LegacyGT.com

Turbo is puking oil...

Alright so started tuning, and then, it happened. The turbo started puking out of both ends, so, options. I am only really familiar with the vf48, you can replace the entire middle section most of the time for a quick rebuild. Well the vf54 is a bit different, with that being said.

Is there a rebuild kit, I can’t seem to find it if there is?

I saw a few high-bread builds online from a few companies that are 18g or 20g upgrades. Range is 950$-1500$.

Factory Subaru replacement 1200$

eBay , used factory replacement 350$-600$ but, it’s used and how long will that last?

I saw a v-band replacement adapter? I’m assuming it makes it so we can put a efr turbo on it? But then I am not sure about what turbo to get if this is an option? How easy it to hook it up to all of the oil lines/coolant lines?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133388433201

What have other people done? I can’t be the only guy in the community to have a 5th gen puking oil.

My freshly rebuilt turbo was just puking oil too! I haven’t confirmed yet that swapping them made a difference, but confirm your banjo bolts on the scavenger pump and the turbo feed line didn’t get mixed up. The pickup line from the turbo oil pan to the scavenger pump should have a banjo bolt with wide open hole on it, similar to the one for the coolant. If it’s got a pinhole like the one located on the turbo oil inlet, then it’d be sucking oil out through a straw, and leaving to much in the pan.

Brett dub. For the banjo bolts on the turbo. Does the pin hole go in the turbo line that is lower to the ground? Of higher up on the turbo oil pan?

The banjo bolts a was referring to are on the scavenger pump on the rear of the passenger side head. As for the turbo there are 3, and none of those are likely your issue. There are two towards the front of the car for coolant, and one on top for oil feeding the turbo. The one on top, I believe can’t be wrong, as it is much smaller than the standard banjo bolts. In the area of the scavenger pump is where the banjo bolts are that you need to check.

• 2 weeks later...
I think even the screen bolt has narrower passages for the oil to flow through. I just got my car back and smoking has gone down to almost nothing after putting the right bolt in place. There was still a ton of oil in the intercooler and intake track, but after running for a while, most of that oil has burned off.