area

Owned a 2000 Nissan Sentra 5MT through HS and college. Engine blew up after 6mo starting my 1st job, so was forced into my first subie in Feb '14 - an '08 Impreza 2.5i 5MT (was hoping to save for another year for a WRX).

The wife (then gf) owned the legacy new from the lot (sept 2012). I inherited full time this past March after we bought our collective 3rd Subaru, a '17 FXT, while trading away the Impreza.

Mods: Just suspension, of course. Koni w/H&Rs, Superpro and whiteline bushings, thicker RSB. Only some tint for cosmetics. Not sure I'll do much more.

Next car... Maybe a subaru??? I really like the BMW X5s and the new X7. I'm a luxury snob at heart, but a performance junky in the foot.

2010 LGT Graphite Grey Metallic

138k miles

9 y/o Dog

Professional Stick Retriever for drummer in a local band

First Subaru

Mod List

-Cup holders expanded to fit peanut butter jars

-Trunk mounted ball launcher

-Pedal extensions so I can drive

-Rear seat to dog bed conversion for naps

• 3 weeks later...

What's up all? Just joined the Subaru fam. Pretty happy coming from my '98 XJ Cherokee. The Legacy is definitely a different beast.

2012 Satin White Pearl 3.6R Limited with 76k miles

29 y/o male, married but no kids... yet.

Customer Service for automotive remanufacturer

No mods so far. We'll see if I can talk the wife into letting me since this is supposed to be a family car to grow into.

20190622_203150.jpg

20190622_202757.jpg

The old beast for comparison

20190630_161925.jpg

No mods so far. We'll see if I can talk the wife into letting me since this is supposed to be a family car to grow into.

well it wouldn't be very safe to have all the extra weight of a few kids without at least a few suspension mods to keep the handling predictable(seriously tho they did increase the spring stiffness and swaybar thickness in '13 to tighten it up, at least a rear sway bar is recommended to keep it from wandering when facing cross winds on the highway) and you know with all the diaper bags and stuff in the trunk you'll probably want a little more squirt... don't want to get rear ended trying to get onto the highway.

welcome! more enablement incoming.

I decided to keep mine and begin the mods specifically because it was such an easy compromise between fun to drive and a good family car. Had my 2010 since our kid was born and the back seat is seriously well sized for baby seat and now booster. Easier to maneuver and park than a larger SUV that we also have. And when kiddo is not in the car, away I go. At speed.

I decided to keep mine and begin the mods specifically because it was such an easy compromise between fun to drive and a good family car.

This was the exact reason this had to come home with us. Been such a fun car so far. And I've never been able to fight off the mod bug on any other vehicle I've owned (see Jeep in previous post for example).

more enablement incoming.

It is welcome for sure. I think I've got her talked into wheels and tires, you know since every car should have a good summer and winter pair!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Currently own two 5th gen Legacy wagons. One is a 2009 2.5 NA manual. The other is 2012 GT with 2.0 DIT engine (Japanese import).

I'm a male. 34. Married with two young kids (hence the wagons LOL).

Process Microbiologist at a dairy company.

Live in New Zealand. DSC_0374.thumb.jpg.68c830802c2350b9a15566c1c56b102b.jpg7d06cf72ab416c476f23be308cf84391.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Edited by Cyrill Squirrel

• 1 month later...

hello,im a new member from the uk. all being well I will be picking up my jdm BR9 from the docks in about 8 weeks. mine is the 3rd one in the country they are very rare here. uk only got the 2.5 auto and 2ltr diesel wagons

At the moment I drive a facelift gen 4 H6 spec B

Edited by JDMBR9

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I used to be on here a long time ago, almost a decade.

I am 39

Married

father of 3

This is my third Subaru (05 Legacy wagon(went to the ex-wife), 05 OBXT, and now a 13 Legacy Sedan 2.5i Limited)

I am an IT "jack of all trades" I do networking, info sec, and systems for a large capital investment and mortgage company.

I look forward to getting back into the Subaru community again!

• 2 weeks later...

Heyo!

Male, about to be 35 next month.

I have the most adorable 20 month old daughter and I'm a Solutions Engineer for Schneider Electric whom I've been with for 10 years now.

I'm technically an old school Subaru member, I joined NASIOC in 2001 right when I could officially start to drive :D.

I've had 4 Subarus, most notably a 2000 RSTi sedan that I had a hand in doing all the work in myself and took delivery of one of the first 2015 WRXs to come to this shore. The former I sold because I was tired of having such a highly modified car as well as driving around with so much worry about it.

The latter, because I thought we needed something not as sporty and something my wife could drive. This was a huge mistake and I regretted having only 2 pedals. :lol:

Either way, I just picked up this 2010 LGT 6 Speed

It's got Swift Springs, Katskin Leather interior, Invidia TBE (I'm changing out the CBE because this makes my ears bleed). and some other small things.

I'm going for an open source stage 2 tune in 2 weeks time and I'll having a build thread once I get started. But so far I've spent 5 consecutive nights in my garage :)

vDxmsGo.jpg

jZqJKaJ.jpg

Ignore my messy workbench! I'm currently reorganizing the garage.

Edited by Aphex28

Heyo!

Male, about to be 35 next month.

I have the most adorable 20 month old daughter and I'm a Solutions Engineer for Schneider Electric whom I've been with for 10 years now.

I'm technically an old school Subaru member, I joined NASIOC in 2001 right when I could officially start to drive :D.

I've had 4 Subarus, most notably a 2000 RSTi sedan that I hand in doing all the work in myself and took delivery of one of the first 2015 WRXs to come to this shore. The former I sold because I was tired of having such a highly modified car and driving around with so much worry about it.

The latter, because I thought we needed something not as sporty and something my wife could drive. This was a huge mistake and I regretted having only 2 pedals. :lol:

Either way, I just picked up with 2010 LGT 6 Speed

It's got Swift Springs, Katskin Leather interior, Invidia TBE (I'm changing out the CBE because this makes my ears bleed). and some other small things.

I'm going for an open source stage 2 tune in 2 weeks time and I'll having a build thread once I get started. But so far I've spent 5 consecutive nights in my garage :)

vDxmsGo.jpg

jZqJKaJ.jpg

Ignore my messy workbench! I'm currently reorganizing the garage.

Nice looking car. Is that a Limited with wood trim removed? or a Premium with leather seats added?