LegacyGT.com

Bilstein coilovers for 4th gen wagon

mikeh

Hey guys I have the option to buy some near new bilstein coilovers for my wagon (think they are the b16(pss9) ones) and what I am wondering is, is it worth it to get them? Has anyone had much experience with bilstein? How much of an improvement in handling, ride etc for everyday use? Mainly after them cos my car has a hideous rake with the front being around 30mm higher than the back so want an even car. Any help appreciated thanks

IMO the PSS9 is a very nice suspension; definitely a cut above the average ISC or BR setup. I'd jump on them at anything close to the price of a new set of entry-level coilovers. You'll be glad you did :)

Don't expect miracles on the rake, though. These cars are set up that way. The front fenders are cut much higher to allow for suspension travel. The old WRXs were even worse. Look at the belt-line or side-skirts instead to judge rake.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Ive been very lucky dealing with a wrecker not far from me he has been a great help. Im getting an sti front lip cos I replaced my 2.0 gtb front bumper with a 3.0 non turbo one after running through a heard of goats late one night (it looks far better than the 2.0 gt bumper anyway) and I asked if he had a sti lip lying around and he said yea then asked about coilovers and he said hes got some near new bilstein pss9 ones for $900nz. Also got some aero roof racks near new from him for half the price of new. Thanks for the info I think I will take them just one more quick question is the certification process a difficult one?

Okay so im not sure if they are the b14 or b16 coilovers but does anyone know if theres much difference? Haven't seen them in person yet just photos. I would chuck some pictures up but I have no idea how to :-?

I don't see any provision for adjusting damping on those, which makes them the B14 "BSS" coilovers. I have them on my LGT and they are great for the street.

Great thanks mate Im going to get them this weekend

Archived