LegacyGT.com

I'm trying to figure out what seats we can put in with easy. And how much work im getting in to install 2015+ Sti seats. Anyone have any photos of the plugs on the bottom of their seats ? Or done a seat swap to another Subaru seat ?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm trying to figure out what seats we can put in with easy. And how much work im getting in to install 2015+ Sti seats. Anyone have any photos of the plugs on the bottom of their seats ? Or done a seat swap to another Subaru seat ?

I can dig up the SSM real quick and see if I find anything. There's all sorts of goodies in the service manual.

I sent you some of my old vacation pics I found, still looking for the manual :p

Edited by Timothy.B

• 2 weeks later...
Will '11 STI seats fit? I know the power seats will be gone but does the heating and air bag plug work? And will they bolt up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do not bolt in. But there may be a somewhat easy bracket mod to get them to bolt in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Update- I've figured out pretty much every option i have to put the seats in. The best two are to either buy the after market seat mount (140 and you need sliders) or to hack off the feet on the sti seats and swap in legacy or out back feet. (or rail swap to 2010 and above) or just go get custom feet made for the seat. Keeping the overall cost on the seat mounts has been the part I'm dealing with at the moment since do no have access to a welder when i could easily do all of the fab work myself. Ive located some base legacy seats with manual sliders and feat that I'm gonna take a look at to see if they work. wiring won't be an issue most of the wires can be spliced in and the heated seats plug in just needs to be retro fitted from a 2015 wax/sti to a legacy/outback connector. This is where I'm at right now. My gt is in the shop for a tow truck damaging its bumper so once i get it back ill be getting the seats mounted and the wiring started

This is what I was thinking, swapping the feet would be easiest. I am going to try to get a set of 5th Gen Legacy/Outback seats here locally on either Craiglist or when I have time off go up to the junk yards in Sacramento. I'm sure they will be happy to get rid of seats that had airbags blow for cheap.

This is what I was thinking, swapping the feet would be easiest. I am going to try to get a set of 5th Gen Legacy/Outback seats here locally on either Craiglist or when I have time off go up to the junk yards in Sacramento. I'm sure they will be happy to get rid of seats that had airbags blow for cheap.

my goal is to see if i can find legacy/outback seats that have been deployed i have spoken with a few junk yards which specialize in subaru and some are as cheap as 40-60 bucks. so this is doable without spending 280 to mount them without sliders. ill be heading down next week when i get my gt back from the shop to grab two more seats to make this seat swap happen. OR if i come across a legit fab shop that is willing to be reasonable on pricing.

Interested to see what you end up doing here. Just found a nice set of 2012 wrx seats that I imagine are equally as difficult to mount. Slightly off topic but do all subaru seats have airbags? I don't see an srs tag in the pictures of these like our stock seats have.

Interested to see what you end up doing here. Just found a nice set of 2012 wrx seats that I imagine are equally as difficult to mount. Slightly off topic but do all subaru seats have airbags? I don't see an srs tag in the pictures of these like our stock seats have.

If your going to go through the hassle of installing WRX or STI seats, I would get the 2015 and up. They are much more comfortable seat then the 08-14 had. The 2018 Recaro would be even better, but those are likely to be pricy for a while (especially since Subaru is up-charging around $2500 for the seats)

I'm pretty sure they all do. Thanks to a member on here I know it's possible yo retro fit the 2015 sti wiring to the legacy/outback ones

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...