LegacyGT.com

Sluggish power, sometimes

TLDR; intermittently sluggish, p0440 CEL Code

So ever since i replaced the rack and pinion ive had a check engine, and it was orignally because I had broken a weld right before the cat, and of course it through the code at the sensor on the cat.

So i recently got it welded up at my buddys in topeka, and while we did that we noticed the hoses were unplugged from the egr valve, so we plugged those back in, and all this power loss i had comes back. All is fine and i can get back to not being an old lady in traffic... Okay now the CEL is back with p0440 again and my power decides itll come on its own terms...

Thoughts, suggestions, and things to check would be helpful :)

Ill be back in salt lake for a couple days and ill have a decent soace to work on the car and get parts etc from a very conveniently located pick n pull, auto parts store, and subaru, all within a block of my friends house :)

Thanks again

Generic:

A code P0440 could mean one or more of the following has happened:

1. The gas cap is not installed or working properly
  2. The purge solenoid has failed
  3. The canister is plugged and not working properly

Plug the green connectors in under the dash and ensure the purge solenoid is opening and closing....and don't forget to UNplug when done.

Generic:

A code P0440 could mean one or more of the following has happened:

1. The gas cap is not installed or working properly
  2. The purge solenoid has failed
  3. The canister is plugged and not working properly

Plug the green connectors in under the dash and ensure the purge solenoid is opening and closing....and don't forget to UNplug when done.

Sorry for late response. I was on the road from Salt Lake to my next destination.

I guess im not quite sure i understand this. Is there a noise or soemthing im looking for?

Something additional ive noticed is my MPGs seems a little low, at about 25 or less. And i now have what sounds to be lifter or valve tick?