LegacyGT.com

2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium Advice

raiderxx

I'm looking for a car around $5000. It won't be a daily driver but I want something fairly reliable and the Premium sounds nice.. I am currently looking at a 2010 Legacy 2.5i Premium with about 150k miles. New head-gaskets, timing belt, new brakes and vented rotors. Overall the pictures seem to look good, well kept. I will be going tomorrow with the intent to buy either this car or one other I'm looking at. Anything I should look out for? It looks like he's already taken care of the big items. If I put 5k miles on it a year I will be shocked. My budget is pretty tight, as I just want to replace my weekend vehicle that was just totaled.. I have a company vehicle for most of my week's work, so this would just be for those milk and egg runs during the week or run to Best Buy on the weekend and my wife's Forester isn't around.

If the truth is that I shouldn't be looking at Legacy's and that I should instead try to find a replacement Corolla or something instead, I'll listen..

Any advice would be great! Thanks!

I would check for a worn out suspension. If its a CVT make sure it doesn't stall or almost stall coming to a stop.

Thanks for the advice! I ended up walking away from the one I was looking at. It just wasn't what I was expecting. It was not well kept on the interior and the guy who was selling it bought it just to fix it up and sell. The front and rear bumpers were both repainted and overall not what I was expecting for $5k, even if the interior was well-kept.

I am now looking at a 2013 Legacy 2.5i with 170k on it, $5,500. It's pretty much meticulously cared for, a dent/scratch here and there but nothing shocking with that many miles on it. Hoping to pick it up tomorrow. Excited!