LegacyGT.com

Mystery Vacuum Leak

Hi all,

I'm a bit stumped trying to find a vacuum leak and maybe someone has an idea cause I'm out of 'em.

When driving and boosting, my A/F Learning is fine... +/- 5%

Once I tap on the brake, my A/F #1 shoots to the max 14.99% and stays there until I accelerate, and returns to a good A/F.

What do you guys think?

Any way to test the check valve?

-oem panel filter-

-sprayed MAF/ IAT

-installed new oem turbo inlet 2 months ago

Just to verify, you're fine at idle, right? This only happens when you tap the brake? If so, you have a leak in the brake booster or its check valve. Diagnostic procedures for brake booster leaks are pretty standard across most cars, you can google that or look it up in the vacation pics.

Just popped the hood, removed check valve from booster and hose, and it is functioning properly. booster hose does not look cracked

And in Park when you depress the brake - lean and rough, correct?

Im not totally sure about that.. Ill test it during my lunch break

Make a boost tester or go to shop and get it smoked. Can you load up a LV for us?

Yeah I will post an LV shortly.. I've also been fighting with an exhaust manifold to up-pipe gasket connection. Bought a grimspeed thick gasket, IAM was holding 1.000 for about 100 miles and yesterday it dropped to 0.875, so A/F #2 % is starting to creep up.

but A/F #1 has been 14.99% always (since i got BTSSM hooked up.. about half a year ago )

Archived