LegacyGT.com

WRX USA's 09 OBXT Build Thread

WRX USA

looks like an underbody part that i've never been able to figure out where it goes. listed with underbody covers.

Exactly! I had no idea where they went until I got underneath my car with one trying to fit it a couple of places before I found the correct spot. That's why I figured that before/after pics would be helpful for anyone searching in the future.

• 1 month later...
do you have the transmission undertray on order yet? :)

Not yet, but thanks for reminding me that I need to go to Primitive. Also I have my 08-09 OBXT grille that has your name on it, if you're still interested in trying to mod an OEM grille. I have no use for it since I sold all of my USDM front end body parts.

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/IMG_6812.jpg

All packed up and ready for the road trip to my new home in Portland. The Vizsla in the back seat is the reason for the license plate.

Anything specifically?

I'd love to see pictures from multiple angles of the Whiteline W63398 forward-most rear bushing.

I've been forced to do most of the same work your car has myself (Massachusetts Subaru dealerships suddenly refuse to install anything aftermarket and most Subaru parts [unless purchased directly from them at an unreasonable loss - Example - the Rack & Pinion cost me $580.29 while the dealerships wanted $1,983.92 for the part alone, plus $983.21 for the installation] while standing directly in front of a Subaru made poster of a WRX covered in Whiteline stickers [the very brand of parts which they used to install for my car. They are very well aware that I am handicapped [severe Tracheobronchomalacia, upper arm (Humerous) tops locked to shoulder cartilage]).

The Whiteline W63398 is what I've saved for last since the volume of rubber is large and the steel outside is 1/8" thick. I've already installed a new rack & pinion (because the dealership broke the steel line, leaving me with nearly no fluid to make it home with - On Route 91 South w/ speed limit of 65mph, causing the metal to grind away leaving it unrepairable since Subaru stopped selling the Rack & Pinion repair tools) with Whiteline KSR207. The removal/installer part 20099AE020 produces no results when searched for online. I'm going to check and see if the 927680000 or 20299AG000 & 20299AG010 I already have might be close enough to do the job.

Seeing that the W63398 bushings actually fits will be such a relief, as no pictures of as much are found anywhere online nor on Youtube.

Unfortunately I've not taken any photos of my car since I purchased it, so the sole photo is of it at the dealership just before I bought it in 2012 (but WRX's Outback in White but with clear windows and a Subaru Nav system sums it up). Still has less than 100K miles...

Currently installed:

STI Front Strut Tower Brace ST2050021000

SPT Turbo Heat Shield E771SFG500

SPT Front Lower Chassis Brace SOA8431120

Perrin Steering Dampner Lockdown PSP-SUS-565

Perrin Pitch Stop Mount PSP-DRV-101BK

Summit Racing Volcano Exhaust Wraps SUM-350212-1

DEI Exhaust Wrap 010104

DEI HT White Silicone Coating 010303

Other parts already installed:

Homelink Aurodimming Rear View Mirror H501SAG100

Subaru Armrest Extension J010AG000WB

SPT Side Net Kit (R&L) F551SAG100

SPT Rear Of Seat Net Kit F551SAG200

Subaru Remote Engine Start H001SAG100

Subaru XM Satellite Radio H621SXA000

Braille Battery B3121

Subaru Left Under Cover 56411AG05A

Subaru Right Under Cover 56411AG04A

Cusco 684541AN Rear Strut Tower Brace

Kosei K4R Light Grey Painted 17" wheels (the drop from the OEM 42Lbs to these 14Lbs wheels bumped my fuel economy up by 7 Miles per Gallon in hilly Massachusetts) https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=K4R040LG&wheelMake=Kosei&wheelModel=K4R&wheelFinish=Light%20Grey%20Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Outback+Wagon+2.5+XT+Limited&autoYear=2008&autoModClar=With+OE+Metal+Valve+Stems

Front: Perrin PSP-SUS-121 25mm antisway bar with Whiteline KLC32 endlinks, Whiteline W0506 and W53353 front control arm bushings

Rear: Whiteline rear: KCA399, W63394, KCA307 and KTA124 (and soon enough W63398)

Front:

EBC GD972 3GD Slotted & Dimpled Rotors

EBC DP41661R Yellowstuff Brake Pads

Rear:

EBC GD7410 3GD Slotted & Dimpled Rotors

EBC DP41584R Yellowstuff Brake Pads

Front & Rear: BC Racing BCR F-07-BR shocks, springs and struts.

Will ("likely" for the parts I've had an impossible time having made so far) be installing:

Stainless Steel/Teflon Braided Brake lines (but every company has refused so far, with most of them hanging up on me the moment they hear the word "Subaru")

Aluminium Driveshaft and Aluminium CV Shafts (but yet again, every single maker hangs up on me the moment they hear the word "Subaru" so this will be a challange)

Carbon Fiber Front Air Splitter

Perrin Engine Mount Set PSP-DRV-050 (but I have been repeatedly told that the Legacy motor mounts will not work with the Legacy Outback motor & Chassis)

RalliTEK 5EAT Transmission Mount Insert Bushing (Hard, RTEK-112798)

Killer B HH4-1-SWAIN 4-1 Holy Header Coated

GrimmSpeed 003002 Ceramic Coated Uppipe (if only the ceramic coating was white to keep heat in the gas for better cylinder gas clearance)

GrimmSpeed 007098 LIMITED Downpipe Divorced Ceramic Coated Catted (if only the ceramic coating was white to keep heat in the gas for better cyl gas clearance)

Go Fast Bits 2014 Underdrive Pulley Kit

Spec B Aluminium front control arms

As many Carbon Fiber parts for the body front as I can find (help even up the weight distribution) including Hood, front quarter panels, front and rear passenger doors (and I think my fuel economy would be best served with a non-vented hood and a front mounted intercooler)

Mishimoto MMBCC-UNI-BK Baffled Oil Catch Can

Figure out if STI Front Support Kit ST20106ZR000 as well as STI Flexible Lower Arm Bar ST2051221010 can be used at the same time as the current SPT Front Lower Chassis Brace SOA8431120

Perhaps some sections of the Cusco bracing parts may be installed

Unfortunately I cannot go to a Spec B 6-speed manual as my car was born a 5-speed Automatic (but perhaps the Mercedes or GM/Ford new 8-Speed/10-Speed automatics can be fitted [ECU may make as much impossible])

David

Edited by monkeyman_stones
Add part info & remove clutter.

There we go. I couldn't get an answer from anyone about the Subaru 20099AE020 bushing removal part, so I found on the Bosch website Subaru part number J-44369, then after searching I found a used one (full kit with case and all) on eBay after the seller assured me that one of the parts included was actually marked 20099AE020. So, I can now... Finally, get the Whiteline W63398 installed after pulling the Subaru 20254AE03A bushings with Kent-Moore (Subaru tool) J-44369 which includes 20099AE020. http://www.ebay.com/itm/162480161722

God I hope that the Whiteline W63398 actually fits properly (as it is much, much thinner than the OEM 20254AE03A bushing).

Edited by monkeyman_stones

Installed JDM front fender well undercovers.

Before:

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/6D66C68B-03A8-4FF6-8FC2-76FC1B63866F.jpg

After:

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/60A8B9B0-FAF5-4779-BEC4-A3F1E24ACF56.jpg

so tonight, I just went ahead and rotated my tires on the 06. These undercovers are indeed missing from it. BUT, the 05 has them :confused:. I just checked. So I guess they probably stopped putting these things after the first MY or something.

• 1 month later...

Installed the Prova Oil Level Gauge (aka dipstick) holder so that damn dip stick will stop shooting out! Ok, maybe that's not a real issue but a little extra Prova in the engine bay never hurts.

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/IMG_5429.jpg

http://prova.co.jp/products/accesories/ndgcns0000001ykg.html

Installed JDM front fender well undercovers.

Before:

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/6D66C68B-03A8-4FF6-8FC2-76FC1B63866F.jpg

After:

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/60A8B9B0-FAF5-4779-BEC4-A3F1E24ACF56.jpg

Thats weird, my Legacy has those. I was thinking about getting rid of them.

mmh. Why would it shoot up? I think this would happen if you had too much crankcase pressure, which should not be right I think. How many times has this thing come off?

You must have missed the part about it being a real issue. It's 99% dress up and 1% function.

Thats weird, my Legacy has those. I was thinking about getting rid of them.

Are they too heavy for you? I'm pretty sure USDM 05's (and equivalent JDM/EDM) got them and then they were JDM/EDM only standard equipment for the remaining years of BL/BP's.