LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

It is not just facebook. it is anonymity.

Seldom you will find people who will say something to your face.

This is where the 80/20 rule may come into play. There is the top 20 and bottom 80. There is also the bottom 20. It doesn't take a large percentage of people who are uneducated/immature/selfish/greedy/fill-in-the-blank to annoy the majority.

The veil of anonymity...so sad. It empowers some of the worst.

It's Friday! Have a great weekend!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Yeah I largely left FB last year some time and I'm glad I did. One of the things I like about this forum is that for the most part, the worst I've seen is people get kinda testy. No big deal, my coworkers are worse.

I hate that if you're going to date, have a professional life, and just generally be social, you have to have a FB; otherwise you kind of look like a psychopath.

If you want to see a train wreck, look at people's posts about the recent pipe bombs. You can feel you IQ go down as you read people's comments.

There are "Keyboard Commandos" everywhere.....I now only go onto 4 forums (2 cars,1 golf and 1 fly-fishing) and NO social media. I was on FB for a while, with the golf club company I was working for, and just got so fed up with all the BS I cancelled my FB acct.

Never looked back :)

All this "social media" crap is probably the most over rated junk that has come along in decades.

Anyone here that's familiar with the massive Wangan SPL fanboy I am won't be shocked by this post lol. I found some more Wangan goodies I'm going to grab over bonus season. Steering wheel for VA/VM chassis, and a nice looking Wangan oil cap.

I would LOVE to throw money at their beautiful red BBK, but not only is it really expensive (of course), but I feel like finding/sourcing components for them in the future would be a nightmare.

hPm1BGE.png2RaH3fR.png

aKVaKJ8.png

Would using the trans oil cooler in the radiator for engine oil be a bad idea? I was just thinking if the radiator had the passage and we don't need it, might be a good use for it.

Also, I found some of my parts stash I forgot about in the shed as I am getting it more organized. I'm not sure if I will use them yet...024f12d96a85dd5d517405dc253e9682.jpg7a8f1b7a5979e729b9911ce3f1237a89.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

screw in one of my brand new re71r.

i found 2 nails in my ps4 a few months back.

intentional or random... I wonder....

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Would using the trans oil cooler in the radiator for engine oil be a bad idea? I was just thinking if the radiator had the passage and we don't need it, might be a good use for it.
Its a clever idea, but I'd advise against it for the same reason the OE setup on many AT/CVT cars (including ours) where the radiator hosts a transmission cooler circuit and the coolant is used as a transmission warmer/cooler; temp stabilizer.... is also a bad idea.

On paper it sounds great (both from a practical and a bean-counter perspective). In practice, all it takes is some minor internal leaks, cracks, or damage and bam - your ATF/CVTF (or in your case Engine Oil ) is mixing with the Coolant.... not worth the risk.

Plus if there are ever engine cooling problems or engine oil problems, I'd rather not have these two temps correlated, especially on an FI Subaru.

I use the ignore/unfollow button as needed to keep my experience positive. But it does get old quick. One reason I am very picky about the groups I join and participate in.

I've unfollowed so many people on Facebook that it's literally just a few groups that I'm in and a couple friends that don't post annoying stuff. Everyone just likes to complain nowadays.

Random YouTube channels have been keeping me more occupied lately than Netflix. I like watching bushcraft videos (idk why). Or those restoration videos. Also a few car related channels I follow.

My Syclone has an internal oil cooler in the radiator. It has a block adapter to relocate the oil filter which routes the oil through the radiator before sending it back to the block. The oil pressure in the engine is about 1/3 less than an automatic transmission cooler sees. My concern would be a pressure drop. I don't know how Subaru does oiling priority, but GM oil filter in the 1st item after the oil pump, so a pressure drop affects oiling to the entire engine. A major oil leak could take out the entire engine.

My C4 Corvette had an external oil cooler but didn't route it through the radiator.

screw in one of my brand new re71r.

i found 2 nails in my ps4 a few months back.

intentional or random... I wonder....

I'm guessing you are not talking about a PlayStation. I would be mad if I found nails in my PS4 also. :lol:

Took my car for an alignment this morning. Tech finishes up, brings everything back in. The salesman gives me one copy of specs, but can't tell me if they are before or after alignment...so back on the rack it goes. And it has taken even longer to get "readings"...except you don't need tools for readings unless it wasn't done the first time, am I right?

Update: Tech redid the alignment with before and afters, didn't zero out the rear toe, instead matched the left to the right...so when I am leaving I take it for a test spin and what do you know the steering wheel isn't centered so back to the rack it goes. After the 3rd alignment all feels well. I still don't like the settings but I will worry about that when I get more work done on the suspension. Drives good for now.

Edited by FLlegacy

Took my car for an alignment this morning. Tech finishes up, brings everything back in. The salesman gives me one copy of specs, but can't tell me if they are before or after alignment...so back on the rack it goes. And it has taken even longer to get "readings"...except you don't need tools for readings unless it wasn't done the first time, am I right?

Update: Tech redid the alignment with before and afters, didn't zero out the rear toe, instead matched the left to the right...so when I am leaving I take it for a test spin and what do you know the steering wheel isn't centered so back to the rack it goes. After the 3rd alignment all feels well. I still don't like the settings but I will worry about that when I get more work done on the suspension. Drives good for now.

That's why when I went to Conrads and they did a kinda lazy alignment I just left it at that and I'll have a reputable place do it.

Edited by Timothy.B

That's why when I went to Conrads and they did a kinda lazy alignment I just left it at that and I'll have a reputable place do it.

This used to be a Goodyear local franchise service center, with decent service, now I am not so sure.

The salesman gave me a printout of recommended maintenance "from Subaru". $80 front diff fluid, $228 for the transmission oil change, and $180 for the "transfer case fluid". Can anyone see what is wrong there? Ill put up a pic later it was laughable.

The salesman gave me a printout of recommended maintenance "from Subaru". $80 front diff fluid, $228 for the transmission oil change, and $180 for the "transfer case fluid". Can anyone see what is wrong there? Ill put up a pic later it was laughable.

I highly doubt that they are changing the sealed viscous coupler fluid; the fluid in the transfer case is manual transmission fluid. I am surprised they didn't quote you for the front differential fluid as well.