LegacyGT.com

Struts for my 07 lgt

Been looking online and I'm not sure if I should go w. Aftermarket or stock? I was looking at some. kuni sports yellow struts for $154, also do u have to replace both front if one blows? I was thinking yes if I went w the koni struts. If u could tell me if it's worth it to replace front then rear or jus replace the blown f.r. strut w jdm.?

JDM is a nice option if you want upgrading suspension from factory.

Koni's are really nice, you can adjust their dampening to your liking. Eibochs and koni's, iirc, are a nice ride quality, I have h&r and it's alright, but being in Houston with s**t roads, it's a bit rough at times.

KYB makes replacements if you want OEM like ride.

Are you looking to improve the handling and stability of the car?

I've been running Konis for about 6 weeks now with Rallitek springs. I like them a lot so far, the car is much more compliant and agile. In those few weeks I've driven city, highway, and mountain/rural roads and the ride is solid all around. Understandably it's harsher in the crappy streets of Newark (my daily commute to school), but its more than tolerable. On twisty mountain roads, it's awesome. With Michelin PSS tires, the car hugs curves nicely. I'd definitely recommend Koni struts, but if you're going for anything other than OEM, replace all 4 struts. In my opinion it's not worth it to replace 1 or 2 if you're not sticking with OEM/KYBs, plus your car will feel a bit imbalanced.

With that being said, if you want an OEM ride, get KYBs like freaksavior said.

Are you looking to improve the handling and stability of the car?

I've been running Konis for about 6 weeks now with Rallitek springs. I like them a lot so far, the car is much more compliant and agile. In those few weeks I've driven city, highway, and mountain/rural roads and the ride is solid all around. Understandably it's harsher in the crappy streets of Newark (my daily commute to school), but its more than tolerable. On twisty mountain roads, it's awesome. With Michelin PSS tires, the car hugs curves nicely. I'd definitely recommend Koni struts, but if you're going for anything other than OEM, replace all 4 struts. In my opinion it's not worth it to replace 1 or 2 if you're not sticking with OEM/KYBs, plus your car will feel a bit imbalanced.

With that being said, if you want an OEM ride, get KYBs like freaksavior said.

I was thinking about upgrading but I have a few wear n tear parts to fix so I don't really have the cash to replace all 4 at once plus I have to pay a mech to install. So I think I mite just replace the one w. KYB then upgrade when I can.

T.y for the input it helped

I'm afraid to drill and cut my fronts for the Koni yellows.

If you are comfortable taking the original struts off the car, drilling and cutting isn't a big deal. Have a bucket or pan to drain the fluid into, wear safety glasses, drill with quality bits. I used a sawzall to cut the body, but a pipe cutter may be safer and cleaner. The fluid spray was very small when I drilled them out.

Its also a huge help if you have some sort of vice to hold the strut while you work on it.

Archived