LegacyGT.com

Goodridge vs StopTech SS Brake Lines

Hey all,

Just trying to get a feel of people's opinions on Goodridge vs ST brake lines, I know there was an issue in the past of Goodridge not being coated lines & being shorter than OEM which, if I understood correctly, has been resolved. I did a quick sub search and found a little information here and there but decided to post this question out there.

Thanks,

Andres

I’ve had goodridge for like eight years. O issues but they don’t do anything from a performance perspective other than looking fast.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

OEM is reinforced rubber lines.

SS lines are a "feel" modification. If you can't tell the difference in your pedal feel to begin with, it may not be worth while for you.

I've had 6 years on my current goodridge lines, 8 on my previous car. 0 issues. Coating is irrelevant - some even say that the coating has a tendency to trap moisture and dirt at the connections, leading to increased corrosion. The only difference in coating vs. non coating is you have to be much more careful nothing is touching the uncoated lines - they can and will rub their way into anything (had one line that I did not check the routing rub on the inside rim of my front wheel; the line was fine, I had a shallow ring around the wheel rim where the line rubbed after only a couple of miles).