LegacyGT.com

power windows

Hey so my girls pass. front window stopped rolling up halfway. It or any of the other windows wont move either except the driver regardless of if I use the doors switch or the one on the drivers door. There's no clicking or whine from the motors so I'm assuming its a relay or a fuse somewhere ant idea where I should look first

It sounds like the motor could just be worn out. Even without any audible noise, the motors can get weak and just sort of give up

Hey I reread my post and it was supposed to say none of the windows move but the driver thats my bad. That's why I was thinking it was a fuse or something it seems like pretty high odds that 3 motors went out at once. I know the other two worked within the week.

Unlikely: All three motors wen't out

Likely: The master switch panel has a short

Even more likely: The window switch for that door is bad.

Subaru has the weirdest system I have ever seen. Each motor/switch is run in series to the the master driver's switch, meaning if you were to unplug a switch (or have one go bad), even the driver's switch will not operate that window. The whole system works in series, similar to old Christmas lights. When one light burns out, everything downstream goes with it.

• 1 month later...
Subaru has the weirdest system I have ever seen. Each motor/switch is run in series to the the master driver's switch, meaning if you were to unplug a switch (or have one go bad), even the driver's switch will not operate that window. The whole system works in series, similar to old Christmas lights. When one light burns out, everything downstream goes with it.

Really? Because from the driver side i only can operate the driver and rear left window, but individually the front right and rear right can operate by it´s own switch.

That's because your switch in those doors is bad. If something became physically disconnected, it wouldn't work. There is a difference between defective and disconnected.

Just as a test, pop out one of your door switch modules. They're easy enough to pop out without taking the door panel off. Unplug it and use your driver's side master switch to try to operate the window. I bet it won't work.

Archived