LegacyGT.com

5EAT Ask your Questions!?!

You recall right, it was much much happier sticking in lock-up mode almost the entire time.

This goes well beyond my knowledge so I don't know whether or not being in open loop the entire time is bad for the car. I know it's not ideal for the environment since closed loop is basically a strategy to handle pollution better?

I honestly don't remember why I did not keep closed loop disabled, I was doing it as a way to troubleshoot something else that was acting weird (oscillating cruise control).

open loop just pushes you into rich fueling territory. closed loop tries to keep you around 14.7 AFR which is the chemistry balanced ideal AFR for combustion engines, I guess. Usually when you're in open loop it's under heavy driving load (WOT) so it just pushes a rich mixture into the car to be safe.

this is my VERY simple understanding of how it works.

open loop just pushes you into rich fueling territory. closed loop tries to keep you around 14.7 AFR which is the chemistry balanced ideal AFR for combustion engines, I guess. Usually when you're in open loop it's under heavy driving load (WOT) so it just pushes a rich mixture into the car to be safe.

this is my VERY simple understanding of how it works.

Closed loop trys to target the closed loop table via maf and O2 sensor.

Open loop only looks at the maf.

Theres a guy selling a built 08 trans with a VB mod on the FS thread, sounds fishy.

I don't buy it, I posted and told him he should offer up details in his ad, because he has a unicorn trans there if it's legit.

"Can hold 600hp" that's a wild claim, but would be awesome if someone figured out how to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

Everyone knows what I taste like.

I don't buy it, I posted and told him he should offer up details in his ad, because he has a unicorn trans there if it's legit.

"Can hold 600hp" that's a wild claim, but would be awesome if someone figured out how to do it.

I call Bs to the moon and back. People have spent thousands trying what he did. Me thinks he had it built and never ran it or he got played by the builder or something is wrong with it. But if its true, thats a giant leap forward.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Where is the fluid level switch on the 5eat? I keep getting codes for the switch. Only happens on freeways and after about a 200 mile continuous drive. Level reports as fine on dipstick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

There isn't a fluid level sensor on the 5EAT.

When you check the fluid level is it under all the following conditions?

1) Car has been driven around for a while, all warmed up and through all the gears, has not since been shut off,

2) On flat level surface,

3) Engine is running.

Is the fluid fresh (bright red)?

Has it been changed recently?

What exact fluid is in there? Is this fluid you added, or did someone else do it?

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Installed a raliteck 'comfort' trans bushing and new mount today.

Car already has group N engine mounts and pitch stop.

I would not install the bushing again, I'm getting a vibration through the peddles/floor now that's minorly annoying, and it didn't improve anything over the engine/pitch stop(would do again)

I would not install the bushing again, I'm getting a vibration through the peddles/floor now that's minorly annoying, and it didn't improve anything over the engine/pitch stop(would do again)

Interesting, I have the hard(race) version and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love the feedback it provides and how it just stiffened everything up.

For me, it made much more of a difference than the pitch stop.

MTBwrench's Stage 3 5EAT #racewagon 266awhp/255awtq @17.5psi, Tuned By Graham of Boosted Performance

There isn't a fluid level sensor on the 5EAT.

When you check the fluid level is it under all the following conditions?

1) Car has been driven around for a while, all warmed up and through all the gears, has not since been shut off,

2) On flat level surface,

3) Engine is running.

Is the fluid fresh (bright red)?

Has it been changed recently?

What exact fluid is in there? Is this fluid you added, or did someone else do it?

One and 2 were true but the engine was not running. I added the fluid 62k ago and it is still red, not bright, but red. I'm planning on changing it soon.

Why an I getting a TCU code for fluid level if there is no sensor / switch. Sorry I don't have the actual code.

Maybe it was a bad combo with the engine mounts. I just ordered a pitch stop , center drive shaft bushing and a a comfort trans bushing but with the stock engine mounts. See how it goes.

My high mileage turd.

Maybe it was a bad combo with the engine mounts. I just ordered a pitch stop , center drive shaft bushing and a a comfort trans bushing but with the stock engine mounts. See how it goes.

They make a driveshaft bushing too? Link please!

I have group n motor mounts, Perrin pitch stop, Rallitek race bushing, and Whiteline diff inserts. It feels so tight, the way it should've come from the factory

They make a driveshaft bushing too? Link please!

I have group n motor mounts, Perrin pitch stop, Rallitek race bushing, and Whiteline diff inserts. It feels so tight, the way it should've come from the factory

http://www.torquesolution.com/Subaru-Sti-Drive-Shaft-Support-Bushings-p/ts-su-dsb.htm

Here ya go.

My high mileage turd.

I bought an 05 OBXT a little while back.

With the Hexmods valve body... if I put the trans in automanual mode, and bump the shift lever up or down, or press the shift buttons on the wheel, how much time elapses before the transmission actually shifts?

2-3 seconds .. its the tcu checking everything is ok first lol

Yeah, you sort of learn the delay over time and pressing it early, timing it just right becomes second hand eventually.

Like WOT in 1st, in order to stay off the limiter, I push the button around 5,500-6,000 usually.

"Build" Thread <--Link

(OLD) '05 EJ255 now a '13 EJ257 Bottom End w/D25 heads (NEW)

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are we still recommending Subaru ATF-HP for trans fluid? I'm going to be doing a flush and fill this weekend and want to stock up.

Probably so... I vaguely remember JMP telling me switched to Amsoil full synthetic and started getting a little slippage in 3rd.