LegacyGT.com

FAQ: Offsets, Sizes for Rims and Tires on the GT! Xenonk Version! - Vol 2

SBT

I've been doing some reading on wheels and tires for 08 Spec.B.

Planning to get 18x8 +43mm wheels, stock Spec.B suspension, deciding whether to go 235/40r18, 245/40r18 or 245/35r18? let me hear your thoughts!

I am really tempted to go to 245, but might not be practical if I have to do a lot to get it to fit.

235 will work but 245/35/18 actually has a shorter overall height which would be better to lowering. You would likely need to roll your fenders to run the 245s. It's a maybe for the 235s for a fender roll

• 1 month later...
18x10 +25 wheel on an 09 Outback XT. Best tire size and will they fit?

You’d need flares to achieve any clearance with 10 wide wheels on an Outback. Unless you’re going full negative camber.

18x10 +25 wheel on an 09 Outback XT. Best tire size and will they fit?

If you don't want to stretch your tires, minimum would be a 255 wide but a 265 or 275 would be more ideal. Like it's been mentioned, that is an extremely aggressive wheel and you'll need fender flares or likely stancenation worthy negative camber to get them to fit (it'll be about 2 inches of poke compared to a stock wheel and tire)

I have 275/35/18 on my 18x10 wheels (not on Subaru), want to go 285/30 next as I find 275 a bit stretchy.

It all depends on the tire manufacturer as they can run wide, narrow or anything inbetween for the same tire size. Best to look at the tire section width to determine what the "true" width would be

can someone help me with rims? I'm new to aftermarket rims. will a rim that is 5X100 17X7" and its size is 215/45/R17 and an offset of -ET 45 work for the 2007 Subaru legacy b4 gt turbo? thanks! Edited by C4NtDr1v3

can someone help me with rims? I'm new to aftermarket rims. will a rim that is 5X100 17X7" and its size is 215/45/R17 and an offset of -ET 45 work for the 2007 Subaru legacy b4 gt turbo? thanks!

That's a very mild rim, you'll have no issues there. +45 will stick out 10mm more than the stock rims which are +55.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Factory tire size (at least for the north american LGTs) as well so shouldn't cause any issues. Personal opinion, but if you're going to change out your wheels I would recommend with going with something wider in width to fit wider tires!

• 3 months later...

My guess is possibly the spring perches or the fender liners. That's a lot of tire and high offset.

My winters are STi BBS like yours with a 235/45. I never really looked at the inside clearance, but I can check it out.

I've been toying around the idea of running a 245/45R17 Falken Azenis RT615K+ on 04 STI 17x7.5 -53mm offset wheel, what clearance issue would I have?

better off with a 245/40/17.

also the rt615k+ tire is no good. if you are looking at that level of tire, do a bridgestone RE71R

Looking at a set of General G-MAX AS-05 vs Conti DWS 06 any one run the former? I know the DWS is popular. I dont like the soft sidewall of the DWS (felt soft to me in person).

As some background ive had great success with Nexen N5000 and Nexen CP671 in the past on my 09 LGT and 08 2.5i but i can't seem to find them on TireRack.

Will be running them in 225/45/17 on stock wheels until i find a set of replacement wheels (current wheels are peeling from the center out :( )

My guess is possibly the spring perches or the fender liners. That's a lot of tire and high offset.

My winters are STi BBS like yours with a 235/45. I never really looked at the inside clearance, but I can check it out.

I've got 235/45 on there now but my concern is the extra height is going to rub.

better off with a 245/40/17.

also the rt615k+ tire is no good. if you are looking at that level of tire, do a bridgestone RE71R

I was looking something that going to make me a better driver, the RE71s can hide a lot of driver mistakes and also they wear pretty quick on Track/Auto-X days. I was stuck between Hankook RS-4 and the Falken RT615K+ but was leaning toward the Falken because non directional. So I'm probably going to get 235/45R17 RS-4s for summer and 205/50R17 Blizzak WS80s for winter.

R-comps hide mistakes. Re71s are not r-comps. RE71s will make you drive at proper pace, from an autoX standpoint and wont hide your mistakes any more than the other tires you mentioned. They will wear though. BFg Rivals 1.5 S may last longer and give comperable grip at some wet traction sacrifice.

Rs-4 and 615k+ are wack. Better off with a Dunlop Z3 if you want a last gen extreme perf tire

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at running a 18x8 +35 wheel on an 08 spec b at stock height, possibly lower slightly in the future. Is +35 too low where the wheel profile would stick out too much, or past flush? This would be for summer setup at least and wondering if rolling would be required? For winter I've even considered dropping to a 17" wheel for a higher sidewall tire.

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

+35 is too low generally. +48 is best. of course it all depends on the tire you run. an 8" wide wheel usually calls for a 235 or 245 wide tire, and if that is the size you intend to run, then +35 is indeed too low unless you like doing fender work for clearance..

+35 is too low generally. +48 is best. of course it all depends on the tire you run. an 8" wide wheel usually calls for a 235 or 245 wide tire, and if that is the size you intend to run, then +35 is indeed too low unless you like doing fender work for clearance..
Looks like I won't go for that konig wheel then. I did have my eyes on a Japan Racing wheel they offer in +40 but it's also 8.5 so a little wider. I'm guessing this would still encounter the same issue, would it be possible with fender roll possibly though? I was considering maybe going with this fender later on: https://www.vividracing.com/damd-front-fender-exchange-type-subaru-legacy-sedan-0509-p-150762696.html

Probably buy from someone else considering that price, but I have heard it adds some clearance. Also I don't like the look of widebody fender trim with the exposed fasteners so I'm eliminating that as ab possible option.

Edited by SpecDubC

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

First time posting here. It is also my first time buying rims, so I need a little help. Im looking to buy a set of Rota Gravel's, but it seems I can only get my hands on 18x7.5 et 48. As I can figure out it wont be completely flush, but about 6 mm further in than 18x8 et48, which seems to be the popular size rim.

Is anyone running these size rim? Will it work well with a 225/40 tire?

Thanks in advance!

(post moved from another thread.)