LegacyGT.com

Engine stalls at stop...

Hello, I was driving home from work today and noticed almost a lag while accelerating. I parked it and then started it back up and it started to stall out just barely stayed at idle and then jumped back up to 1,000 RPM. It also had the traction control light show up? It will throw the VDC when it's about to stall out No CEL yet. Now when I come to a stop it's a 50/50 chance it's stutters out and almost dies. Any ideas? I also checked the oil yesterday and noticed it was a little low so I added some. Then thought it was too much (just barely over the F on the dipstick) so I drained some out. -thanks! Tony

Manual or automatic gearbox?

Some automatic gearboxes have issues with a binding torque converter, but I think it's primarily a CVT issue.

Otherwise I'd check for air leaks in the intake manifold, bad PCV valve, shrunken donut gaskets and similar.

And as usual - clean MAF and have a fresh air filter. You may need to do a reset of the ECU after a cleaned MAF. Disconnect battery, push brake pedal 20 seconds, reconnect battery. Notice that you will have to drive the car a few times cycling from cold to warm to let it re-learn after that.

The need for re-learning also exists after you have had the battery disconnected for other reasons.

453747.png

Thanks for the info everyone! So I took off the TMIC and checked the hoses everything seemed pretty good? I do recall one of the screws to the TMIC being a little bit loose. I took it on a drive it's a little better. What should the idle RPM be sitting at? It's idling between 600-800

So I went and got a new air filter and man was the old one dirty!!!! It's not stalling anymore! Only thing I am having a slight issue with is it's not building boost at lower RPM you can really feel it hit around 4K rpm. What's normal boost peak for these? And what's normal idle?

Archived