LegacyGT.com

Thinking about trading the LGT.

So a family member recently got a 2007 H6 LL Bean Outback with 80k miles from trading a golf cart. It is in pretty nice condition. He asked if I knew anyone interested. I said I might be because I am considering trading my LGT 5eat for it. I bought my LGT last summer and ended up replacing the motor(due to rodknock) with a semi built EJ257 from a 07 STI. Mods include, BNR 18g turbo, Perrin TMIC, Invidia DP/UP, Custom exhaust, GFB BOV, GS EBC, few other odds and ends. It has a total of 14k miles on the new built motor, my chassis has about 120kish. I put a lot of work and love into this car but honestly I am constantly chasing small things and am getting tired of it. He is asking 4k for the Outback and would consider trading for my car I just have to let him know how much I want back. I am tempted to do it and ask 3k back. I know this is a Legacy forum so might have a little bias. I also am about to have my second kid... So me driving around super fast prob isnt the best idea anymore.

I actually bought my '08 LGT a month ago, solely because I needed a car in which I could safely transport my daughter (my other option is a '91 240SX), but I also wanted a car that'd be fun for me to drive when she isn't a passenger. When she's in the car, Intelligent mode. When she's not? Sport!

Granted, mine is completely stock, as most of my mod dollars go to the 240, but I LOVE having a car that makes an otherwise boring commute to work a little more fun. Just my $0.02.

btw, congrats on the second on the way!

Boy...that's a tough one. Practicality says that the wagon would be better, but the bang for the buck is going to be gone. Safety is good on both, and my guess is you'll end up modding the OB anyway.

Good luck with this decision. I can't be of much help as I don't have any small children around anymore.

Outside of valve cover gaskets and accessory pulley bearing failures, not many common issues with the old 3.0 engine. IF (big if, but it happens) any HG issues crop up, a JDM used engine is cheaper and easier than dealing with their 57 bazillion bolts holding on the timing chain cover, unless you're doing the repair yourself. At your leisure. With the engine on a stand.

Modifications are slim with the H6 3.0. Mostly some suspension improvements to firm things up (hit up traildogck here). Ed from XRT tuning can do a bit with them, especially making the 5EAT less indecisive.

That said, other than being a premium fuel chugger in city driving, they are very nice engines. Highway MPG is close to the 2.5 NA engine. Approximately same power as a stock 2.5 GT, but an obviously different powerband. All in all, not a sports car but an extremely nice for its' era daily driver.