LegacyGT.com

Replacement Tires

I have used nothing but Bridgestone Turenza Serenity Plus on my Subaru cars. Excellent wearing long lasting tires... My car originally came with Bridgestone EL200 rubber and I got 40K out of them easily...

The Turanza Serenity Plus looked promising on paper, but unfortunately they do not come in my size (225/50/18) which is why I now lean towards the Michelin Primacy 3 when it comes time to change.

The Michelin Premier A/S haven't lasted for shit in our '14 FXT.

They're in need or replacing at ~ 25k miles of mild to normal usage.

Is the wear even? We're at ~36K on our 2011 FXT, and they probably have at least another 4K before they hit the wear bars. I know Foresters will eat tires if your alignment isn't quite right, but it is usually excessive wear on the insides or outsides of the tread, and not even.

Is the wear even? We're at ~36K on our 2011 FXT, and they probably have at least another 4K before they hit the wear bars. I know Foresters will eat tires if your alignment isn't quite right, but it is usually excessive wear on the insides or outsides of the tread, and not even.

Even left and right, within 1/32" front and rear --> even across each tire.

Before we moved, most of those miles were on slow roads (45MPH or less), with occasional highway trips @ 5 over the speed limit for four hours, round-trip.

Now that we moved closer to one of the local cities, my wife drives a lot of around-town, which is obviously not good for the tires wear.

We drive that vehicle maybe 8k miles/year now, so the possible increase in wear will offset the local driving pattern.

Edited by gathermewool

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

The Turanza Serenity Plus looked promising on paper, but unfortunately they do not come in my size (225/50/18) which is why I now lean towards the Michelin Primacy 3 when it comes time to change.

these would work..similar tire

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/bridgestone-turanza-quiettrack/p/39970

• 1 month later...

I have always ran the Continental DWS tires (I had the ExtremeContact DWS on my 2008 Impreza, and have used the PureContact w EcoPlus Tech on my 2010 Legacy). The PureContact tires are a very comfortable ride, and I get better than "rated" MPG's on the highway (averaging between 30mpg and 32mpg, or about 550 miles to a tank). This last winter was rather lame as far as snow was concerned, though the little we did get here in CT, I had zero issues with.

Otherwise, I generally switch over to dedicated Snow tires in the winter, using Continental ExtremeWinterContact tires on a set of Steel rims, which when mounted on the Subaru, are nearly unstoppable.

I am a long way from "needing" new tires, but am not especially happy with the Goodyear LS2s that came as OEM on my 16 Limited. They are OK, but not up to what I would consider a good tire for winter travel. Even here in NH I only buy all season type tires as with AWD they have always seemed suficient for my needs. Last year we had little snow so it was not a good test of the tires, but the few times I was in snow of less than 6" I did not feel comfortable with the LS2s.

I guess its because the Legacy has a real goofy tire size of 225/50/18 that there are really not that many choices. I had Goodyear Triple Tread AS on my AWD Volvo for years and would buy again, but they are not made in the Legacy size.

So, more for curiosity sake at this point, I am wondering what replacement tire most are buying.

You COULD move up to a 235 50 18... much better selection of tires.[emoji57]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You COULD move up to a 235 50 18... much better selection of tires.[emoji57]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Your speedo would only be off by 1.5%. When your speedo indicates 70 MPH, you'd really be doing 71 MPH.

I don't remember the size differences, but I changed sizes from stock on my previous Civic for the same reason - to save money on tires and have better selection.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I got Bridgestone RE980 A/S tires put on. I was leaning towards the Continental DWS06s, but there was a $70 rebate through Bridgestone and 10% rebate through Discount Tire for this set and I decided that was too good to pass up.

A few hours later I drove through a really bad rainstorm. My dashcam picked up my drive through the rainstorm. Here's a video of probably the most intense portion. You can see the front left tire pushing lots of water up, but even then the car felt very stable.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/F6SEH5nncBipTye6A

I've read some concerns about these tires' effect on fuel economy vs similar tires, but it's too early for me to judge that.

Your speedo would only be off by 1.5%. When your speedo indicates 70 MPH, you'd really be doing 71 MPH.

I don't remember the size differences, but I changed sizes from stock on my previous Civic for the same reason - to save money on tires and have better selection.

0.4" bigger. Won't affect a thing.