LegacyGT.com

Racer X (itsme) FMIC install

itsme

Guys has anyone installed this with a JDM spec B bumper? How much bumper, and where am I looking that needs trimming? Many thanks!

I had a JDM bumper skin on my car. The thing I did was trim the ends of the USDM bumper beam to the fit the JDM bumper skin.

Bryan

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be picking up a new kit second hand and hopefully installing it either this weekend or next. Hope to not run into any issues installing it onto an 05. Anybody close to long beach/L.A care to lend a hand? I'll provide food and drink of your choice!

Are you the guy that came and brought the bolt to?

Bryan

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Is there a way to get a replacement for the lower profile bolt that goes in the timing belt cover? Or maybe someone knows a good place that sells bolts like that.

It's a button head bolt the specs are M6-1.0 x 45 and can be picked up at local hardware store.

Hey guys sorry for the slow response. I'm not getting all of the emails about new post on this thread. If you post something and I don't respond in a day, just email me at racerxengineering@hotmail.com. FMIC are back in stock and ready to ship. Thanks for all of the support over the last 7 years.

Bryan

Does anybody have some better pictures of the pipe that connects by the battery, and goes down underneath the car, I can't seem to position is right for some reason, and all the pictures I've found throughout the thread haven't really shown it, also on the hot side are you guys going above or below the power steering lines?

Yea I'm struggling to get the pipe that connects to the intercooler to the pipe right after the battery, it's litterally wedged between the timing cover, coolant overflow.

Then on the hot side, I can't seem to get the pipe that runs along the engine to connect on both ends, it's almost like it's not long enough and doesn't have the correct bends

Yea I'm struggling to get the pipe that connects to the intercooler to the pipe right after the battery, it's litterally wedged between the timing cover, coolant overflow.

Then on the hot side, I can't seem to get the pipe that runs along the engine to connect on both ends, it's almost like it's not long enough and doesn't have the correct bends

How far up are you pushing that charge pipe up? Mine needed a little motivation on that corner to get it to set up close to the tow hook on that side. If your intercooler isn't position right, the pipes won't line up on both sides. Both pipes where they enter the intercooler need to be sung against the tow hooks

• 1 month later...

Hi, all I'm still here. The reason the pictures are down is Photobucket. After being free for 7+ years they decided to charge for pictures on 3 party sites. I was thinking they would start at $100, maybe $200. Nope they shoot straight to $400 a year. So, I got off my butt, and made install instruction on my website. Racerxengineering.com. It's updated to the latest version of the kit and fixed all the grammatical errors and confusing language. (I hope. LOL) I'm going into my 8th year and thanks for all the support over the years. I will still be around to answer questions. Have a great day

Bryan

You should update the very first post with that message and a link to your site.

Thanks. It's done.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there any chance you guys sell a different hot side set of pipes, I bought the kit locally and was to good of a deal to pass up to replace my oem tmic. But man, I just don't like the way the hot pipes run directly next to the engine, and the "loop" by the turbo. Has anyone tried using the Cobb hot side pipes with this kit? Do they fit?

• 9 months later...

I would like to thank everyone for all the support over the last 8 years. I met alot of great people from all over the world. But, I have decided stop making my FMIC kit. I sold out earlier in the year and have no more in stock and even closed my website. Thanks everyone.

Bryan

Any chance you could post the instructions somewhere?

This thread is the instructions. Start on page 1.

• 4 months later...
I would like to thank everyone for all the support over the last 8 years. I met alot of great people from all over the world. But, I have decided stop making my FMIC kit. I sold out earlier in the year and have no more in stock and even closed my website. Thanks everyone.

Bryan

I'm so bummed...I was planning on getting one myself for Christmas. Anyone have one that wants to sell it let me know. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm so bummed...I was planning on getting one myself for Christmas. Anyone have one that wants to sell it let me know. Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Make a WTB post. I made one and was able to pick one up in a few weeks.

When I can back to the basement after this broken ankle, I'll be putting my hardly used ProcessWest IC up for sale. Has everything needed including the hood scoop and duct hardware
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 4 months later...

It's sad to hear this news I'm a little bit behind because my LGT has been down for the last two years. I love this kit, I finally got around to installing mine after having it on the shelf forever! f89bc281f61403020cc01473ed421047.jpgbdda1fbcbd3971df179d47a94fa624ff.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...