LegacyGT.com

Clicking noise from clutch pedal

Hey guys,

I have a 05 LGT and have been experiencing a weird clicking noise from my clutch pedal. anyone know what is causing this? It only happens just as the clutch is released (so pushed all the way in. shift gears. let all the way out. just before its all the way out there is the click).

Also,

Anyone have any idea on the time/ Difficulty to change the oil pan gasket?

Thanks

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

Boy your just full of questions today...;)

These are known for a bad TOB and causing the snout on the tranny to need a TSK3 TOB kit.

Plan a day for the gasket if the engine is in the car.

By your other thread sounds like it may be out...? OOpp's got you mixed up with ALASKANSUBIE.

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Removing the tranny = lot's of labor. While your there...when was the clutch last replaced ? Oh yea, 4.8qt's Motul Gear 300.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Removing the tranny = lot's of labor. While your there...when was the clutch last replaced ? Oh yea, 4.8qt's Motul Gear 300.

What does TOB stand for?

If I dont fix it will it make a difference or will it just be annoying? It doesn't do it all the time and at times i let out the clutch and it doesnt make a noise unless i use my foot to tap the bottom. I feel it could also be something with the pedal

Throw out bearing = TOB

When you replaced the clutch did you put a light coat of high temp grease on the tranny snout where the TOB slides ?

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN6632_zps72402eea.jpg

I wonder if it's your clutch switch, it makes a clicking noise when depressed. It's behind the clutch pedal.

I'm Not sure because I only get the click when I fully let the clutch out. and at times if Im ridiculously gently It doesnt do it. and i can feel the whole pedal shift a little with the click

• 3 years later...

I have this issue also.....haven't put much time or effort yet in looking into it. It comes and goes and always thought the switch would be the issue.

If you get around to resolving this, let me know! ;)

I just welded up a pedal assembly in a GR STI for someone for this noise. Those cars have weak firewalls and the flexure cracks the pedal assemblies. Not sure I've ever heard of it happening to someone's LGT, but it's easy enough to pop the panel in the footwell and get in there and take a look.