LegacyGT.com

Adaptive cruise control changes??

I had a 16 legacy now I'm driving a 19 impreza

Noticed that 16 legacy' s adaptive cruise control would remain on when stopped..and you could tap resume or lead vehicle moving beep would sound

19 impreza..at a stop..stops adaptive cruise control..after a few seconds..then car rolls forward..it doesn't sound right..and I'm curios what setting needs to be changed..

Thanx

Read the manual quickly..how does lead vehicle alert work then in Impreza? If adaptive cruise controls turns off after a few seconds of being stopped..how does.lead vehicle alert get triggered then?..

Lead vehicle settings are on..fyi

Not the exact same system in the Impreza. It will not hold you at a stop, like our Legacys/Outbacks will.
Edited by Jimy3000

Lets say you are in a merge lane and you happen to be stopped waiting for the person in front of you to go and you are on the brake. If they can make it in the merge and you cannot so you just stay on the brakes it will beep that the vehicle ahead has moved.

If adaptive cruise controls turns off after a few seconds of being stopped..how does.lead vehicle alert get triggered then?

Lead Vehicle Start Alert (LVSA) and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) are two independent functions provided by EyeSight. Stated another way, LVSA is a function of EyeSight, not a function of ACC.

N.B. ACC doesn't "turn off" when the vehicle is stopped, it just reverts from SET mode to READY mode. There is a difference.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png