LegacyGT.com

Survey: How many people on the board own an OB?

Guest *Jedimaster*

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, better late than never...

Got a 2005 Champane gold OB XT LTD with the 5mt.

Bought in Oct. of 2010 with 120k miles and a blown turbo.... Yes I bought a car with a blown turbo....

Got it for $4k...

Bought a fv52 and hat Phatbotti tune it after the turbo install....

Just ordered the Sublime Joe Bilstein setup for mine...

After about a year and a half... No problems with the motor....still runs very strong!

Wes.

• 1 month later...

Nice color Tony.

Get the sway bar for the rear!!!!! Will be the best first investment aside from maintenance.

Keep an eye on your oil consumption. As these cars get older they like to slowly eat oil...

Check once a week is generally recommended (ounce of prevention...)

Good luck with the XT!

Wes.

Thanks Wes, from what I can tell the maintenance was done pretty regularly, but I'm going to stay on top of it. I've been looking the suspension options too and I appreciate the info. I'll be sure to post plenty of pics as I go through mod stages.

I love those wheels bro!

-Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT3

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

Nice Ride Tony.

I had on dunlop M4 perf snow tires 225 45 17(bought inexpensively on craigslist w/ wheels) , and along with sway bar and newer KYB, it helped alot. However, the speedo does not auto correct for the difference 45 vs. 55. My normal setup OEM wheels and Mich Pro Pilot(OEm size) feels like I am back on a boat.

Wes, have you inspected your the turbo shaft for play, to possibly link it to the oil consumption? Curious, as my OBXT has started to consume oil, and have 109Kmi and 20K on stg 2.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm afraid I agree with the Toyota Venza add that suggests the new outback lacks style. My 2005 with a 6 cyl and 17" wheels looks great. The new ones look like a bloated jelly bean. I can't think of a new car offered today that gives the look and utility of my 05. What a shame. The Forester already fit the niche for customers wanting a small SUV. What happened to the sport wagon? VW diesel anyone?

I'm afraid I agree with the Toyota Venza add that suggests the new outback lacks style. My 2005 with a 6 cyl and 17" wheels looks great. The new ones look like a bloated jelly bean. I can't think of a new car offered today that gives the look and utility of my 05. What a shame. The Forester already fit the niche for customers wanting a small SUV. What happened to the sport wagon? VW diesel anyone?

Subauru seems to do this a lot, migrate an existing model into something else and replace it with a different model. I think, the style for the Outback you want is or, will be now found in the XV Crosstek. I think this gets to dealers sometime this fall. You should be able to Google this for a picture.

Couldn't agree more.

If I were buying a new subaru and had to have somewhat a wagon I would just buy a turbo forester.

The real outback went from a slim and trim 5k runner to a coach potato (bloated jelly bean was good)

Sometimes subaru is so stupid in what they do.

Subauru seems to do this a lot, migrate an existing model into something else and replace it with a different model. I think, the style for the Outback you want is or, will be now found in the XV Crosstek. I think this gets to dealers sometime this fall. You should be able to Google this for a picture.

Yup, That's it. I did not know about the XV C. Looks like mine but a little "pumped up" (not that mine is a girly man) Better Mileage too. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not here to complain, since I love my OB. (It's a black LL Bean version with 6 cyl and brown leather, 17" wheels) Looks and drives great. It is on it's third set of tires and only has ~ 64,000 miles. And one of these tires is now gone. First set of B-stone REA whatever OEM's didn't last 20K miles, but no real surprise there. Next set was Yokohama Avid's chosen for good performance and high treadwear rating. Front lower control arm bushings died at 40K and ruined a pair of these before I caught and fixed it. Bought four new at that time. (possibly should have only bought two but I thought should do all 4 since it's all wheel drive) Then, right rear strut broke and caused that tire to scallop on the outside. Now I have a ruined tire and three others with about 15,000 on them. Should I buy 1, 2, or 4 new tires? Thanks for your thoughts.

I'm not here to complain, since I love my OB. (It's a black LL Bean version with 6 cyl and brown leather, 17" wheels) Looks and drives great. It is on it's third set of tires and only has ~ 64,000 miles. And one of these tires is now gone. First set of B-stone REA whatever OEM's didn't last 20K miles, but no real surprise there. Next set was Yokohama Avid's chosen for good performance and high treadwear rating. Front lower control arm bushings died at 40K and ruined a pair of these before I caught and fixed it. Bought four new at that time. (possibly should have only bought two but I thought should do all 4 since it's all wheel drive) Then, right rear strut broke and caused that tire to scallop on the outside. Now I have a ruined tire and three others with about 15,000 on them. Should I buy 1, 2, or 4 new tires? Thanks for your thoughts.

Hi Joe, I'd get 4 new tires.... we decided to go with V-rated BFGoodriches (225/55R17V) from CostCo. Great durable tires with lots of grip. Plus, you get a 50000 mile warranty from the guys. Something we have used numerous times.

Bridgestones were indeed useless, I'll never go that route again.

Hi Joe, I'd get 4 new tires.... we decided to go with V-rated BFGoodriches (225/55R17V) from CostCo. Great durable tires with lots of grip. Plus, you get a 50000 mile warranty from the guys. Something we have used numerous times.

Bridgestones were indeed useless, I'll never go that route again.

From memory, I think Subaru allows for only 1/8" difference in tire tread diameter, before potentially screwing up the differentials.

Not all places do it (and I have not) but it is possible to have a new tire shaved down to match the tread on the "good" / existing tires.