LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

Saw my painter yesterday and we scheduled the Legacy for tomorrow. Should be done by Saturday or Sunday. The only thing to do now is clear out the trunk just in case if he needs to remove the rear bumper and go to the bank.

I've been on the hunt for a good pair of fronts for some time now...

The rears look a little beat up (not that it matters, I wouldn't use them anyway) but that's a pretty good price.

Right now I have my eye on a set of JDM recaro's. Hardest part is airbags.

I wonder how much work it would take to install them. But, not sure if the WRX seats have any lumbar adjustment. Also, I was curious about the airbags in the seats as well. Are they just plug and play?

Saw my painter yesterday and we scheduled the Legacy for tomorrow. Should be done by Saturday or Sunday. The only thing to do now is clear out the trunk just in case if he needs to remove the rear bumper and go to the bank.

What I miss?

BBPeik. How's that 6 speed treating ya?

Edited by Timothy.B

I have been on vacation since this weekend. This past saturday, I made a Subaru parts order for maintenance items I am going to do on my Legacy and Outback. My package was delivered yesterday and some a-hole stole my package. It probably is in the trash or thrown on the side of road somewhere, because I am sure the thief probably isn't going know what to do with the gaskets, oil plug crush washers, radiator caps, super coolant etc. I was planning on doing some maintenance this weekend, but I guess that is out the door.

What I miss?

My wife sister drove the Legacy and backed it up hard against a light post boulder in the parking light with her mother, daughter, my wife and my born son (week old) in the vehicle. My wife was to tired to drive because of the birth of our son. My wife sister daughter put all her weight on the passenger side rocker panel and broke the clips while entering and exiting the vehicle :(.

I'm getting the rear bumper painted, OEM brand new rocker panel painted and installed and getting the front driver fender fixed. It was pushed in by a little bit but enough to have a gap (due to pressure) between the front bumper, headlight and fender meet.

Edited by amusa

I have been on vacation since this weekend. This past saturday, I made a Subaru parts order for maintenance items I am going to do on my Legacy and Outback. My package was delivered yesterday and some a-hole stole my package. It probably is in the trash or thrown on the side of road somewhere, because I am sure the thief probably isn't going know what to do with the gaskets, oil plug crush washers, radiator caps, super coolant etc. I was planning on doing some maintenance this weekend, but I guess that is out the door.

Some people really freakin suck! Sorry you have to deal with that.

this guy needs to sell these, might actually make a dent in stolen packages if there were a couple thousand of these floating around

This is really random and nothing to do with our Legacys.

I had complete hip replacement surgery on April 3rd (Second new hip in 6 years) and went out for my first "Real" walk this morning....walked all the way to the end of our street and back home....Yahoo!! That is about 500 yards in each direction....not a big deal...BUT it's a HUGE deal to me at this point.

Cheers ';)

BTW....I started my car too.....sitting idle for 2 weeks and flashed up right away....may try driving later in the week :)

Edited by Scooby Fan

It turns out my post office delivered the package to the wrong house. It is being sent back to Subaru Part Warehouse. I will get it eventually.

I actually went for a walk to the local park, beach and the wooded area nearby looking to see if someone discarded it on the side of the road or in the trash.

It turns out my post office delivered the package to the wrong house. It is being sent back to Subaru Part Warehouse. I will get it eventually.

I always claim it as a lost package and I always cancel it from my cards and it's on there end if they decided to ship it back out or not :p

2 nice looking '11 GTs for sale in PA. Would feel awkward getting rid of the '13 for an older car, but 165k miles is making me look around for good deals.

I don't regret selling my '12 2.5i 6MT to buy my '12 GT. If you can find a good condition 2011 GT, go for it if you enjoy a faster car. If I had any regrets, it is that I didn't keep my 2.5i as winter driver since I had bought it new and kept it in great shape and was proactive with the maintenance.

2 nice looking '11 GTs for sale in PA. Would feel awkward getting rid of the '13 for an older car, but 165k miles is making me look around for good deals.

Yeah I think a GT is a different animal from an "i", I'd seriously consider making the jump to a fresh one.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever gotten Brembos to fit under 17's? I imagine if they only fit some 18's that they wouldn't even be close to fitting 17's.

Trying to come up with any reason to un-enable myself...

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever gotten Brembos to fit under 17's? I imagine if they only fit some 18's that they wouldn't even be close to fitting 17's.

Trying to come up with any reason to un-enable myself...

Sorry, but they fit under a lot of 17" wheels just fine. :p

go for it! cars don't age the way they used to, 2 years is nothing. the GT is much more fun than the i... like twice as fun.