LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Audio/Video Clip Compilation Thread

snow05gtRI

Hi all,

I am looking for Cobb catted DP with all remaining stock exhaust system (stock Y pipe with resonator and muffler). Does anyone has sound/video?

I am looking for silent performance, i am not looking for loud solution

Thanks all, Legacy love!

I don't have a video handy but with my well worn stock exhaust (120k) it has some slight noise at idle... best way to describe it is that it sounds like an older italian car with a stock exhaust... just something, nothing of note though. Beyond that is really doesn't make any noise at all, it's silent cruising, zero drone etc. You can hear the turbo spin up with the windows down, it's still very subtle though.

If silent performance is what you are after you are right on target!

Running that and stage 2 cobb tune (which is required) provides a very responsive setup with no noise. I'm personally running the 91 tune and running 93 octane just for longevity.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Given the scarcity of quality LGT CBEs I went ahead and fabbed up a axel back using a custom 2.25” Y and DynoMax Super Turbo mufflers. My OEM were rusted out and all the salvage ones were just as bad, I kept the stock resonator and I really enjoy the sound. Little drone at low speeds in high gear, nothing at cruising speeds. It will do until I find a Borla

https://youtu.be/RL9_XJXZ5k0

Cold Start..

'08 2.5i

Infernofab 4-2-1 header, Infernofab high flow cat, HKS axleback

https://youtu.be/231LsnV2BPo

Walk around, warm start, drive

'08 2.5i

Infernofab 4-2-1 header, Infernofab high flow cat, HKS axleback

Your setup sounds really good for a 253 with a UEL. My trick to cut the rasp was to use a Borla XR-1 as a resonator and two Vibrant mufflers the HKS is not enough on N/A. The GT and 2.5i have the same Y Pipe so that’s as good as it gets as far as stock rasp reduction on a 2.5i.

• 7 months later...
Given the scarcity of quality LGT CBEs I went ahead and fabbed up a axel back using a custom 2.25” Y and DynoMax Super Turbo mufflers. My OEM were rusted out and all the salvage ones were just as bad, I kept the stock resonator and I really enjoy the sound. Little drone at low speeds in high gear, nothing at cruising speeds. It will do until I find a Borla

nicely done, sounds great!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I installed my TBE exhaust and got a tune earlier this month and got some clips finally.  I have a 2005 wagon, engine all stock, stock manifold and up-pipe.  Components I put on were Invidia catted dp, nameless mid/y-pipe (3") and Fujitsubo Wagolis mufflers.

I did the following - cold start, a few rev blips, 30 mph/50 kph cruise windows up/down, 50 mph.80 kph cruise windows up/down, 75 mph/120 kph cruise windows up/down, some standing start 0-60 mph/0-100 kph windows up/down, one pull outside the car and finally warm idle windows up/down.

Hope it inspires someone else to think outside the box.  :)

I will hopefully return shortly with a similar format as I had Killer B holy headers and an invidia catless up pipe installed today.  Hopefully going to do the BOV vacuum feed mod and replace the blue tee under the intercooler, tune again before the weekend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And I have returned with new video after having KillerB ELH holy headers and Invidia catless up-pipe installed.  Same format as previous video, text shows throughout video.

The car is mildly louder than previously, and the deep bass tone it had is more of a baritone now.  :)  Still very easy to live with in daily driving.

Edited by GearJamr