LegacyGT.com

which tires for STU autox?

legacy2005

like the topic says. im looking for a new set of tires for the up coming autox season. i bought boxwpwr rims that he was selling the 17x 8's and i trying to find a good set of tires to run this year for autox.

i had thought of running larger azenia's (235/40 or 245/45's) but the size i want dont have the reinforced side walls. also looking at the Bridgestone RE-01R, Yokohama Advan Neova AD-07, yokahama advan A032R and the Advan A048

the plan is to put them on friday night, drive the weekend/autox on them, then take them off monday.

suspension mods: sti pink springs, -2 degree front camber, front and rear cusco sway bars, avo endlinks.

which tires do you think would work the best.

Work hard. Play even harder.

My Garage

like the topic says. im looking for a new set of tires for the up coming autox season. i bought boxwpwr rims that he was selling the 17x 8's and i trying to find a good set of tires to run this year for autox.

i had thought of running larger azenia's (235/40 or 245/45's) but the size i want dont have the reinforced side walls. also looking at the Bridgestone RE-01R, Yokohama Advan Neova AD-07, yokahama advan A032R and the Advan A048

the plan is to put them on friday night, drive the weekend/autox on them, then take them off monday.

suspension mods: sti pink springs, -2 degree front camber, front and rear cusco sway bars, avo endlinks.

which tires do you think would work the best.

go wider like 17"x8.5"

find some 245/40/17 tires.. it'll be hard to find a good tire in that size because falken azenis only comes in 235/40/17 (not a bad thing since an 8" wheel would fit well with it and it's lighter than running a 245/40/17 or 245/45/17.

You can't run the Advan A032R or A048R, they are below 140 treadwear.

You can run the Advan Neova AD07s or Bridgestone RE-01Rs.. Or you can run the common Kumho MX as well. Those are the only tires worth running. Another contender would be the BFGoodrich KDs and the Hankook Ventus Z212s. Those are your choices or top contenders for autox use.

If you plan to take them off on mondays and use them ONLY for autox, get your tires shaved and heat cycled, they go a little bit faster

Your pink springs and whatever shocks you have isnt going to make you fast enough.. you need some stiffer stuff.. if I didnt live so far, I would let you ride with me in my GT while running a set of 225/45/17s (Falken Azenis RT615s) for STU, and you'll see that I use EVERY BIT of the 225s.

Keefe

I'll be running the 'ole RE92's this season.:lol: No kidding! I just bought an extra set of LGT OEM wheels. (with virtually brand new RE92's on them) I will put these on the car for daily driving and use my almost worn out RE's for three or four autocrosses this year. Next year, I hope to get one set of the wheels powder coated a charcoal color and buy some real tires. Hopefully by that time I will have been also able to do the necessary suspension work to flatten the car out. The sad part is, I have already upgraded the brakes (rotors / pads / fluid / lines) and from what I understand, that will bump me into the STU group.:eek:

Oh well, I do believe that it will be beneficial to learn what my car can do in "street trim" in the event that I am put in a precarious situation during my daily commute........

...The sad part is, I have already upgraded the brakes (rotors / pads / fluid / lines) and from what I understand, that will bump me into the STU group.:eek: ....

It's the lines that kicked you out of stock class, everything else would have been fine.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Archived