LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

I would imagine they would. The 2 piece poly pancake bushings seem ideal for extending the life, but who knows if they actually do. The factory control bushing even though they rip seem to last 100K+ miles before they cause problems on daily drivers. I would guess that autocross, track days and other type of racing would accelerate the demise of those bushings.

Those multi-piece poly LCABs are another thing I was wondering about.

So I read GTEASERs explanation of the idea behind those (the AVO I think) in the suspension thread.

So I reswarch some more and see some posts here about those bushings not lasting so long, I think it was mostly by 4th gen guys.

Just changed my driver side cam sensor. Also cleaned off my battery terminals with the spray and battery tool since I took it out and added the little colored terminal washers. But now after that seems my auto up and down doesn't work on my driver side window

On a lot of cars when the battery is disconnected the power windows and sun roof need to be recalibrated for the auto functions to work.

Just a guess as I have had to do this in a lot of cars but not for the Subaru yet.

Just changed my driver side cam sensor. Also cleaned off my battery terminals with the spray and battery tool since I took it out and added the little colored terminal washers. But now after that seems my auto up and down doesn't work on my driver side window

On a lot of cars when the battery is disconnected the power windows and sun roof need to be recalibrated for the auto functions to work.

Just a guess as I have had to do this in a lot of cars but not for the Subaru yet.

Hold the window up/down button until hitting both limits. Once or twice. Should be fine after that.

Those multi-piece poly LCABs are another thing I was wondering about.

So I read GTEASERs explanation of the idea behind those (the AVO I think) in the suspension thread.

So I reswarch some more and see some posts here about those bushings not lasting so long, I think it was mostly by 4th gen guys.

The AVO and SuperPro pancake bushings are the superior design. The old Whiteline ones as well as anything made by Prothane or the like will tear just like the stock ones.

^On the Subie? Havent had to do that on mine. Maybe someone can chime in on that

You might better have that battery tested, I sometimes lose my presets when starting my car if the battery starts to get around 2 years old. I have made it a point to have it tested just inside of the free replacement warranty, the last two have tested bad without any signs of failure.

The AVO and SuperPro pancake bushings are the superior design. The old Whiteline ones as well as anything made by Prothane or the like will tear just like the stock ones.

It makes sense the way its described they work. Just came across a few threads here about problems with them.

Mostly 4th gen guys, but the suspension uses the same pancake style.

Dunno if they are representative or just isolated cases though.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/super-pro-lca-bushings-torn-117114.html

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/avo-lca-bushing-failures-236736.html

I see references to Group N bushes, I wonder if they fit the 5th gen?

Installed part# 20157AJ0401 SUPPORT-SUB FRAME

Thanks Humble Rumble for finding this part!

91c9548619638e9f4a63364a0f014b5c.jpg

Is the difference noticeable?

Also curious if this makes any noticeable difference - the parts around it seem much beefier than the brace.

Installed part# 20157AJ0401 SUPPORT-SUB FRAME

Thanks Humble Rumble for finding this part!

91c9548619638e9f4a63364a0f014b5c.jpg

Also curious if this makes any noticeable difference - the parts around it seem much beefier than the brace.

I'd say it probably has the least effect since I also have the 20mm rsb, and an RSTB. It feels slightly more rigid, but that could also just be in my head. For $30 it's not too bad, and it gave me an excuse to put on my nameless axkebacks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Today I was able to go for a longer highway drive with the superpro front bushings.

I feel a lot of improvement in initial turn in, and then the front stays rock solid through the on ramp loop, it used to sway and turn in unpredictably, no more, I could power into the turn and press it harder and harder through the loop and it felt the most planted it ever has.

I no longer notice the increased NVH either.

Today I was able to go for a longer highway drive with the superpro front bushings.

I feel a lot of improvement in initial turn in, and then the front stays rock solid through the on ramp loop, it used to sway and turn in unpredictably, no more, I could power into the turn and press it harder and harder through the loop and it felt the most planted it ever has.

I no longer notice the increased NVH either.

Do you still have the pop/creak when turning into a parking spot or driveway?

Do you still have the pop/creak when turning into a parking spot or driveway?

Yeah it may even be worse, lol. But I think it is the springs, another member with the same setup sans spacers also has the pop dgoodhue maybe...I am going to change the sway bar links out next oil change and report back.

I also noticed it much more pronounce now, so it does the popping when the car is off camber, almost like the sway bar links are the culprit, or the spring is just not seated properly in the spring seat, because the shapes/sizes are different from stock. Maybe I should try spraying silicone in there and see what happens.

Edited by FLlegacy

I installed the Mishimoto oil cooler kit for the '06 and '07 WRX & STI. I was hoping that the brackets would fit, from looking at the installed pictures... They did not. With some help from my dad, I was able to bend and modify them to work, so overall it was a success, but it is absolutely not a "bolt on" fit.

Routing the hoses was interesting. Out inlet hoses are right in the way. I ended up sending one oil hose above, and one below. I'm happy with the result though, and hopefully my temps will be more reasonable on those unreasonably hot days that PHX gets.

I installed the Mishimoto oil cooler kit for the '06 and '07 WRX & STI. I was hoping that the brackets would fit, from looking at the installed pictures... They did not. With some help from my dad, I was able to bend and modify them to work, so overall it was a success, but it is absolutely not a "bolt on" fit.

Routing the hoses was interesting. Out inlet hoses are right in the way. I ended up sending one oil hose above, and one below. I'm happy with the result though, and hopefully my temps will be more reasonable on those unreasonably hot days that PHX gets.

Nice!

Do you have oil temp and pressure gauges? I'm interested in before and after data if you have them.

And pics would be cool too!

Oh, and no freeloading, I changed the oil on the LGT today at 5,272 km (3,276 miles). Mobil 1 0w40 and Tokyo Roki 15208AA100 filter.

Put on a Mishimoto sandwich plate with temp and pressure sensors too. Thought it would be straightforward but I had to have it modified to fit it the way I wanted.

Edited by Scubaboo

Nice!

Do you have oil temp and pressure gauges? I'm interested in before and after data if you have them.

And pics would be cool too!

Oh, and no freeloading, I changed the oil on the LGT today at 5,272 km (3,276 miles). Mobil 1 0w40 and Tokyo Roki 15208AA100 filter.

Put on a Mishimoto sandwich plate with temp and pressure sensors too. Thought it would be straightforward but I had to have it modified to fit it the way I wanted.

I do not have an oil temp gauge unfortunately. This was to remedy my cooling system's inability to keeps temps down on those 115+ days. My hope is that this will take enough strain off the radiator that I can at least keep AC.

I'll try to get some pictures next time I have the bumper off, might be a week though. Sorry, I meant to, but towards the end my family was waiting on me for dinner, so I rushed to clean up and put oil in.

I do not have an oil temp gauge unfortunately. This was to remedy my cooling system's inability to keeps temps down on those 115+ days. My hope is that this will take enough strain off the radiator that I can at least keep AC.

I'll try to get some pictures next time I have the bumper off, might be a week though. Sorry, I meant to, but towards the end my family was waiting on me for dinner, so I rushed to clean up and put oil in.

No problem at all, hope it fixes your cooling issues!

Dropped it off at the shop over the weekend with freshly painted front LCAs, Super Pro Rear Bushings, Whiteline Inner Bushings, and Moog front end links all sitting in the trunk. Riding nice now.

Needed the caliper pins cleaned up/serviced as they are causing noise, but didn't have those parts in and the shop didn't either. Just ordered them and will be installing myself next week. :)