LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Installed new Depot headlamp assemblies today. pics don't really do the drivers side justice....it was terribly hazy and the passenger side had been replaced at some point. Also threw on the stock/summer wheels. Wish I had sweet summer sneakers like most of you but not a priority with 3 vehicles on the road. 858fbc9afc4342a24aa77f8de7428971.jpga460edac5cba18b9e29fc1c09c32d091.jpgad5631ac9a214ad07c1a420d42110d00.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Anyone ever replaced the rear glass reveal molding? It's the outer gasket of the main rear glass (not a rear door window but the actual rear glass). Mine has seen better days and the gasket is cheap. My searches haven't been fruitful as it seems everyone just talks about changing the glass. P/N: 65158AG00B

Did some one handed work on the spec b today, I didn't do as good of a job as I wanted but it will suffice. Wetsanded, polished, and coated my headlights. I've been wanting to do this since I got the car last summer, but only having it at my place in the last few weeks, the opportunity came up with the weather today I couldn't resist.

92114117_10163424185720096_1662130735571533824_o.jpg.34994e4da30893424353c3b8c6278a21.jpg

92248849_10163424185925096_7788735673023856640_o.jpg.45ba28498dad5a115a074cd698b6505f.jpg

92248329_10163424186065096_7701874610911838208_o.jpg.c45139b4aa89a337f4c3f2a69322e88e.jpg

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

measuring the valve weight and length for engine rebuild thread. So happy to dig through the boxes of valves to see what I have. Looks like enough to build every set of heads plus a brand new, still shrink wrapped, gsc valves. Sigh...

just need another set of v25b heads. Anyone?

This guy, his name is Ben too..

He might have what your looking for.

a8cada1fe98531fdbaa6853b3eaeba6d@sale.craigslist.org

Cheers,

Ben.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Installed new Depot headlamp assemblies today. pics don't really do the drivers side justice....it was terribly hazy and the passenger side had been replaced at some point. Also threw on the stock/summer wheels. Wish I had sweet summer sneakers like most of you but not a priority with 3 vehicles on the road. 858fbc9afc4342a24aa77f8de7428971.jpga460edac5cba18b9e29fc1c09c32d091.jpgad5631ac9a214ad07c1a420d42110d00.jpg

Do yourself a favor and put some Lamin-X on those headlights while they are new. Here is a link, looks like for $60 you get headlights and fogs covered:

https://www.lamin-x.com/precut-film-covers/subaru-legacy-08-09-headlight-covers.html

And there was APR10 coupon that popped up for 10% discount.

P.S. I am not affiliated, but I've been running my LGT with headlight covers since I bought it in 07. Still original headlights, still clear, on my second Lamin-X set.

Edited by SubOperator
Added a link to the product

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Do yourself a favor and put some Lamin-X on those headlights while they are new. Here is a link, looks like for $60 you get headlights and fogs covered:

https://www.lamin-x.com/precut-film-covers/subaru-legacy-08-09-headlight-covers.html

P.S. I am not affiliated, but I've been running my LGT with headlight covers since I bought it in 07. Still original headlights, still clear, on my second Lamin-X set.

How hard is the install? Some people don't seem too pleased but that may be user error. Thanks for the link.

Well I finished up the job that I started when I ripped my hand open, rear sway bar installation. I still need to grab longer bolts so I can use my reinforcement pieces but it's on for now, there is no tag on the aftermarket rear sway that was on there except for a sticker with a number. (84245)

Would anyone know what brand it is?? It's almost as big as the zero sports one I put on.

92281288_10163427957155096_1217481292631769088_o.thumb.jpg.a7c17f2fd38b90d1f831d747fcfff6f1.jpg

92469765_10163427957790096_8202047423959269376_o.thumb.jpg.691b653c5b1b8ba0e6881fc898f5cd8a.jpg

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

How hard is the install? Some people don't seem too pleased but that may be user error. Thanks for the link.

It's not, just requires having a heat gun or hair dryer. From there just patience and time, the process is forgiving and you can peel the film off if something went wrong in the last inch or two. Our headlights are relatively simple, just large blob for the low beam lens in the middle. IIRC I started at either of the corners, work with patience, use heat gun to give the film more flexibility to wrap around the central blob, make sure you check the alignment of the end as you slowly undo the backing and move towards the other end. Work bubbles out as you go. Don't take the backing off at once, start with little piece and undo it as you go.

A Youtube video or two should help.

I did exactly that with my WRX in 2005 - I got replacement headlights, and Lamin-x film over them. They're still clear to this day! Highly recommended.

I ordered Lamin-x for the new headlights the other day. It looks like they custom cut and it should be shipping soon. I will follow up with the install.

It's ok as the the car got a wash and wax after the new lights and is parked in the garage due to the current situation with work...our work vehicles come home with us for the time being.

Side note/question....who has done their own window tint on the LGT? I have done a few vehicles in the past with good results. Two of our three places closed permanently and the other is priced through the roof. Black car needs some tint, not limo but something.

I ordered Lamin-x for the new headlights the other day. It looks like they custom cut and it should be shipping soon. I will follow up with the install.

It's ok as the the car got a wash and wax after the new lights and is parked in the garage due to the current situation with work...our work vehicles come home with us for the time being.

Side note/question....who has done their own window tint on the LGT? I have done a few vehicles in the past with good results. Two of our three places closed permanently and the other is priced through the roof. Black car needs some tint, not limo but something.

Did you have to ask them to custom cut them or is that just something they do? I’m going to be restoring/polishing my headlights this weekend and wanted more protection.

*EDIT* sorry for my laziness I just found their site and noticed they are precut.

Edited by sd2180
Did some searching

Pro-tip: keep the backing, and you can cut new ones for yourself or someone else from a bulk film roll. Only applies if you have other BL/BPs around - I do, so I used the backing paper from the set I used on my car to cut overlays for my older son's 05 OB.

Same applies to fogs etc.

Pro-tip: keep the backing, and you can cut new ones for yourself or someone else from a bulk film roll. Only applies if you have other BL/BPs around - I do, so I used the backing paper from the set I used on my car to cut overlays for my older son's 05 OB.

Same applies to fogs etc.

So what your telling us is, if your good with a scalpel you could just buy a sheet of the film and...DIY.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

So what your telling us is, if your good with a scalpel you could just buy a sheet of the film and...DIY.

Pretty much yes.

Did you have to ask them to custom cut them or is that just something they do? I’m going to be restoring/polishing my headlights this weekend and wanted more protection.

*EDIT* sorry for my laziness I just found their site and noticed they are precut.

It did say they are precut but when the order was placed there was a message stating to allow 2-3 days for them to be shipped as all orders are cut to fill....regardless....I didn't do anything special with my order aside from yellow fogs. I hope they look good like I have seen in other cars.

I took my LGT up to 7k a couple times this morning on the way in to work... felt good.

What turbo are you running? My avo380 pulls hard all the way to (past!) redline. In 2-3-4 I find myself between 6200-6500 more often than I would like!

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

What turbo are you running? My avo380 pulls hard all the way to (past!) redline. In 2-3-4 I find myself between 6200-6500 more often than I would like!

JMP's modified VF-40, upgraded a couple years ago during my rebuild.

It normally feels great, but my exhaust leak keeps me below 5psi.

Who knew that ebay headers would be a pain to get working right... I thought "not me, I'll make 'em work". Haha jokes on me suckers.

Had eBay header for 4 years, ceramic coated before install, but recently discovered it's leaking at the passenger head.

Need to find a stock manifold since I've misplaced mine, or maybe buy another cheap one online. Looks like the bolts and flanges are rotten, gonna be a mess to remove.

Edited by BoozeRS05