LegacyGT.com

Colorado Recommended Businesses

praedet

Great props to Troy and Ryan at Suba - like usual, they did an awesome job building me a new engine.

Then, on the way home, I got stuck in the hail storm, and now have a bunch of dimples on the roof (just the roof - hood and trunk survived without issue). Can anyone recommend a good dent popper? And what should I expect to pay to get 10-12 dents outs?

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went back to Terry for the 3rd year in a row to keep my LGT looking new. Took care of one tricky shallow 2" round dent and the only door ding I got since last year. He is contracted with the GO car dealerships and is in all parts of town. Tell him I sent you!

Legend's guy did my dents and does a really good clean job. Click on the orange arrow next to legend name, it didn't quote the quoted

+1

I've also heard great things about Legend's suggestion. Not sure what kind of damage I got today/tonight but I may be paying them a visit as well. There were large marble sized hail balls around here but it was too dark for me to see the damage they caused...

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

I'm in the same boat after the hail yesterday :( Was hoping to get a hold of Terry today to schedule an appointment, but got held up at work. Hope to get around to it tomorrow.

Curious what others have paid for this type of repair. This weather is getting old...

Haha. This kind of weather could never get old! I would live on the coast where it's like this every day if there weren't so much damn salt in the moisture... Cloudy and cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Got an estimate from Terry on Friday, $600. Seems like a good guy and it looks like he knows what he's doing. He has a pretty big back log so he won't be able to get me in for couple weeks. I'll post before and after pics.

Thanks for the recommendation Legend. He knew who you were and that might have helped influence his quote :).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, so I recently got a new job as an Auto Broker for Centennial Leasing and Sales...it's seriously AWESOME! Anywho, at our offices, we have a guy named Dave who does all of the paint/scratch repairs. I see him every day (when I take smoke breaks, I watch him work out back), and let me tell you, he's really good at what he does! He's VERY fairly priced as well, and has quick turnaround.

SO, just like to add him to the colorado recommended business section!

PaintSmith Automotive Reconditioning Inc.

David Smith

720-375-3419

He works here, address is 67 Inverness Drive East, suite 100

Englewood, CO 80112

He specializes in bumper repair, and can even fix puntcures! Factory color matching, scratch removal, headlight restoration (off the top of my head, he does the set for $50), wet sanding...he does quite a wide variety of paint related fixes.

We, Centennial Leasing and Sales, have a constant stream of cars that customers either purchased/are purchasing that require work on a consistent basis, and he receives nothing but high praise from all clientele.

Anywho, give him a call!

• 2 weeks later...

Two months later, I was finally able to get my car to Terry. Turned out great! I'm very happy with the results. Terry is really easy to work with, highly recommended. Thanks again Legend.

I told him I'd be sending more forum members his way, so make sure you let him know!

Any one have an eastwood fender roller in the local area to rent or do the actual work? I finally got my wheels in last week and mounted and balanced today and I just tried using the baseball bat, heat gun method and rubber mallet with hammer methods and it is taking entirely too long and still chipping paint and the fenders aren't rolling the way they should. I really would like to get them done by Monday. I live in Cheyenne and will drive.

^ I thought I saw a fender rolling thread in the rky mtn forum but I looked and couldnt find it, try searching I know someone in the front range has one, might want to contact 5250 performance, if Mike doesnt have one I'm sure he can refer you to someone who does. He is in Longmont FYI not toooooo far of a drive for you, good luck

Might be a wise investment, Mike. I thought about buying one myself but the amount of use it would get would be negligible. With your shop, you'll be one of maybe 5 places in CO that rolls (Subaru) fenders. :)

• 2 months later...
Thats what I thought too. But while I was working on the car, my wife found a place on east evans in Denver that had a roller today. So I'm on my way to Aurora right now if anyone wants to help out.

How did it turn out? I'm going to be looking to do this in the not-so-distant future and would like something reasonably close to home.

Although they were convient as far as having one when I wanted it right away, I would not give them business. Maybe if Mweiner orders one, I would go to him and help his business out. I haven't met him yet but I have talked on the phone with him and he seems like a nice guy. He will be getting a call from me this coming summer for a stage 3+ setup.

Oh yeah and to answer your question for rolling, its a huge pita! My patience actually lasted though surprisingly. You must get that paint extremely hot so it won't crack, and also put the whole car up on jacks so the wheels spin freely. Also a good idea to have a dremel handy for cutting liners back and plastic trim around the wheel wells. Good luck!

Yeah pretty much you can count me out of doing bodywork in the future, I just don't have the patience. And to think I do everything on my own, my next task is to change the clutch and fw. That should be fun.

• 1 month later...

Cleaning/detailing:

Man Cave Colorado

13401 W. 43rd Drive, Unit 7

Wheat Ridge, CO 80403

Phone: 303-279-7333

http://mancavecolorado.com/

I took my 2.5i in today, and oh my gosh is it wonderful! Paint is smooth as a baby's butt (used a clay bar on the entire car pretty much). I had a dent in the door from the door hitting a concrete flower pot thing one day getting out in my driveway and the whole area wasn't very pretty, but it looks so much better. They only did a simple one step polish on the exterior, but it looks amazing. The interior cleaned up really well too. They couldn't get every single stain out, but I'm alright with that as some have got to be years old. They did an absolute wonderful job!