LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Yeah that will be damn loud especially in the ported box. I designed a sealed enclosure for mine but my system is more about attenuation and accurate soundstage then raw power. I hope you plan to buy a capacitor to go with your setup deff seeing some lights dimming in your future with out it. Some extra grounds in the engine would prob help too. I’m interested to see the decibels you can hit with it once you break em in. Still breaking in my system so I have to idea how loud I can get. Hit 110db during one of my tunes so far.

—————————————————

HPS intake, SSD Front Strut bar, Cusco Rear Strut Bar, Voxx 18” rims,

More to come...

Deff a good idea doing 2 of em those slims should be nice and clear but most likely will lack a little punch w just one.

—————————————————

More to come...

Not really just thought it might be a cool little mod.

Talking about cool little mods ... I was watching this today and for some reason you sprung to mind during it ;) ... maybe this might help to fill in your time if you are currently in self isolation and looking for something to do :lol:

So I took this lovely car to get new tires as I got a screw wedged in one

wC9oW1L.jpg

I ended up finding this! The toe arm sleeve collar thing was bent!

GmtSGFx.jpg

Turns out it was put too high and it was causing shit to rub and hit the sway bar

qTF8DEN.jpg

2HdkSIE.jpg

I also found out my rear lower control arms (both) were not screwed in!

k0k0SAh.jpg

So I got a wheel alignment and new tires as it turns out my camber was -3 degrees off on one side and -2 degrees on the other... what the ****? So this butchered my tires

8tlOufb.jpg

EGKSRHk.jpg

But it turns out the new tires have a larger more stiff side wall which meant it rubbed on my rear bumper panel so I had to order another set in.

Anyways thats my week!

Heres a bonus shot of my go loud bits

tr7VcxS.jpg

Going to get the car lowered more and have a new collar put in on monday!

So I took this lovely car to get new tires as I got a screw wedged in one

wC9oW1L.jpg

I ended up finding this! The toe arm sleeve collar thing was bent!

GmtSGFx.jpg

Turns out it was put too high and it was causing shit to rub and hit the sway bar

qTF8DEN.jpg

2HdkSIE.jpg

I also found out my rear lower control arms (both) were not screwed in!

k0k0SAh.jpg

So I got a wheel alignment and new tires as it turns out my camber was -3 degrees off on one side and -2 degrees on the other... what the ****? So this butchered my tires

8tlOufb.jpg

EGKSRHk.jpg

But it turns out the new tires have a larger more stiff side wall which meant it rubbed on my rear bumper panel so I had to order another set in.

Anyways thats my week!

Heres a bonus shot of my go loud bits

tr7VcxS.jpg

Going to get the car lowered more and have a new collar put in on monday!

Damn... Some guys did some shady work.. I just found out my Right Strut is bad so I guess its time to rebuild my Front Air Struts..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yeah I am kind of sick of the dramas with my car.

Like, this is the rear air strut on my car.

3uWg9mp.jpg

My mechanic, whom installed my setup told me to get that lowered rear lower control arm as it would drop the car by 2-4cm. Why? Well apparently my rear struts cannot be wound down any further. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I really don't quite get it. It has so much thread there it can surely be wound down into the base of the strut?

Yeah I am kind of sick of the dramas with my car.

Like, this is the rear air strut on my car.

3uWg9mp.jpg

My mechanic, whom installed my setup told me to get that lowered rear lower control arm as it would drop the car by 2-4cm. Why? Well apparently my rear struts cannot be wound down any further. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I really don't quite get it. It has so much thread there it can surely be wound down into the base of the strut?

In order to adjust it down you have to disconnect the air line after its at 0PSI loosen the lower collar and turn the bag and everything to the height you want. Then lock down the collar and reconnect the air line.

Going to order a set of wheels and decided to go 18’s instead of 19’s

Anyways I need opinions I have 2 wheels that I’m trying to chose from

1) Sparco- rally gold 10 spoke 18x8x45mm

2)Enkie- Bright silver 9 spoke 18x7.5x45mm

For tires, thinking of 235x50x18

Some sites like https://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Wheel_Configurator_2.cfm have the option to see rims on your car. There’s a bunch of ones out there helped me make my decision. Personally I don’t care for gold rims but then again I don’t like gold in general. I prefer silver or chrome or even gun metal.

—————————————————

More to come...

Some sites like https://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Wheel_Configurator_2.cfm have the option to see rims on your car. There’s a bunch of ones out there helped me make my decision. Personally I don’t care for gold rims but then again I don’t like gold in general. I prefer silver or chrome or even gun metal.

I’m leaning towards the sparco gold wheels,it’s mostly like it’ll clear my Cadillac Brembos up front,right now I’m running 17x8x40mm and it’s barely clearing my brembos.

The enkie I like it but the back spacing worries me.

—————————————————

More to come...

Going to order a set of wheels and decided to go 18’s instead of 19’s

Anyways I need opinions I have 2 wheels that I’m trying to chose from

1) Sparco- rally gold 10 spoke 18x8x45mm

2)Enkie- Bright silver 9 spoke 18x7.5x45mm

For tires, thinking of 235x50x18

With those 2 choices I would go with Sparco but it's really about what you want the car to look like.. A Street Tuner, Rally Car Daily Driver that Looks Good.. If you are sticking with 18's at least go 8.5 Wide then you can go 245 50 18 I believe is the right size.. Double check on http://www.1010tires com

What’s the proper part number for the 20mm rear sway bar and bushings? I just realized the dealer gave me the wrong one last year, they gave me the 16mm one

Edit: just found them, search is better on my computer: 20451VA000 - Bushings 20464VA000 x2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by tmoney468

What’s the proper part number for the 20mm rear sway bar and bushings? I just realized the dealer gave me the wrong one last year, they gave me the 16mm one

Edit: just found them, search is better on my computer: 20451VA000 - Bushings 20464VA000 x2

Yup that’s the right one!!!big difference feeling from the 16mm stock ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any gen 6 3.6Rs running an intake? If so, which one and thoughts?
I have the AFE Power or the Takada Intake.. I love it did see a little MPG Increase on road trips.. Good benefit is you have a air filter that can be cleaned and reused like a K&N..

I have the AFE Power or the Takada Intake.. I love it did see a little MPG Increase on road trips.. Good benefit is you have a air filter that can be cleaned and reused like a K&N..

Kinda miss my takeda intake😔shouldn’t have sold it.

So, I spoke with aFe today after looking on the website. Looks like the intake is specifically for the the 5th Gen. I'm aware is the same engine but is the whole intake exactly the same too? Did you guys just bolt it straight in or did you have to modify the part at all?

So, I spoke with aFe today after looking on the website. Looks like the intake is specifically for the the 5th Gen. I'm aware is the same engine but is the whole intake exactly the same too? Did you guys just bolt it straight in or did you have to modify the part at all?
Which Model 3.6t or 2.5i... The 5th Gen 3.6r is the same as the Gen 6 and works fine.