LegacyGT.com

2007 Legacy power seat won't move forward/back...need help!

Hello everyone, the drivers side power seat moves up and down, but will not move front and back. I assume the problem is a blown fuse, so i took out the manual and looked up the fuse location section (it's section 12-6 in the manual)... and the fuse responsible for moving the seat forward/back is not shown. I looked at the section twice just to make sure... and i can't seem to figure out which fuse is responsible for moving the seat forward/back. The seat is currently jammed as far forward as it can go, so i literally can't even fit in it to drive. Otherwise i would have gone to the nearest Autozone/Shop to ask for some help. If someone could be kind enough to give me insight on what the fuse panel and fuse rating is. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

The first step I’d take would be to identify which motor controls the fore/aft movement (eg from a spare drivers seat or google image search) and tap the affected motor housing body with a small heavy object, probably accessing it from the rear drivers side footwell. Remove the two rear mount bolts for better access if required.

It may be the brushes are stuck in the housing.

Once the seat can be moved to the mid point, remove it for further inspection/motor service or replacement.

The loom should be continuity checked as well, iirc adm cars that are equipped with seat position memory have a lockout connected to the park brake, so that is a possible consideration.

I’d put my money on a worn motor or a jam in the track...

Archived