LegacyGT.com

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was that for the GEO!?!??!?????!?!?!!!!

Nooo I just sold my LGT. Dude $500 in repairs for the geo I'd just toal it. I had to put 4 new tires on a fewm onths ago @ $19/tire, that just about totalled it. I think it's time to change my sig..

$500 is ballpark...some will come in lower, some higher

think I paid 3 something from our slackers over in leesburg

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

thanks for the input - PGT's response is what I needed - confirmation that it is in the right ballpark. and for that much, and I get a free car wash, the tires rotated and some of those great free wiper blades.

good thing they just sent me that great $25 off coupon for major service.

on the plus side, they will provide a loaner car for the day. I'm sure it will be a 2006 STI...

What exactly do they do for $500? From what I can see I dont get what could cost $500.

see vacation pics...

replace: engine oil + filter (already covered by my service plan)

fuel filter

brake fluid

air filter

coolant

rotate tires

inspect: drive belts, camshaft drive belt, fuel line, cooling system, clutch system, transmission oil, front & rear differential oil, brake pads & disks, parking brake, suspension, axle boots & joints, steering system.

seems like most of the cost is tied up in the recommended inspections

THEY DO NOT REPLACE THE FUEL FILTER - READ IT, LEARN IT, LIVE IT :lol:

Most dealers just print a generic invoice for a 30,000 mile service that has nothing to do with the car or the mannufacturers recommendations.

FWIW, all of those inspections take approximately 10 minutes, $500 is outrageous.

you should be able to do it all for $250 at a reputable mechanic. just get the list from subaru, and have a non gaffe-job shop do it instead.

$500 is f*cking highway robbery. they list out "coolant" but they don't flush. they list out "brake fluid" but they don't replace it. all they do is look in the damned reservoir.

save your $$, and get the job done right at a real mechanic.

• 2 weeks later...
good news, they quoted $500, but I was out the door today for $302.

and they did do the radiator flush...

I still can't imagine actually paying for the dealer to do "ANYTHING" at all to my car. I wouldn't let them do absolutely anything at all, unless it fell out under warranty, or blatently was defective, even then I would be hesitant. :lol: I can do all of that for 1/4 of that cost.

I've always let the dealer do the work as long as it's under warrenty. Figure that way if anything is wrong they can't blame anyone else or me for faulty maintenance since they do all the work themselves.

• 2 months later...
you should be able to do it all for $250 at a reputable mechanic. just get the list from subaru, and have a non gaffe-job shop do it instead.

$500 is f*cking highway robbery. they list out "coolant" but they don't flush. they list out "brake fluid" but they don't replace it. all they do is look in the damned reservoir.

save your $$, and get the job done right at a real mechanic.

By "get the list from Subaru" what exactly do you mean? Can I go into a dealership and a get a list of approved mechanics to do the service on my car, or is this something I can get on subaru.com.

I just think its weird that Subaru is so quick to recommend mechanics other than their own service department to work on Subaru cars.

Thanks for the help though, this interests me.

By "get the list from Subaru" what exactly do you mean? Can I go into a dealership and a get a list of approved mechanics to do the service on my car, or is this something I can get on subaru.com.

I just think its weird that Subaru is so quick to recommend mechanics other than their own service department to work on Subaru cars.

Thanks for the help though, this interests me.

Um.. I think he was telling you to get the list of recommended 30k mile service items, and have a mechanic do whatever's on that list. :)

What exactly do they do for $500? From what I can see I dont get what could cost $500.

replace plugs($$$$$$$$) Replace coolant.($$$) BS

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

i got quoted 585 with tax and everything for:

-brake system flush

-changing sparkplugs

-flush cooling system

-flush tranny and replace the filter and the oil pan gasket

-flush and fill the front differentials

-inspect the exhaust for leaks.

i will take it to them since i have to have the exhaust rattles fixed, and a leaky water pump. also the tranny seems to shift kinda rough, and i get torque steer from the rear

or you could be one of the lucky first buyers with the free service coupon's ;)

Anybody know if someone else can use the coupon? For instance, if I traded in my car already but still have the 30k mile coupon from the 3 yr 36k mile free maintenance thing, can somebody else use the coupon? It has my name and contract number, but I was under the impression it was just the service coupon booklet you can buy when you buy the car.

Archived