LegacyGT.com

"replaced" clutch out in a year...in with the ACT HD and WRX fly

rainman

So I bought my LGT january 2010 from a Toyota dealership. A couple weeks pass and clutch is slipping bad in 4th and 5th. So I call to complain and they say to bring it in and they'll take a look. They verify that the clutch is going out and say they will replace it for free since it hasn't even been 30 days. Once replaced I notice that in 4th and 5th gear there is still some slip or lag but just decide to deal with it. This last weekend my brother-in-law and I were ****** around in the snow. Not being satisfied he says let's go get my jeep, Cherokee lifted 6 inches with 33" mud terrains. So I agree. He gets it stuck 3 times on a couple different snow banks. I help pull him off the first 2 without much difficulty. But the third bank he got really hung up on. I almost have him out/off it when smoke starts coming from under my hood, and a burnt clutch smell. But I keep pulling seeing that he is almost out. Then the pedal sticks to the floor. So we r able to push it to the shop he works at. Takes the tranny out and pieces of the clutch start falling out. Also, when trying to remove the flywheel bolts, Toyota either used too much torque or too much lox tire because he was only able remove 3. So needless to say, looking forward to the new clutch and flywheel that I bought a year ago!

2011-02-13_12-41-13_769.thumb.jpg.b1dbab6502bed134ee1dbb224f6bacff.jpg

Archived