LegacyGT.com

WRX USA's 09 OBXT Build Thread

WRX USA

The car is not with you right? If it is, it may be worthwhile to post a video of it when you rev it a bit?

Nope, car is with them now. I didn’t film any video. It was clattery noise, which is why I thought oil (or lack of) might be the issue which is why I checked it and changed it.

not sure yet. I saw a video yesterday of outfront motorsports closed deck design. I think IAG is also doing one as well. Funny thing is it appears those blocks are cheaper too.

I just want a reliable 500-700 HP beast. That's all :spin:

My motor is an outfrount v2 closed deck. It handled 335tq easily at race pace. It's not 700hp, but it was up to 60 minutes at a time at race pace

Btw, I hope they will find out what caused a rod knock. How many miles?

I was at 135,002 when I got gas maybe 10 miles before. I’m going to send out the oil to Blackstone and the motor will be out late next week or the week after. When they tear it down I’m going to ask them to determine the cause. I’ve been modded since about 80k with an AP on VF46, and then VF52, and then AVO380 and now DOM1.5XTR.

• 2 weeks later...
Same parts list? Or will it be different? Are you installing yourself or having it professionally done? Fell free to pm as I'm sure I will have more questions. :)

Should be exactly the same. I don’t think there were any parts for the USDM facelift front end that I reused on my JDM front end. You actually have a huge advantage in that you already have the aluminum hood that will work with a JDM pre or post facelift swap. My 09 USDM hood, like the 08’s, is exclusive to the USDM post-facelift body style.

Same parts list? Or will it be different? Are you installing yourself or having it professionally done? Fell free to pm as I'm sure I will have more questions. :)

You should basically get what WRX USA got minus the hood essentially.

I am getting fenders, headlights, front bumper, bumper beam and grille. That's about it (for now :lol:).

Do you have an idea of when you’ll have yours together?

No I don't... I keep buying things and then I wait forever to install these things.... I have that rear EDM bumper that I bought more than a year ago for the 06. Still in the garage. Got these folding mirrors a month ago as well. Have not even planned yet when I'll install these. Have to install the N7 and sound system in the car too.... And build the subwoofer cabinet as well. Sigh.