LegacyGT.com

Fog Lights Wireing

I decided to install fog lights on my 2015 Subaru Legacy. The instll of the ights was pretty straight forward, found the exisitng wires exacltly where the instructions said they were. When I got inside the car, I pulled the switch pannel off to instal the push button switch, no wire harness was preaent. In doing some research, some kits for the same car, came with a new turn signal knob, that has the switch.

Has anyone run into this and can guide me on my next course of action?

Thanks.

Keep looking. It's there behind the switch panel. (I assume your 2015 is Base trim.)

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I ran into the same issue installing the OEM aftermarket fog lights.

(I am assuming that this is what you are doing)

There is another connector that gets plugged into the fog light switch.

It is part of the Trunk unlock & Dimmer connector bundle.

Black/Yellow-Green-Black/white-White wires running into an unused connector.

I took some pics and will throw-together a quick pdf for you.

Hope this helps.

In you message you said the my trim level was base, I did a vin search and it indicated my trim level was 2.5i premium.
Premium without EyeSight should be the same wiring as Base trim. Did you not receive installation instructions with your kit?

See: https://techinfo.subaru.com/stis/doc/accInstallGuide/077217-H451SAL000IxILegacyFogLightKit.pdf

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

If you look next to the dashboard dimmer dial, you’ll see there is a wiring harness going into the blank switch, that’s the harness for your fog lights, I just did this install on Tuesday, it took me forever to find it since it wasn’t stated clearly in the instructions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk