LegacyGT.com

07-09 LGT Turbo Air Pump Recall

I guess that info hasn't made it to the east coast yet. I happened to mention it to the Service attendant when I picked up my wagon today. He said he knows there's a airbag recall, but nothing about a air pump...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The service guy was surprised by it as well. It is *some 07-09 Legacies, 08-14 Imprezas and 09-13 Foresters. Is it likely that the VIN determines it showing up as a recall? With only 2 documented cases and 100,000 recalls it appears to be a small sample.

Regardless, like solidxsnake says, it is a simple fix!

I actually saw this on the local news on Friday. All the more reason for the those who have the D25 heads w/the air pump to just delete it. Not expensive ( I had to do it on my D25 heads that replaced B25s)

Can you remove the air pump system with the motor still in the car? If so, I may do it.

I would think so. Subaru dealer had the car back to me within 24 hours and that was with other services being done.

*ah nevermind - re-read your post. I know the relay is all they replaced. Can't comment on removing the whole system without removing the engine.

I'd rather my let my car catch fire with me in it than go to the Dealership for service.

Haha normally I'd agree with you but I've found not all Subie dealers are equal. There are two near me separated by 30 miles and they are vastly different in terms of quality/personnel and prices. A full 12Q tranny flush at one is 200$ while it is 145$ at the other. There are some things I'd rather just have the dealer do as well - like change out ball joints and tie rods for the WL RCA kit, especially since it needs an alignment afterwards anyways.

However, charging 39$ for a 5EAT TCU update is horseshit. It did make the shifting much more smooth, though.

I would think so. Subaru dealer had the car back to me within 24 hours and that was with other services being done.

I think that they just replace a relay for this recall. I want to delete the entire system. I'm stage 3 and I don't see any reason for the dealer to touch my car, but I also don't want the car to burn to the ground.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I think that they just replace a relay for this recall. I want to delete the entire system. I'm stage 3 and I don't see any reason for the dealer to touch my car, but I also don't want the car to burn to the ground.

Check out m sprank's post on the air pump delete:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2007-2009-air-pump-delete-cel-codes-and-ecu-fix-140259.html

Archived