LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Me too!

Pardon the washed-out east-facing morning shot and the TPMS light. The light's on because the TPMS sensors are on my winter wheels, which are on the rack in the garage.

IMG_20190515_073522.thumb.jpg.96bc93c2f17be2553c5a10ed2bdea05a.jpg

Initial impressions: The combo of Koyorad and STI thermostat is pretty great. Ambient temps were 90F. Drove for about 15-20 min around the area. Stopped at lights, got on the freeway up to 65 mph and temps ranged from 178-185F with cruising temp pegged at 180F once the engine warmed up. Typically I'd see temps ranging from 187-201F with a cruising temp of 190F.

Parts list:

Koyorad radiator: VH091662

STi thermostat: 21210AA030

Samco hoses: TCS516/C

I would give about 8-12 weeks on the Samco hoses if anyone is interested in them. I bought mine from NoLimit Motorsport, but you can probably get them elsewhere as well.

The Koyorad is 100% plug and play. I followed the FSM and read up on BBPeik's install of the mishimoto rad. The Koyorad comes with the plug in the upper right corner so there's no need to buy one from the hardware shop. Stock fans bolted up perfectly. I'll do an update after a week of commuting to see if the temps have changed.

IMG_20190517_151747.thumb.jpg.832b290cf87a8b587a2bc713c7f7c400.jpg

IMG_20190517_151752.thumb.jpg.b99d97ad270b219eef187672ddbeb85c.jpg

IMG_20190517_151712.thumb.jpg.44d85c47274e3d85602eba0b7079b3b1.jpg

IMG_20190517_083912.thumb.jpg.7388cb3403e5134afd48792b91c5777f.jpg

Edited by Zee199969

Initial impressions: The combo of Koyorad and STI thermostat is pretty great. Ambient temps were 90F. Drove for about 15-20 min around the area. Stopped at lights, got on the freeway up to 65 mph and temps ranged from 178-185F with cruising temp pegged at 180F once the engine warmed up. Typically I'd see temps ranging from 187-201F with a cruising temp of 190F.

Where are you located? If you’re only seeing 185° so far with an ambient temp of around 90° that’s awesome. I’m from NYC we get a mix of hot/cold. That’s gonna suck come winter when it’s around 32° sometimes lower. The heat won’t most likely get very warm. I’m definitely interested in upgrading the cooling on mine as well.

Where are you located? If you’re only seeing 185° so far with an ambient temp of around 90° that’s awesome. I’m from NYC we get a mix of hot/cold. That’s gonna suck come winter when it’s around 32° sometimes lower. The heat won’t most likely get very warm. I’m definitely interested in upgrading the cooling on mine as well.

I'm down in Houston TX. This was with the a/c on. I got it to warm up during the purging process to 210F so that the fans kicked on (per FSM Instructions) with the a/c off. We don't get a lot of cold weather down here. But if/when we do, I'm confident I'll get enough heat to warm the cabin

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

It will be fine for heat in the winter, the STI thermostat is rated to open at 76-80C (169-176F), so below those temperatures the radiator is being bypassed.

Drove it yesterday with my son. Finally test the A/C and it's blowing cold air. Thought I need a recharge but it's working fine.

I also took the Subi in for emission at 6am at one of these 24hr kiosk (G'burg, MD). It was so much faster.

Replaced my worn out Sti OE front brake pads and rotors with Stoptech Street Performance 309.10010 pads and DBA 4654S-10 4000 T3 slotted rotors.

Loving they way they look, I want to do the rears now too but holding back as they are just half worn lol!

j1unwCl.jpg

So just for fun... (crap pic - sorry) Wells Fargo allowed me to do this so I figured why the hell not? Is it overboard love affair with my car???:wub: Wife wants to know why not her or the kids??? I said "babes, we are all in the car together!!" :lol::lol:

IMG_6405.thumb.jpg.83a54588058e940f3854089a289f35ee.jpg

Haha, it took me a second to realize that it was an actual pic on your credit card and not a reflection of your car behind you.

That's awesome!

Tell her it's either this of the GT makes it in the next family photo.:)

Test fitting the lower mesh I cut up for the bumper. Just need some edging to smooth out the shape and need to mount it. Ignore the mess that is my front bumper. It's hideous. I'm gonna find something to find the old plate holes soon. Ohio got rid of front plate finally.

Also knocked out spark plugs, air filter, front and rear diff and ATF fluid in the last two weeks. I think all that is left brake fluid, cabin filter and clean the engine bay (it's been almost 4 years).

IMG_20190529_183537.thumb.jpg.bcd57882d754caddcfa185ece260f6a9.jpg

Is that plastic or aluminum mesh?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BR0OEOE/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This stuff. Had enough for both the grill and the lower portion. It's ABS but thicker than most the stuff I've seen online.

I might just smooth the edges out on the mesh. Adding edging around it might look odd. RikGT (Luis) suggested maybe epoxy welding some pieces of thin aluminum to the bumper to bend around and hold the mesh down.

Edited by Timothy.B

Put the new ramps to use today.. hose clamped a loose heat shield. the shield completed rusted away from the bolt :lol:

47990054866_c6c2a42462_z.jpg

47990003108_4ba66e04f0_z.jpg

47990003278_9f1c476d37_k.jpg

Side note, are there supposed to be additional shields covering the pipe and resonator? Based on some the scraping damage down there I wouldn't doubt them getting ripped off at some point... :confused:

47989999607_b0f87a8091_k.jpg

Replaced my worn out Sti OE front brake pads and rotors with Stoptech Street Performance 309.10010 pads and DBA 4654S-10 4000 T3 slotted rotors.

Loving they way they look, I want to do the rears now too but holding back as they are just half worn lol!

What size wheel/tire are you running?

I finally wired up a relay to turn my AWIC pump on with key on. I had it hard wired to the battery and used a fused link to turn it off. It was only for a couple of days, but what a pain in the arse to open the hood and pull the fuse to turn the pump off all the time.

I used the rubber grommet for the clutch lines to punch a tiny hole through for the power wire to get into the cabin area. I used the lighter in the console instead of the one in the dash for power because it was much easier to deal with the wiring.

It's so nice not having to pop the hood every time i drive the car!

In case some of you didn't know from Facebook, I sent off my OEM charge pipe to a company who will be doing an aftermarket unit since the racerX model is no longer available. Stay tuned over there for the group by when it happens. I'm not in charge of it so please don't pm me with questions, as I didn't didn't coordinate it. I simply offered to send mine since i don't need it.

In case some of you didn't know from Facebook, I sent off my OEM charge pipe to a company who will be doing an aftermarket unit since the racerX model is no longer available. Stay tuned over there for the group by when it happens. I'm not in charge of it so please don't pm me with questions, as I didn't didn't coordinate it. I simply offered to send mine since i don't need it.

ZOMG!!!! Are you in charge of the group buy?? PM sent!

Just kidding! :lol: thanks for making this option possible!