LegacyGT.com

Colorado Recommended Businesses

praedet

Nice! How much was the total cleaning? Did they steam the engine bay and such too?

Ended up at $130 for a good cleaning along with a 1 step polish as well as using a clay bar on basically the whole car (my gosh is the paint so smooth now) and the interior cleaning. They were going to clean the engine bay as well, but didn't have time as they had a couple other cars they were working on that day and with the deal I was getting I couldn't complain. A more thorough detail like they were doing on the F430 Scuderia they had in there would have been closer to $300-$400. They don't cut any corners either. They went so far as to remove the Ferrari badge from the back because you just can't get the buffer into the little spaces between the letters.

They also spotted a spot of paint that was bubbling on the corner of the bumper that ended up coming off. They were gonna take care of it, but again, time became an issue and I need my car back for the week. They said if I wanted to pick up some touch up paint from a dealer or autozone or something and they would take care of it for me real quick, no charge.

They also do storage but don't have any room to store cars currently. The guy who owns the building they rent has like 50 cars, and about 15 or so of them are currently stored there until he finishes the place he's building to store them all. Two of the building owners cars in there are Bel Airs (might have both been 55s). One of them is a drag car putting down 1100+hp. The guy has only driven it twice because it scares him lol. Does a quarter mile in under 9s I believe. There was also an Audi R8 V10 Spyder, 3 or 4 Corvettes, an old Ford Model A, a couple classic Camaros, a new Hennessey Camaro, an old Chevelle SS, and more. I think you get the picture :p The guy knows what he's doing. Every car in there has been detailed by them, including the ones they are storing for the building owner. Oh, and they've got a 458 Italia coming in on Monday or Tuesday as well.

They are much busier with the nicer exotics and such during the summer so they don't have as much time for the lower end cars like my Legacy (it was probably worth half as much as the next "cheapest" car in there which was probably the entirely original Trans Am with the 6.6L V8 that was for sale for like $38k. I'm seriously happy with the job they did. It was an all day process because they were working on other cars as well (dropped it off at 9AM and they were done with it about 4:30), but for the wonderful price Michael gave me since he knows I can't exactly afford the $400 detail that cars like the 430 Scuderia or R8 V10 Spyder get, I couldn't have gotten a detail done better. I would bring my car there again in a heart beat. It even has a new car-esque smell to it now :)

I'll try to get some good pictures tomorrow. I seriously don't think I could have spent $130 and gotten a better job done anywhere.

Edited by Learjet45

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta start following through, Mike! I have a car that might require storing here somewhat soon. Not sure I'm going to have the room to house it if I want to tear into all my Scoobers.
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

• 1 month later...

So, I wanted to put in a shameless plug for one of my good friends who owns his own shop. He's been a mechanic for 20 years, partially at dealerships, and partially on his own, and has been as master tech for 15 years.

I can vouch 100% for him in every respect in terms of his work and ethics. His shop is Max Automotive and his number is 303 818-4253. He's located just west of Sante Fe on Hampden at 2331 W. Hampden Ave. #145, Englewood, CO 80110.

I had him run some quotes for common repairs on our car. Here's what he gave me:

Timing belt/water pump - $270 labor, $105 timing belt, $154 water pump

Change diff, P/S fluid, Brake fluid, manual transmission fluid - $60 total for parts and labor for each fluid

Auto Transmission flush - $95 parts and labor standard fluid ($180 synthetic fluid)

Head gaskets (turbo car $1025 labor around $250 parts) (non-turbo $892 labor around $250 parts) parts may be additional depending if it needs head bolts, rear main seal...etc.

Clutch - (turbo car $398 labor $423 clutch set) (non-turbo $345 labor $269 clutch set)

Front/ rear axles - $85 labor and $89 axle each side

Wheel bearings - Front $308 labor each, Rear $90 labor each (several different manufactures of bearings please call for part price)

Turbo swap - $490 labor (I do not warranty used turbo swaps, too many variables)

swapping out downpipe (for emissions) - depending on rusted parts I have to repair around $75 labor

I offer a one year/15K mile warranty on my parts and labor.

***ALL prices subject to change depending on condition of vehicle, I.E. rusted broken bolts that i must drill out etc...***

Edited by PutnamCO

Clutch - (turbo car $398 labor $423 clutch set)

I offer a one year/15K mile warranty on my parts and labor.

***ALL prices subject to change depending on condition of vehicle, I.E. rusted broken bolts that i must drill out etc...***

Where was this shameless plug 2 months ago before I did this myself....:spin:

Thanks for the info though, I might be using him in the future since he is fairly close to home.

Sean

Glad to provide the info, I can't believe I didn't think of putting him on here sooner. He lets me use his second lift on weekends to work on my car, and he's taught me a great deal. He'll be at the next SCCA autocross, and will be coming to some track days with me at HPR. He drives a sick, black 300 SRT8.

I'd like to recommend Speedy Roo Motorsports and repair in southeast Aurora. It is located near Tower Rd and Hampden, behind Kohl's. They specialize in Subaru and Toyota, but also can provide services for other imports. They have a solution for all automotive needs as well (PDR, body work, performance, fenders rolled, virtually everything you need). 303-400-0625.

Going back to my recommendation for Man Cave Colorado, another good reason to bring your rides in is that I'm starting out sometime this week or next week and working as an intern and I'm going to be learning to detail properly.

Honestly, transmissions with big problems (unless they're super rare or something) are almost as expensive to fix as they are to simply replace. It sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on getting the transmission rebuilt? My 5th gear synchro is starting to go, and the stealership wants $5k to tear into it!!

Yeah seems that way. Found a cheap place. Advanced transmission center. $335 to Remove/Install and $546 to rebuild + parts. Free towing to their shop and no cost to you if you don't want to fix it after they tear it apart. We'll see. I will def review them afterwards. Anything more then $1500 and i'll jut do a six speed swap

Any update on getting the transmission rebuilt? My 5th gear synchro is starting to go, and the stealership wants $5k to tear into it!!

So I'm new to the forum, but not new to Subaru's. I highly suggest Super Rupair in Boulder. http://www.superrupair.com/

They only work on Subaru's. They always do quality work, and they have seen every Subaru model in the last 30 years. Been around since 1981.

I have no affiliation with this business other than having them work on my vehicles in the past. They just do honest quality work. They have been known to give me a loaner in the past when they had to order more parts. Good luck with your transmission.

Edited by Dade
Typo

Jeff at Boulder Muffler is great, I'm pretty sure he is the only who works there, it's a one man shop but he does awesome work for a great price! He's at:

(303) 835-4330

4790 Pearl St

Boulder, CO 80301-2434

I'll +1 Jeff at Boulder Muffler. I've had him do some work for me and he did a great job really fast for a good price.

Super Rupair get's grumpy with modified cars. Finally sold the dyno too.

Yeah I feel a little more comfortable taking my car to SUBA... I'm about half way in between them. I'm happy with both shops. But SUBA has no loaner car. ;(

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Super Rupair get's grumpy with modified cars. Finally sold the dyno too.

That's because they no longer have Harvey to pawn them off on. ;)

Hahaha - I did talk to Suba, and they think they can swap it for $1400 - $2000 (2000 being a replacement of all the gears!). So far I haven't found better than that. For now, I'm just avoiding 5th gear, which isn't to hard with the 6 speed.

I want a 6-speed! ;) Honestly 1400-2000 for a complete rebuild/replacement is a really good deal. Plus, no one can argue that SUBA doesn't know their stuff. If you can keep all your old parts after the replacement (if they replace everything) you might as well just pay the extra $600 to get all the gears replaced. Why not?

Yeah, I thought it sounded good too. Doubt they'll let me keep the old parts - whenthey rebuilt my engine, part of the low cost is from them keeping the old parts for use elsewhere... But it never hurts to ask!