LegacyGT.com

PNW EVENT Calendar: WA and OR

AKLGT

Fun stuff at The Ridge last week for a day with Turn 2. Its only my second day there, (and it was raining all day on my first day last month), so still learning the nuances of the track. Best lap of the day was a 2:00.4, there are definitely a few places I hope to pick up some time. The last left hand hairpin before the front straight (turn 15) is still a mess, I'm pinching the apex way too much and still trying to work out the gearing. In 3rd I'm out of the boost and not putting down the power I want and in 2nd I'm just really pinned out more than I want to be. On this lap I short shifted to 3rd and meh...

You're smoking fast at ORP and The Ridge. That's great, you're welcome to a share seat in the Blue Sake Bomber for a Mini Enduro as soon as you get your comp license.

You really need to cage the wagon and run full racing harness and HANS device!

Here's why:

A driver was killed in May at a Porsche Club Drivers Skills/HPDE event at Spokane Raceway. From reading the cause of death it's likely he was not wearing a Hans device (I don't know for sure), but these are a classic description of the trauma that the Hans device protects against:

"SPOKANE COUNTY, May 21, 2019 - The Spokane County Medical Examiner has confirmed the identity and cause of death of the man who died at Sacred Heart Medical Center in Spokane, WA on May 14, 2019 as the result of an incident in the 700 block of N. Hayford Rd, in Airway Heights, WA on May 11, 2019

Name: Warren Rex Morgan

Cause of Death: Cerebral infarcts due to C1-C2 dislocation with bilateral vertebral artery dissections due to blunt impact - neck hyperextension.

Manner: Accident"

"President of Quincy fruit company killed in auto crash at Spokane County Raceway. QUINCY – The owner and president of Double Diamond Fruit in Quincy died suddenly earlier this month.

Warren R. Morgan, 60, was killed on May 16 in an auto crash at the Spokane County Raceway in Airway Heights."

Get a freaking Hans!

At least get a Simpson Hybrid so you can have a HANS + your factory belts.

Edited by Sgt.Gator

Nothing like a race track to find the weak points in man and machine.

"Good Judgement comes from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Judgement"

Yup I totally get it, you're right, I do need to up my game in the safety department. Don't think just having a fire extinguisher is going to cut it much longer :) The Schroth Quick Fit Pro system is a great option and I'll be looking at that. They make one for the STI so I'm going to assume that will work for the Legacy, (I really have no other option if I'm staying cageless). $599 for the Simpson Hybrid Sport HANS is a pretty penny to be sure and thats their budget model. I know, insert, "whats your life worth" here... Basically $1000 and I'm set up. Lets just say its on the list for this winter! Oh wait, my 50th birthday is in 4 weeks, hmmm, play the safety card with the wifey!

As for getting behind the wheel of the Blue Sake Bomber, would love the chance to work in that direction, lets keep talking' bout it

Dude, if she's letting you race already....... telling her you need to spend $1k to be safe doing it is the last thing you should worry about. Seriously. :lol: She'll be all in, the question is will you? ;)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Spoonwacker and I had no idea, but we were there anyhow for a lapping day. So on the lunch break we toured the show and watched the mud pit.

We should have introduced ourselves! That was us checking out your car right before the judges showed up. Did you win?

It didn't fall off, so that's a yes!

There isn't much angle on it, so it's really more decorative than functional. But the mount is adjustable, so at some point we're going to have to experiment with that. I suspect that by the time it has enough angle to make meaningful downforce, the ends are also going to bend downward to an alarming degree.

And I think that counts as active aero...

• 5 months later...

Join Autocross Club of Central Oregon for the annual Spring Track Day at Oregon Raceway Park on April 25th, 2020!

Register now at http://www.msreg.com/autoxclub

$185/driver, $10 discount with $20 ACCO voting membership, $15 gourmet lunch available. Membership gets you $5 off ACCO Autocross events.

Four 30 min sessions each for Advanced, Intermediate, and Novice drivers with verifiable track day experience. Rookie Track Class and in-car coaching for new ORP track day drivers. Rookie group size limited by available instructors.

If event minimum of 45 paid drivers not met by 3/10/20 event will be canceled, refunds issued.

WANTED COURSE MARSHALS, SECURITY & WORKING PERSONNEL - OREGON RACEWAY PARK

Watch the races and get paid for it too.

ORP has a wide variety of openings for the 2020 season!

Course Marshal: Candidates must be 18 years of age, have the ability to be outdoors (sometimes in harsh conditions), have good verbal communication skills and be able to react calmly and quickly to emergency situations.

Security: Crowd control, have guests sign liability release waiver and issue a colored wrist band as they arrive and enter ORP premises. Day and night shift available.

Working Personnel: This is for all other duties that need to be done at ORP on a regular bases.

Orientation Day: Is held March 14, 2020 from 9am-5pm at 93811 Blagg Lane, Grass Valley, OR 97029

If interested in any of the positions please contact,

Brenda Pikl: 541-333-2452 email: info@oregonraceway.com

• 10 months later...

I've been looking for something like this to do since getting up to PNW, but evidently not hard enough. Just found it and it looks like a blast! I also recognized a few board members from here have attended in the past to include: Kyle (Kalien32) and his brother Brandon (Woyshnis Media), and Nick (Average Bros Media).

I'd love to get this out to any other LGT/OBXT enthusiasts in the PNW for the opportunity to participate come closer to July. So get to crackin' on those projects so they're in by summer ;)

Some event coverage from last year:

Details about the event are below:

Northwest Express '21

July 23-25th, 2021

ENTRY FEE - $1,399 - Click here to register.

Entry fee covers 2 people.

Event begins and ends in Seattle.

Northwest Express vehicle sticker kit.

2 Northwest Express event t-shirts.

Exclusive kickoff event/meet and greet on Thursday, July 22nd at The Shop.

Premium hotel accommodations in Portland, OR and Yakima, WA.

Epic route including scenic drives through Clatsop State Forest, Historic Columbia River Highway, Stevens Pass Highway, and Mount Rainier National Park.

Private karting event at Pat’s Acres Racing Complex.

Catered dinner at Pat’s Acres Racing Complex on Friday evening.

Private session at historic Maryhill Loops Road featuring 25 curves in 3 miles.

Catered lunch at Maryhill Loops Road on Saturday.

Finale event and awards at LeMay - America’s Car Museum.

Complete media coverage from Archive Media and Piker Photo.

*As with all Express Rally events, entry fees cover all expenses for participating teams with the exception of fuel and food.

Edited by Febreze Mee

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I've been looking for something like this to do since getting up to PNW, but evidently not hard enough. Just found it and it looks like a blast! I also recognized a few board members from here have attended in the past to include: Kyle (Kalien32) and his brother Brandon (Woyshnis Media), and Nick (Average Bros Media).

I'd love to get this out to any other LGT/OBXT enthusiasts in the PNW for the opportunity to participate come closer to July. So get to crackin' on those projects so they're in by summer ;)

Some event coverage from last year:

Details about the event are below:

Northwest Express '21

July 23-25th, 2021

ENTRY FEE - $1,399 - Click here to register.

Entry fee covers 2 people.

Event begins and ends in Seattle.

Northwest Express vehicle sticker kit.

2 Northwest Express event t-shirts.

Exclusive kickoff event/meet and greet on Thursday, July 22nd at The Shop.

Premium hotel accommodations in Portland, OR and Yakima, WA.

Epic route including scenic drives through Clatsop State Forest, Historic Columbia River Highway, Stevens Pass Highway, and Mount Rainier National Park.

Private karting event at Pat’s Acres Racing Complex.

Catered dinner at Pat’s Acres Racing Complex on Friday evening.

Private session at historic Maryhill Loops Road featuring 25 curves in 3 miles.

Catered lunch at Maryhill Loops Road on Saturday.

Finale event and awards at LeMay - America’s Car Museum.

Complete media coverage from Archive Media and Piker Photo.

*As with all Express Rally events, entry fees cover all expenses for participating teams with the exception of fuel and food.

Phew, that entry fee is completely unfeasible for me as a student, but I wish you guys have a lot of fun! I'll be buying Nick's old Enkei wheels in a few weeks here, and when you see him during the rally, tell him I said hi!

Phew, that entry fee is completely unfeasible for me as a student, but I wish you guys have a lot of fun! I'll be buying Nick's old Enkei wheels in a few weeks here, and when you see him during the rally, tell him I said hi!

No kidding! I haven't met Nick or Brandon personally yet. I was hoping to get together with Kyle when I get back up to WA. And I need pictures sooner than later, so I'll be reaching out to Brandon to see if he wants to make some money. I'll def let Nick know if/when I see him. But hey, meeting up and driving one sunny day is a hell of a lot cheaper than a formal road rally. If you're schedule frees up any after February, let me know and we'll get some of the guys together for lunch or something. Sending you a PM.

Huh didn't know about this. Kinda interesting. I mean team of 2 would be probably $1k in a piece door to door. Not exactly cheap but would probably be fun with the right crowd.

$700 for you and a passenger if you look at it another way. You only get one vehicle sticker kit per entry. Although, let's say you do split everything down the middle with your passenger; why not turn him into a driver and just add the cost of a vehicle sticker kit to the original $1400 so you and your buddy, can enjoy the rally together but separately. The vehicle sticker kit is the only thing keeping one driver from turning into to. It might be something you could inquire about to the host. I'll probably inquire about it myself.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

No kidding! I haven't met Nick or Brandon personally yet. I was hoping to get together with Kyle when I get back up to WA. And I need pictures sooner than later, so I'll be reaching out to Brandon to see if he wants to make some money. I'll def let Nick know if/when I see him. But hey, meeting up and driving one sunny day is a hell of a lot cheaper than a formal road rally. If you're schedule frees up any after February, let me know and we'll get some of the guys together for lunch or something. Sending you a PM.

Kyle Woyshnis seems like an incredibly chill guy. Would love to one day meet him. Lots of cool people in the space of our cars. Will you guys be able to have a whole lot of fun with the COVID situation, do you think?

I'm sure you could get a number of local pnw ppl interested. The fee is high, but includes meals and track fees. Maryhill is private and rarely available to clubs. Audi club does an event there every year and sells out in an hour or two.

The roads listed are fun as well as scenic.

$700/person to spend 3 days geeking out on cars with car people? seems cheap. ymmv.

Covid, notwithstanding, I'd do this.

It's alot of miles. Just map the named designations, with ignore highways. Alot of fun roads available.

I think Gex has done this, as well as members of the Pony Express race team

That is a good price, but somebody (me) decided to not wait any longer on proper orthodontia, so all fun trips are a pass for probably a good year. Really would love to give this a go in 2022.

Straight teeth vs 3 days of fun? I admire your restraint. I sold my Aeron office chair to pay for a weekend of racing.

Straight teeth vs 3 days of fun? I admire your restraint. I sold my Aeron office chair to pay for a weekend of racing.

Yeah, I've never really had an opportunity to correct them and ortho gets more expensive the older you get. I've always hated my teeth. With new insurance available at work, I just need to dump a decent bit of cash upfront and I'm covered.

Aeron's are expensive as hell, but I'll admit I spent car parts money on a Steelcase Leap and it was worth it. Posture is serious business, and especially so now that my classes have me sitting in it for 8 hours or more per day!

You planning on taking this on?