LegacyGT.com

2005 LGT Wagon that's sat a lot?

A dealer has a 2005 LGT Limited Wagon with 1,000 miles that was sold new in February, 2006, returned in a week (car scraped in the owner's driveway), and been sitting since then. That's a lot of sitting, before and after the sale. Would that be bad for the car (corrosion in the engine, etc.)?

It's in Santa Rosa, California (a bit north of San Francisco). The internet sales manager said they've been trying to get their money out of it but have recently decided to take a loss on it to sell it. But their lowered price is $28,000 which I told her was out of the question for a used 2005 regardless of miles. I'm scheduled to see it Saturday morning and can make an offer if I want. I'll be seeing and driving another 2005 LGT Limited wagon this evening at another dealer, with 25,000 miles, and their price is $23,999 which the salesman told me right off has some room in it.

those prices seem a bit on the high side, even for california. I would definatally call around. I know that Subaru of Santa Cruz had a Red 05 or 06 sedan on the lot with something like 26k on the sticker. I would call them and talk to Dan or Bruce 831-420-1500 and see if they still have it.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

those prices seem a bit on the high side, even for california. I would definatally call around. I know that Subaru of Santa Cruz had a Red 05 or 06 sedan on the lot with something like 26k on the sticker. I would call them and talk to Dan or Bruce 831-420-1500 and see if they still have it.
Thanks, but I do want a wagon.

That is what I remember seeing there. You can call and see what else they have. Bruce and Dan can make great deals.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I'm thinking $22,000 for the 25,000 mile 2005 LGT Auto Limited Wagon would be OK. What do you think?

Maybe $24K for the 1,000-mile one?

More like $19-20k tops for the 25k one. Second is suspect.

I paid $22k OTD (before tax) for my brand new 2005 unlimited LGT 5MT wagon with 12 (twelve) miles on the odo in May '06. Yes no mistakes here.

I just got my '05 Limited Sedan w/ 10K miles for $19K. Mint condition. (Private party sale though). $28K is way too high.
I've been looking for private party cars, but so far no LGT Limited Wagons. It's not like looking for private party Accords or Camrys (or even Outbacks). I''m sort of resigned to having to buy from a dealer.

I've been looking for private party cars, but so far no LGT Limited Wagons. It's not like looking for private party Accords or Camrys (or even Outbacks). I''m sort of resigned to having to buy from a dealer.

Sometimes you gotta be willing to travel to get the right car. I had to fly to TX to get mine.

Here's one in MD. http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43824&highlight=limited+wagon

Thanks for that link. But I'm really busy at work right now, so just don't have the time to do the cross-country thing. And his price is about what I'm expecting to be able to get one of them for at a local dealer (appt set for this evening to drive it).

That's cool. Didn't know if maybe you were in his area (you don't have a location listed in your profile). Good luck with the search. :)

Thanks for that link. But I'm really busy at work right now, so just don't have the time to do the cross-country thing. And his price is about what I'm expecting to be able to get one of them for at a local dealer (appt set for this evening to drive it).

that and importing a car into CA is the biggest pain in th A$$. And you would loose the 5 year exemption for smog testing for new cars, from what I have heard.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

MRW,

I'd find a new '06 instead. There are still a couple around, though none in Calif. For a newer model year, zero miles, fresh warrantee and the knowledge that no one else has abused it, spend the extra coin. Resale should be better too.

I just picked up an '06 LGT LTD in Reno for $26k with a few options. There is a dealer in Klammath Falls who has a Garnet Red one and they offered to drive it down to me in Sacramento. There is also one in Beaverton Ore.

I pick up my 2005 LGT non-limited Wagon 5spd about 5 months ago for 22,750. It had 15 miles on it.

They still have a 2005 Non-limited 5eat Wagon for sale with only 30 miles on it.

My friend went in and offered them 20K for it and they said they would not go any lower that 23K, but that was 2 months ago and they still have it.

Ferguson Imports in Tulsa, OK. It might be worth it to come pick it up and save 5K.

Thanks again to everyone. Tonight I bought a black 2005 LGT Limited 5EAT Wagon, 25,000 miles, for $23,000 from a dealer in San Rafael, CA. Maybe I could have gotten another $1,000 off if I were a better negotiator or been more willing to spend more time. But I'm really busy and it's done! I loved driving it. We did freeway (tires seemed a bit noisy is my only complaint) then a very windy road. It's definitely more fun on those roads than my Volvo 850 Turbo Wagon was; feels like a much smaller and more agile car (it's about the same length, though). They have one small ding to fix. I'll pick it up in a couple days.

Archived