LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

I'm wondering if this will pave way to some friendlier car prices over the next couple of years due to inventory, since most folk's cars will have extended lives. Although if production is down then it'll all even out.

you're forgetting about all the people that keep up with the joneses, as well as people taking advantage of incredibly low interest rates. a bunch of my coworkers have been buying new cars over the last few months because why not? they were going to in the next year or two anyways, there's deals out there now, and 0% financing is a hell of a drug

I called the body shop that fixed the rear drivers side damage. I thought they may have had to blend the paint that far up. They said they didn’t, but also asked if I could bring the car by to check it out. They did give me a bottle of touchup paint when I picked it up a couple months ago, so I’m taking that with me.

Going by the shop today after work for them to check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adjusted the front ride height on the alignment rack to be sure everything is level. Then drove it around to settle, then back on the rack to align. Got a nice 1/8" rake back to front with a full tank of gas.

Fronts were a bit higher than I liked after the shock mount change and after a few weeks OCD wouldnt let me take it anymore lol!

J4AcP8G.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Picked up an accessport from Tuck and tuned the car today. 93 octane stage 1 map, and holy balls does that torque down low make a *huge* difference. Very, very worthwhile to do on even a stock car...making me want to go stage 2.

Picked up an accessport from Tuck and tuned the car today. 93 octane stage 1 map, and holy balls does that torque down low make a *huge* difference. Very, very worthwhile to do on even a stock car...making me want to go stage 2.
The difference in stage 2 is more reliability than anything. The high-flow cat helps keep exhaust temps down. I almost swear my stage 1 ots tune was better. On the highway it was for sure, I could pull pretty hard in 6th. Now I have to downshift to 4th usually.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The difference in stage 2 is more reliability than anything. The high-flow cat helps keep exhaust temps down. I almost swear my stage 1 ots tune was better. On the highway it was for sure, I could pull pretty hard in 6th. Now I have to downshift to 4th usually.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

And the cool throaty sound too!

That happened to my Legacy GT last year. I heard a loud thud of a rock hit the near the rear view mirror while driving. I didn't see any damage on the windshield and was half expecting a dent on the roof edge. It looked fine until the weekend when entire windshield cracked from the rear view mirror. Edited by dgoodhue

Had a pretty big day today.

Front and rear diff oil change. Wa happy with how little metal there was on the drain plugs.

Rear diff mount and bushings swapped out. Cusco and AVO respectively.

Did the AVO endlinks front and back too.

Installed some underbody braces. Parts 57851YC010, ST57851ST000 and 20157AJ040.

Installed the STI seats from a VAB. Was really lucky in the JDM it was just plugnplay no airbag light either.

Next project is putting some sound proofing in the doors.

Another good day.

Door soundproofing in. Made a hell of a difference. Makes me want to put better speakers in.

Got my hoodscoop back from my mate who painted it up. Pretty happy with how it looks. I hope it will increase airflow a little too. Had to replace the bonnet liner but lucky I had heaps of heatproof mat leftover from the doors.

Finally retrofitted cruise control. Mine didn't have the loom already there so I had to tap into the ECU. I can write up how I did that if anyone wants to know how.

Car needs a good clean.

6jIdIib.jpg

gXfzuDP.jpg

vX8Il65.jpg

New job? Hopefully good changes?

We think so. It's a much smaller town (20,000 people that surges to 25,000 during the school year). My wife was able to transfer down with the same bank, so she will be able to keep her benefits. We are also about an hour closer to her parents which is nice.

I'll be there full time starting next week. We have been moving the shop and there was a lot to move. Still have to finish packing up our house and get moved down to a storage place so we can paint the inside of our duplex in Kansas City. Once it sells, then it's house hunting time. Thankfully we have a small rental there for the transition.

Took her for a nice drive around the lake Champlain islands this afternoon... temps were 230 when i got back, let it cool down and checked just now, my upper radiator hose is totally empty, the coolant tank is nearly brimming, way over the high mark even cold so I'm assuming i have an air leak. my freaking truck did nearly the same thing 2 weeks ago, except the coolant tank was empty, ended up being a broken hose clamp. didn't find any leaks under this one but there was some fluid that came out of over flow because it seems it filled all the way up.

Took her for a nice drive around the lake Champlain islands this afternoon... temps were 230 when i got back, let it cool down and checked just now, my upper radiator hose is totally empty, the coolant tank is nearly brimming, way over the high mark even cold so I'm assuming i have an air leak. my freaking truck did nearly the same thing 2 weeks ago, except the coolant tank was empty, ended up being a broken hose clamp. didn't find any leaks under this one but there was some fluid that came out of over flow because it seems it filled all the way up.

looks to be that it was just accumulated air recking the vacuum because the coolant has over 100K on it. topped off and bled it with some blue stuff and the car is acting normally, temps drop after crossing the 190 threshold, fluid drains out of the overflow back down below the high mark once cooled. just need to do a little flush and get some fresh fluid in there. do i really need to run subaru supercoolant or can i just use regular blue stuff with the subaru additive?