LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Always a rough winter in New England once you've been out west. Did one day at Crotched a couple weeks back, and I can't make the Killington trip early March my friends are going on, so I think my next boarding excursion will be 2 days out in CO early April. First time I went out there, on the gondola ride up the mountain, the local couple (not part of our group) was complaining about "only" having 120" of base coat :lol:

On-topic: still no word back from the machine shop with a quote. Need to give them a call with a reminder that I'm looking to throw money at them... On another note, looking for ELH and am upset I just missed the Perrin ones that were on NASIOC/here for a couple days because I assumed shipping wouldn't work out. Womp. Also on the market for a 15+ STi steering rack.

I believe this guy has some Tomei ELH available.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/phx-metro-az-totaled-my-07-spec-b-whats-sale-280861.html

Have you made any changes recently? Anything needing tuning? How many miles on the sparkplugs? If you swap the ignition coil with another cylinder does the misfire follow?

No recent changes, except the weather's been in the teens and low 20's overnight pretty consistently recently. Spark plugs were new with the motor.

Working on my last revision with Cryotune, and day to day everything looks and feels great logging.

Haven't had the effort to mechanically troubleshoot, but have 4 newer coilpacks I'll be installing. I'd like to refresh the injectors too just bc they have a lot of miles on them and the motor is 10k miles old.

Just a lot of misfires at first start when idling, and it goes away for the rest of the day. Not even noticeable except seeing it on BtSsm. I'm not too worried about it, just wondered if anyone had an immediate idea.

Our snow has been pretty pathetic this year, but I've already gotten 4 trips up the mountain, today included. From my front door to parked at the North Face lot it's 30 minutes is my redeeming factor, but @2500 feet.

Edited by BoozeRS05

looking for ELH and am upset I just missed the Perrin ones that were on NASIOC/here for a couple days because I assumed shipping wouldn't work out. Womp. Also on the market for a 15+ STi steering rack.

Quite a few VF37 setups around the nets to satisfy the ELH desire.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

Kinda sucks, rented skis/boots for my little girl and were not able to take her skiing yet. Driving up north with her is difficult but I will try at least get her to Wachusset.

Back in the early 90's when I got back into skiing, I started my son off in a 6 week Saturday afternoon ski school at a local hill. He was 4.5y/o. That worked great.

As for this season I can't complain too much, today was day 27 on skis, skied 631 miles and 684,000ft of vertical ft so far.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

a3a47ea26227e32def3afcd12b6b237a.jpg

Switch plate for EVO Recaro done. ABS cut, formed and wrapped in 3M vinyl wrap. Not perfect, I may try taking a mould if the original switch since it is curved in 2 directions and might be a nicer fit & finish making a carbon or FRP version.

2006 Legacy GT Wagon - Regamasters, Evo X Recaros, STI 6MT, Brembo 6-Pots (in progress)

@regashiii

No recent changes, except the weather's been in the teens and low 20's overnight pretty consistently recently. Spark plugs were new with the motor.

Working on my last revision with Cryotune, and day to day everything looks and feels great logging.

Haven't had the effort to mechanically troubleshoot, but have 4 newer coilpacks I'll be installing. I'd like to refresh the injectors too just bc they have a lot of miles on them and the motor is 10k miles old.

Just a lot of misfires at first start when idling, and it goes away for the rest of the day. Not even noticeable except seeing it on BtSsm. I'm not too worried about it, just wondered if anyone had an immediate idea.

Our snow has been pretty pathetic this year, but I've already gotten 4 trips up the mountain, today included. From my front door to parked at the North Face lot it's 30 minutes is my redeeming factor, but @2500 feet.

I have a set of stock injectors if you need them.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I picked up 3 of the Power Steering O-Rings.

Now I just need to wait for the weather to cooperate.

Anyone know what the correct torque amount is when putting the bolt back on?

SC

1994 Legacy MI

2008 Legacy GT specB

2023 Crosstrek Limited

My ST205 Celica GT4 showed up today. It is sublime! Reminds me of a bugeye WRX. Build quality is great. The car is an absolute nugget. Rally build starts tomorrow. Poor wagon will have to wait for those new coils a few more weeks.

49471081163_4625f9ece3_b.jpg

My ST205 Celica GT4 showed up today. It is sublime! Reminds me of a bugeye WRX. Build quality is great. The car is an absolute nugget. Rally build starts tomorrow. Poor wagon will have to wait for those new coils a few more weeks.

49471081163_4625f9ece3_b.jpg

Wait did I miss something. You imported the Celica to gut it and make it into a rally car? Like a stage rally car? I mean I'm way into rally but that seems silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left work early. Went night skiing. Felt great and when I got home decided to stay awake and install all the interior lights I got from diode dynamics today along with the tap turn relay.

d8b15f3fed6afd0e9593b76c0cec1beb.jpg

You can actually see in the trunk now. It's incredible.

Left work early. Went night skiing. Felt great and when I got home decided to stay awake and install all the interior lights I got from diode dynamics today along with the tap turn relay.

d8b15f3fed6afd0e9593b76c0cec1beb.jpg

You can actually see in the trunk now. It's incredible.

I might just have to get some dome LEDs now. I wasn't convinced bc I thought the color might be to cold for my liking, but that photo makes them look good.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I might just have to get some dome LEDs now. I wasn't convinced bc I thought the color might be to cold for my liking, but that photo makes them look good.

I was a bit concerned about that which is why I did ALL of them in one go. Got license plate bulbs too but didn't have the right size screwdriver.

Do the smd12 panel in the rear. I was hesitant but it sticks in perfectly. The other lights were more aesthetics than function. They helped but I also like the white.

Spark plugs changed. Finally had the guts to do it with a Subie buddy. I did his brakes on his WRX while he showed me the tips to tackle the plugs. Sucks that when I took my car to a local shop here in Vegas when doing my whiteline rear lateral link install and spark plug change, the plugs were definitely not changed.

On another note, after having the 15' Sti steering rack a couple weeks now, I love it, I love it. Gotta love the ease of lock to lock is just 1 1/4 turn i would say. Now just keeping an eye out for a 6 speed swap preferably spec b and it will be nearly complete.

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

Wait did I miss something. You imported the Celica to gut it and make it into a rally car? Like a stage rally car? I mean I'm way into rally but that seems silly.

Not silly at all! What else do you do with a 25 year old homologation rally special? The cars getting ran for a full season of rally cross this year. Also, its getting a full Castrol livery wrap in the near future.

If I like it, I may put a cage in for sprint rallys. Don't have time or budget for full blown stage rallys.

49474196741_43aec004e4_b.jpg

Ran in to my first problem today. My 15" rally wheels and gravel tires I ran on my Impreza rally car last year wont clear the massive Supra brakes on the Celica. Shopping for some 16's that fit now.

I suppose I meant silly in the idea of what I assume was a lot of effort getting it here. I figured you were gonna garage queen it or do something with lower risk to the car haha.

Don't get me wrong, I want to get a focus and swap in the new 3 cylinder engine from edm. I'm hoping to go full stage rally one day, I just also expect to wreck the thing!

Can't wait to see it wrapped!! Gonna be sweet.

I'm guessing Yawgoo is grass?

No snow on the ground, I live 10 minutes drive from Yawgoo. Plus she grew out of Bunny hill, and the other slopes are a bit too narrow.

Back in the early 90's when I got back into skiing, I started my son off in a 6 week Saturday afternoon ski school at a local hill. He was 4.5y/o. That worked great.

Yes we went through that and she learned at Yawgoo, it was good for 2-3 years in a row.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

You can find them used for 200-300 now if you look around. Do it!

Really? I should have done that last year while I had the engine and tranny out....

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Really? I should have done that last year while I had the engine and tranny out....

I'm going to be doing this soon and idk if it's any easier to go from above honestly. Maybe with both out it would be. It really doesn't look too bad though from underneath. Going to do the front sway at the same time.

Yep, found mine on car-part for 300, seen them cheaper since. Just gotta watch for em, plenty of people wrecking the late model STIs it seems. The install isn't bad from below - took me under 2 hours on a lift, a little more on stands probably. Hardest part is getting the line nuts threaded.

Direct fit, aside from having to tweak one of the hardlines slightly, and cutting a few threads off the inner tie rod ends.