LegacyGT.com

Sorting out P codes

Got around to putting some upgrades in my car. ‘05 LGt. Invidia up and down pipe, could air intake, vf52 turbo, and Cobb tuner. Install went well, but I did snap the nipple off the boost control solenoid, which has been Ordered just isn’t here yet. These are the p codes I’ve had since the work has been done. p0244, p0457, p0171. The only thing not fully connected at the moment is the bcs. Will this clear up those issues ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of those look like they could be separate issues. P0244 is over boost, without having the BCS connected you have little to no boost controll meaning any kind of hard driving could result in needing a new shortblock.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

P0171 System Too Lean Bank 1

That's concerning - and makes sense if all you did was throw parts on the car, but not update the tune for those parts... A custom tune would be needed for the VF52.

Also I would remove the intake - that also causes issues in these cars with the MAF readings... Can be handled by a custom tune if needed - but the stock intake is good for 400WHP - so not worth the aggravation at the level your at.

Lastly - you should avoid driving the car until all of this is sorted out - as you have conditions occurring that would do serious damage to engine internals.....:eek:

I would suggest having a reputable tuner review the car and properly tune it.

You need a custom tune for the vf52, the Cobb AP won't give you enough fuel for that air flow.

tuningalliance@gmail.com is one of the best Tuners for these cars. He has kept both my cars running great fro many years.

If your on the west coast Cryo Performance is the place to use.

https://www.cryotuneperformance.com/

You can tell either one I sent you. If your a ok person...;)

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I haven’t driven it at all. I have a Cobb tune in now, but if that’s not enough then I guess I’ll have to grab a tactrix cable. Can’t the purge solenoid cause an this code?

***edit***

Prior to my parts install, the car was running fine, and was stock. Had no codes at all. I had a leaky pcv breather hose, I tore into it to fix that hose, and that’s when I had the p0171 code, ever since then. I only drove it like ten miles, if that. I don’t drive the car much, but come spring, it would be nice to drive with some power behind it.

Edited by jdeitz1979

After fixing the bcs, you still have the 171 code? 05 had the blue T under the intercooler that is prone to leaking. It's possible there's a vacuum hose you missed so I'd start with a smoke test. Disregard all of this if you haven't fixed the bcs yet.

After fixing the bcs, you still have the 171 code? 05 had the blue T under the intercooler that is prone to leaking. It's possible there's a vacuum hose you missed so I'd start with a smoke test. Disregard all of this if you haven't fixed the bcs yet.

Still waiting for that part to come in, so I don’t really know if that does it or not yet. I guess I could have missed the “t” under the ic, I’ll look again, and also double check all of the hoses again as well. I could have easily over looked a bad spot on one of them

Where is the hose that's supposed to be attached to the broken nipple?

It’s on the right side of the solenoid. I’ll take a pic of it, directly behind the alternator, small hose, plugs in the right side. I can get some pics on here tomorrow.