LegacyGT.com

Side skirts

Anyone have any info on these side skirts and if they fit? Can't really find much as far as options for side skirts for the 13 Legacy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-10-14-Subaru-Legacy-Side-Skirts-Extensions-Splitters-PP-/192084630755?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

From the pics on the listing it seems like they'll fit. It also says in the listing that it'll come with the set of side skirts and 2 rolls of double sided tape, which I don't know how that will effect the longevity of the side skirts staying there...

Edited by Alexmed2002

There isn't much in the way of skirts. There's a few add-on ones similar to these ones that you found, and some generic ones that may be able to work, and then the DAMD clone combo that myself and few others wear. These ones you posted are the simplest, most straight forward option, and they'll fit fine, seen a few others wear them. There are a handful of replacement/aftermarket side skirts from tuner companies, but they're all very expensive, import only and costly to do so, and fit the JDM model, which, yes, will have fitment issues near the front fender on a USDM car.

Here's a little school on side skirts. JDM models had the option of three different side skirts from the factory: L-Package, S-Package, and Stylish Option Package. And all three are different from USDM side skirts. The fenders are also different: USDM fenders are wider. Because of this, skirt add-ons that attached UNDERNEATH the factory skirts will work 99% fine. There may be some very minor gaps, but they'll still fit and stay on just fine. However, skirts that REPLACE the factory side skirt will not only be expensive and have to come from Japan, but will have fitment issues and require much more work to get to fit properly on USDM cars.

Here's a comparison of the factory ones.

JDM L-Package

X79CsIf.png

JDM S-Package

YCGMIAs.png

JDM Stylish Option Package (actually hard to find real life pictures of this one, this is from the accessory catalogue)

QO8H7HL.png

USDM. As you can see, the USDM is closest in design to the S-Package, but differs in that it's not fully flat on the bottom, and dips down slight towards each wheel and bulges out differently.

eiHZiVd.png

Onto to the aftermarket stuff, there's actually a pretty big selection of pretty attractive stuff, but sadly cost and fitment issues make most of them insurmountable for your average USDM owner.

STI Add-On Skirt Lip. This will fit just fine on USDM.

baHp1w0.jpg

Corazon Side Step

IG4U1hT.jpg

DAMD L-Package Add-On Lip. Unconfirmed if this will fit USDM, never seen one brought in.

fbb9aqo.jpg

DAMD S-Package Add-On Lip. This is the one that many will use, it fits USDM about 99% and has had cheaper clones made of it available on Ebay.

4SJ8caZ.jpg

Gialla Side Step

lHj45KX.jpg

K2Gear Side Step

HPDHFmE.jpg

Liberal Albero Side Step. This is visually similar to OEM.

uW4SKtw.jpg

Rowen/Tommy Kaira Side Step. There are a few different variants of this one. This image is of the carbon under lip version.

BqvZoRO.jpg

S-Craft Side Step

l1n6qgm.jpg

wow, thanks for laying all that out Humble. the K2gear one looks pretty damn good

No problem. This is a small sample of the kind of information I have stockpiled for my body kit thread, it's just going to be massive and I haven't had the time to set aside to do it for a while now.

And this is one reason I love this forum. So much niche information on these cars that most people overlook. :)

Couldn't agree more! Even simple things like buying the coin tray for our cars where the fuse panel is inside simply blows me away :cool:

Wow, I wasn't expecting such an informative response lol, thank you so much HumbleRumble! I'm still kinda new to this site and every time I've asked about something you've been quick to answer, much appreciated! Btw do you know where I could find a set of the S-craft or DAMD s package ones? I haven't been able to find anything other than the eBay ones I posted above

Sure do. For both of these, you'll have to go through a purchaser/forwarder like MyJapanBrand or JapanParts in order to obtain them. Expect to pay around $300-$400 in shipping costs alone for either.

Legit DAMD ones can be found here: https://www.damd.co.jp/products/subaru/legacy/

Price for unpainted is ¥44000 and carbon is ¥78000, which translates to roughly $415 and $735 respectively. That's the price before shipping and paint.

S-Craft ones can be found here: http://www.frp-craft.com/cgi/pd/pd.cgi?mode=sview&bango=91

Price for the unpainted ones is ¥50000, cost for them to paint it for you is an additional ¥28000 (¥3000 additional for Satin White Pearl). This translates to about $472 for the side skirts, $265 for paint and $28 additional for SWP. Again, this is before shipping.

So basically, prepare to plunk down $1000 easy for either option, give or take tax and fees.

Alternatively, you can get the 5-piece DAMD clone combo from Xtreme Spoiler (ebay), which includes the side skirts, rear bumper corner extensions, and middle extension, all painted, for $398, free shipping. This is what I did. Link for that is here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/391724637965

Sure do. For both of these, you'll have to go through a purchaser/forwarder like MyJapanBrand or JapanParts in order to obtain them. Expect to pay around $300-$400 in shipping costs alone for either.

Legit DAMD ones can be found here: https://www.damd.co.jp/products/subaru/legacy/

Price for unpainted is ¥44000 and carbon is ¥78000, which translates to roughly $415 and $735 respectively. That's the price before shipping and paint.

S-Craft ones can be found here: http://www.frp-craft.com/cgi/pd/pd.cgi?mode=sview&bango=91

Price for the unpainted ones is ¥50000, cost for them to paint it for you is an additional ¥28000 (¥3000 additional for Satin White Pearl). This translates to about $472 for the side skirts, $265 for paint and $28 additional for SWP. Again, this is before shipping.

So basically, prepare to plunk down $1000 easy for either option, give or take tax and fees.

Alternatively, you can get the 5-piece DAMD clone combo from Xtreme Spoiler (ebay), which includes the side skirts, rear bumper corner extensions, and middle extension, all painted, for $398, free shipping. This is what I did. Link for that is here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/391724637965

Thank you! Definitely gonna look at the 5piece set, as much as I'd love to keep dumping more and more money into my car, the budget just doesn't allow for 1000 bucks for side skirts right now lol

• 7 months later...
Anyone have any info on these side skirts and if they fit? Can't really find much as far as options for side skirts for the 13 Legacy.

Hello. Did you purchase these finally or you went different way? I'm still trying to figure out if they fit and if the material is sturdy enough for the price.

Hello. Did you purchase these finally or you went different way? I'm still trying to figure out if they fit and if the material is sturdy enough for the price.

No I decided to hold off on buying them, moving kinda put a hold on all current projects lol