LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

Found out the there was nothing wrong with the bulb. The ballast had corrosion on the inside female end of the ballast main plug :confused:. My friend had an extra ballast laying around at the shop :). I did a quick interior detailing and my wife spelt flower vase water all over the interior last night :spin:

Took advantage of the eBay 20% off coupon and bought this 5 piece DAMD clone side skirt and rear bumper extension combo I've been eyeing forever. :) Really crazy good deal, especially coming color-code painted and free shipping. https://www.ebay.com/itm/391724637965

I bought same one. some days I think it looks good. other days not so much.

I contacted them since the quantity was zero, but they enabled me by adding two more. down to one now. use the 15% off if you buy last one expires 6/29.

Finally got around to buying a windshield sunscreen. Only took me 9 months. I got one of those spring open ones. Doesn't fit perfectly, but it was only $10. And, I don't have to find a place to store an accordion :)

Perrin sts adapter

Perrin shifter bushing

Perrin lightweight crank and water pump pulleys, unfortunately couldn’t find a lightweight alternator pulley

Excited to see what kind of difference it makes :)

More stage 2 stuff to go with the AVO downpipe I ordered earlier!

-Grimmspeed downpipe to stock exhaust adapter

-Grimmspeed 2-1/2" exhaust gasket

-Grimmspeed EBCS and adapter

-Go Fast Bits Mach 2 diverter valve

-Reveltronics UTComp Pro white OLED display with boost sensor and pressure/temp sensors for oil

-Mishimoto oil filter adapter plate for the oil sensors

Haha, I just bought the Ichiba wheel spacers from Sarang. After dropping the car an inch, I feel like it needs a little more push on the wheels. I agree with what I have read about the wheels looking like they are being eaten by the wheel well.

It gives me more time to find some summer wheels for the car too.

Both of my low beams went out within the last two days, so I guess I'm forced to upgrade. Driver's side went Saturday night, and passenger followed suit last night.

Going with the 6K VLED Micros. Now the only bulbs left on my car that will be non-LED are my high beams.

Both of my low beams went out within the last two days, so I guess I'm forced to upgrade. Driver's side went Saturday night, and passenger followed suit last night.

Going with the 6K VLED Micros. Now the only bulbs left on my car that will be non-LED are my high beams.

I've been thinking of making the LED low beam jump but haven't done much research on it. Are there any modifications to be made to get it to work without issue?

Why not do the high beams while you are in there? Assuming you are dropping the bumper.

I bought a 5L Motul X8100 5w40 on Amazon to do an oil change this weekend. It figures that the price jump up to $41. $41 is the highest I have seen, in the past I have seen it from $35-40 range with it usually being $37-38. I had $10 Amazon Prime credit from shopping at whole foods, so I can't complain too much.

I also bought a 16.5 gallons of 'low' 93 octane at the gas station :mad:. On my drive to work my DAM was 0.875 to 0.938. It couldn't get back 1.0 on 18 miles commute this morning. I could see it was trying to adding back timing. My car almost always is 1.0 DAM, it might drop below 1.0 once every two months and quick goes back to 1.0. I don't know if I should stick in of my lower boost Cobb AP OTS tunes, go out buy some Boostane, or stay out of boost for this tank. I am going to avoid that gas station in the future.

Edited by dgoodhue

I've been thinking of making the LED low beam jump but haven't done much research on it. Are there any modifications to be made to get it to work without issue?

Why not do the high beams while you are in there? Assuming you are dropping the bumper.

Purportedly, the VLEDs are straight drop in, which was one of the major drawpoints for me over HIDs. Many people will denounce the throw abilities of LEDs in Halogen projectors as inferior to HID, but I've never had either, so I can't really comment on a comparison. I do know several people who's opinions on parts/upgrades I highly respect that have sprung for the VLEDs and absolutely praise their quality and performance. I also don't exactly live in a rural area, most everywhere I drive is pretty well lit already.

As for the high beams, multiple reasons:

-To change out both, it'd be double what I spent at the moment on the lows, and I NEED the lows as I currently don't have them, highs aren't a necessity right now.

-Yeah, I'll probably drop the bumper to do it, I've been having a pop-out issue near the headlight anyways, so would probably be beneficial to make sure all the clips are properly lined up again.

-The high beam bulbs are actually way easier to access than the lows with the bumper still on. At most, you have to remove the intake funnel.

-I'm still holding out on a solution that will let me have proper DRL functionality with an LED hi-beam. VLEDs came out with a module last year that would let them run at half-power for DRL and full power for hi-beam, but they pulled it after a short time and said they we re-designing it. Still waiting on that.

-I honestly rarely ever use my hi-beams. So just not the biggest need.

Way too far over my head. I can swap in an LED bulb. I don't think I can handle changing a projector. I wouldn't trust myself with that. Maybe in the future, but I'm sure I'll be happy with the LED's over the halogens I had. Not having to mess with ballasts is a plus for me too. Edited by Humble Rumble

Way too far over my head. I can swap in an LED bulb. I don't think I can handle changing a projector. I wouldn't trust myself with that. Maybe in the future, but I'm sure I'll be happy with the LED's over the halogens I had. Not having to mess with ballasts is a plus for me too.

Gotcha!

Another option is to get these and have them installed. IIRC Lightwerkz, a really talented retrofitter, is in Chicago.

Good luck getting more light from your stock headlights! We have HID standard here, so on my wish list instead is to get facelift lights and rig the "c" to light up like I saw some guys here did. Like the Anzio but 1 "c" instead of two "u"'s.

Gotcha!

Another option is to get these and have them installed. IIRC Lightwerkz, a really talented retrofitter, is in Chicago.

Good luck getting more light from your stock headlights! We have HID standard here, so on my wish list instead is to get facelift lights and rig the "c" to light up like I saw some guys here did. Like the Anzio but 1 "c" instead of two "u"'s.

Yeah, I know of Lightwerkz, have their info saved in my phone. If I ever go to them for a project, it will be for the exact thing you're talking about, turning the chrome "C" into an LED DRL just like the current Legacy/STI/Forest/BRZ. I've seen it done an few times and it looks SO good, but is probably gonna be spendy. Would also be a good solution to separate the DRL from the hi-beam functionality to solve that issue.

5jEBJGG.jpg

f4azDiD.jpg

New tint. 15% rear and back. 35% front. Looks great.

New Yokohama tires.

Rear bumper protector guard. Mine bumper was marked up pretty bad.

LED side marker bulbs.

LED back up light bulbs.

LED license plate 18 LED lights fixtures.

Rebuild the spoiler brake light with a new LED strip. Had some LED's burnt out.

New Subaru floor mats. Replaced after market from previous owner.

New capacitor bank on the battery.

New trunk lifter shocks.

New K&N knock off air filter.

New K&N knock off cabin air filter.

Just bought the Legacy used a week ago.

^Pretty decent first buy list. Hope you enjoy your new car. :)

Make sure that the K&N air filter you got is dry flow and not oiled. An oiled filter will likely cause some intake issues in the future. If it IS oiled, I'd recommend getting the AEM dryflow filter for our cars instead. Specific part # is 28-20304.

Yeah, I know of Lightwerkz, have their info saved in my phone. If I ever go to them for a project, it will be for the exact thing you're talking about, turning the chrome "C" into an LED DRL just like the current Legacy/STI/Forest/BRZ. I've seen it done an few times and it looks SO good, but is probably gonna be spendy. Would also be a good solution to separate the DRL from the hi-beam functionality to solve that issue.

5jEBJGG.jpg

f4azDiD.jpg

Drool!

And imagine custom "c" tails to go with those!

So many mods, so little cash :rolleyes:

Purportedly, the VLEDs are straight drop in, which was one of the major drawpoints for me over HIDs. Many people will denounce the throw abilities of LEDs in Halogen projectors as inferior to HID, but I've never had either, so I can't really comment on a comparison. I do know several people who's opinions on parts/upgrades I highly respect that have sprung for the VLEDs and absolutely praise their quality and performance. I also don't exactly live in a rural area, most everywhere I drive is pretty well lit already.

As for the high beams, multiple reasons:

-To change out both, it'd be double what I spent at the moment on the lows, and I NEED the lows as I currently don't have them, highs aren't a necessity right now.

-Yeah, I'll probably drop the bumper to do it, I've been having a pop-out issue near the headlight anyways, so would probably be beneficial to make sure all the clips are properly lined up again.

-The high beam bulbs are actually way easier to access than the lows with the bumper still on. At most, you have to remove the intake funnel.

-I'm still holding out on a solution that will let me have proper DRL functionality with an LED hi-beam. VLEDs came out with a module last year that would let them run at half-power for DRL and full power for hi-beam, but they pulled it after a short time and said they we re-designing it. Still waiting on that.

-I honestly rarely ever use my hi-beams. So just not the biggest need.

Right now, I have mismatched headlights from an accident (I had painted retrofitted headlight). I have a new replacement to put in to match the one that was replaced after the accident. I haven't done it as I am 1. lazy and 2. haven't decided what type of bulb I am going with. I don't have the time or money to do another retrofit, so I am either going to go the LED route or halogen. Leaning more towards LED since I prefer the look over halogens but don't want to deal with any modifications. I just want to drop them in.

I picked up a 4 set of the NKG plugs from Amazon.

I also ordered the parts needed to replace the turbo cooler lines. Once I get that and the valve cover gasket (guess I picked that up today too) installed I can move on to porting the wastegate in the turbo and adding the go fast stuff. So much crap to get to the good stuff.:)

Edited by stewdogg

I picked up a 4 set of the NKG plugs from Amazon.

I also ordered the parts needed to replace the turbo cooler lines. Once I get that and the valve cover gasket (guess I picked that up today too) installed I can move on to porting the wastegate in the turbo and adding the go fast stuff. So much crap to get to the good stuff.:)

Hopefully the OEM plugs, NGK SILFR6B-8. And yep catching up on maintenance is a task, but it can be a bit relaxing to do work you aren't forced into. Just take your time and use the forum resources if you need them.