LegacyGT.com

07 Legacy Spec B

I recently took my specB in for recalls on the air pump relay, passenger airbag inflartor and brake line corosion. There was confusion when I went to check in and they had mistakenly scheduled me for the next week agreed to take the car and perform the recalls. I cant imagine the relay or brake lining taking much time. But from most videos I've seen dealing with airbags(passenger) you essentially have to rip the console and entier dash apart to get to the unit. Is there anyway for me to easily identify if this was actually performed? The interior looks like it did when I dropped it off, even the items in the glove box look the same. Also my airbag light is on not giving an OBD II code but an air bag code related to the passenger air bag. When I dropped the car off the writer who was the worst CS, couldn't find my appt and said it takes a day to do an air bag, I watched a video by a subaru tech and he claimed 3hrs, either way he ripped apart everything. So as soon as I get in and check for NON DTC codes and there is one for the passenger air bag in addition to the light being on. I feel if I call the dealership they will just lie anyway? Can I take it to another for a second opinion, I have pics of the light on with the milage, before I left the dealership. I really don't want to deal with this place at all. Should I contact Subaru directly? I greatly appreciate any help or advice.

Does it say they replaced the air bag? If the light wasn't on, but it is now, raise hell. Also, if they say they replaced the airbag and didnt....I wouldn't want to be the guy over-seeing that operation. I'd guess lying about performing a recall that has been reported to severely injure or kill people would be a little more than a slap on the wrist.

I remember reading certain years are easier than others. My once immaculate dash was all fucked up when I got my car back. They replaced the dash later down the road for the stickiness and probably walked away with over half the screws. Nothing lines up anymore :mad:

I should have clarified, they replaced the Air Bag Infiltrator, which I would assume still require removing most of the dash. The light came on frequently prior to taking it in, but when I started the car at the dealership the light was on steady, and a stored code was in the Airbag System.